Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered this from Animegami in September and it arrived just a couple of days ago. Oh this is the deluxe action pose version, I forgot to switch out to the other portrait though, might do it in another video.

Have you got one or are waiting for one? if so, which version have you ordered?

Another one arrived safe and sound at mine (UK). I was expecting the worst when opening the boxes but thankfully it ended well. Truly stunning piece, I thought the Dog Alien couldn't be topped but in my opinion this one takes that spot now.
Nice!
I am in bit of a pickle haha
The pallet company wont enter any buildings so can only leave the pallet outside. So I would need to open the pallet outside and take the boxes out and then take them into building and into lift. But as its 30kg for one of the boxes I wont be able to do it on my own haha so if the concierge dont help I will be stuck!

Did you order the museum pose or the action pose?
Museum Pose

Nice!
I am in bit of a pickle haha
The pallet company wont enter any buildings so can only leave the pallet outside. So I would need to open the pallet outside and take the boxes out and then take them into building and into lift. But as its 30kg for one of the boxes I wont be able to do it on my own haha so if the concierge dont help I will be stuck!

Museum Pose
oh that sounds like bit of a pickle to be in. I could manage the box which contains the alien in by myself, but the one with the base/wall/bust was too heavy. I'd definitely suggest getting an extra set of hands to help with it.

oh that sounds like bit of a pickle to be in. I could manage the box which contains the alien in by myself, but the one with the base/wall/bust was too heavy. I'd definitely suggest getting an extra set of hands to help with it.
yup
well i dont know anyone else here haha only work colleagues
only person that could help is one of the concierge but it depends on if the friendly one is working that day haha
otherwise can try those trolly things you use to move heavy boxes.

Thanks Manu, It's such an epic statue which I couldn't help not making a video on. It's a real shame that some here have received damaged ones, I hope the people who are still waiting receive theirs in one piece. 🙏

I ordered this from Animegami in September and it arrived just a couple of days ago. Oh this is the deluxe action pose version, I forgot to switch out to the other portrait though, might do it in another video.

Have you got one or are waiting for one? if so, which version have you ordered?
I am actively searching for one. I have the Dog but I prefer the big chap. Yours looks great

I'm also on the look out for the action pose after Darkside Collectibles decided to cancel my pre-order yesterday after 6 months. 😡

Super pissed as these were readily available to order in the UK last September/ October.

I am actively searching for one. I have the Dog but I prefer the big chap. Yours looks great
The dog is a remarkable statue and It looks great paired up with the big chap

I'm also on the look out for the action pose after Darkside Collectibles decided to cancel my pre-order yesterday after 6 months. 😡

Super pissed as these were readily available to order in the UK last September/ October.
oh that's really disappointing to hear :( When I pre ordered it in mid September, Animegami was the very last place I could find it within the UK. I hope you get lucky and find one.
those who received it, do you think the heavier of the 2 boxes would be ok to go on one of these?
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61hgrYWQglL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Oh that would do the trick just fine. The courier which delivered mine used something very similar.

Attachments

• 0-02-0a-f8b1b01f5e7e9b8a08704985685eebb545579d194a691b6f1f156df9a4a3e913_e1bddc821292bb45.jpg
    0-02-0a-f8b1b01f5e7e9b8a08704985685eebb545579d194a691b6f1f156df9a4a3e913_e1bddc821292bb45.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 74
thanks both
I dont have much strength haha
my limit is 10kg box
just need to be careful of not having the box fall off the trolly!

mine arrived!!
opened the smaller of the boxes to check if the Alien body and also head had any cracks like others and happy to report no cracks. Not checked the base and wall but I think removing that and putting it back in is going to be a pain so may leave it but at same time dont want there to be damage there and loosing my refund chance! haha

That's awesome news! those first couple of minutes is really nerve-wracking, I'm glad you got it safely. Did the trolley you get do the trick alright? It seems like we've had a bit more luck in the UK/Europe compared to other parts of the world.

That's awesome news! those first couple of minutes is really nerve-wracking, I'm glad you got it safely. Did the trolley you get do the trick alright? It seems like we've had a bit more luck in the UK/Europe compared to other parts of the world.
Was lucky that concierge desk had the friendly guy working that day so he got another guy to come to help with it and they moved it to my apartment with larger trolly then one I had. Im still nervous about opening the larger one but same time do want to check for damages on the base and wall. The place I bought it from opens and checks all statues before they ship it out and they ship it on pallets. So he said before it left warehouse it was mint but on its way to me and on the way from road to flat it may have got damage haha Luckily none on body and head. Still need to check and re pack the arms and ,legs over weekend.

Do most people think it will be worth checking the base and wall or it it less likclet to be have damage like the body with other people?

Well that's good to hear. I've not heard of damages to the wall/base yet but It would be best to check it just to make sure and also check that the leg pin slots into the base without any issue, the same for the wall slotting into the base.

Back