Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out for delivery. I am more nervous then excited. I will let you all know the outcome later today.

After starring at these boxes for 6 hours we finally opened them and happy to say nothing broken. The thing is though Prime 1 really **** the bed on this. It’s not fair that people who received this don’t get a chance for replacement parts. This is an amazing statue and those who were lucky to get it and pay with their hard earned money should have a mint statue. No excuses. I hope Prime 1 reads this and hopefully does something to accommodate. I really do.

great news it arrived without damage
my issue will be needing to open it as soon as I get it to ensure its not damaged as I will need to re package it and keep it boxed for 2-3 months while I move apartments.

Here are few pictures. Not the best lighting or camera.

Attachments

• 639DD27E-0E02-4FAE-8D6B-556B56A7479F.jpeg
    639DD27E-0E02-4FAE-8D6B-556B56A7479F.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 45F7839B-5C5A-43E1-A777-EBCDB892BBE3.jpeg
    45F7839B-5C5A-43E1-A777-EBCDB892BBE3.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 72596820-DF7A-44A2-8E70-1D7B40E46783.jpeg
    72596820-DF7A-44A2-8E70-1D7B40E46783.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 104
great news it arrived without damage
my issue will be needing to open it as soon as I get it to ensure its not damaged as I will need to re package it and keep it boxed for 2-3 months while I move apartments.
I am in the same situation. We are moving into a house however I will not be putting it back into that box. I will figure out a more safer way. Even selling it would have to be a pickup only. Not worth the stress or trouble.

I'm with Secret Compass too. I sooooo want this piece. It's just depressing thinking that there's a huge chance it'll come damaged. :(

Mine still says it hasn't shipped yet, just "Address Confirmed" even though I confirmed the shipping address with Prime1 around January 11th. Is that normal?

Although now that I think about it, I don't remember if I ever got tracking with my City Hunter piece either, so maybe it is.

Either way, I'm leaving on a business trip Thursday for 10 days, so I actually don't want this to arrive until April or May to be honest.

If mine is glue-able, I’m keeping it. This is what it’s come to. And you can see the conundrum we’re all facing from here on out: these tiny edition sizes mean that if you’re a big fan and want a certain statue, you must then assume all risk and pre-order it. Then, two presidential administrations later when it’s finally released, we can either keep a broken statue, or send it back. Prime 1 would have had to make a secret second edition size of 200 (500 in total) just to replace broken parts. No manufacturer is going to do that. Or, leave an open edition so that they can be replaced as-needed, but speculators will balk. So until they can figure out how to package a fragile item, this is where we’re at.

Heeeeck no. I want to be the judge of what’s acceptable breakage or not. If it’s unacceptable, back it goes. If it’s doable w some superglue, I’m keepin it.

Just chatted with Shane today as well. Same answer, two weeks.

Are you guys getting them to inspect prior to shipping out?
Yeah they don't have any replacements so what it is is all I'll ever get. It's a horrible feeling. I canceled two other paid off statue for this and I've waited for forever. I really hope it's okay.

Back