Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone in Europe has already received this piece? I ordered it day one and paid it off day one... but still nothing... really weird.

I would absolutely lose it if I ordered something, waited 3 years to just get my money back. To me it's even scarier than losing $200-300 deposit should one change their mind on a statue. You can make that back in a day or two, but 3 years wait and 3 years gone, for a broken statue without replacement is the ultimate f@ck u imo. You can't buy those years of anticipation and excitement back.

I would absolutely lose it if I ordered something, waited 3 years to just get my money back. To me it's even scarier than losing $200-300 deposit should one change their mind on a statue. You can make that back in a day or two, but 3 years wait and 3 years gone, for a broken statue without replacement is the ultimate f@ck u imo. You can't buy those years of anticipation and excitement back.
Exactly

Company after company comes and goes with these Alien licenses/statues...you have to wonder if ANYone from these teams/businesses ever reads related threads like these, even just for intel/situational awareness, as they plan for and prepare a statue run. And yet the exact same mistakes get made time and time again. Imagine all the time and money involved in acquiring and paying for the license, researching and hiring the team of sculptors, painters, logistics people, marketing, etc. etc., and to have it all come down to a (preventable) scenario like this. It's not like the ship carrying the entire ES of 300 statues sank and now everyone is screwed. Figuring out how to properly pack a fragile statue should be one of the main priorities in an endeavor like this. Develop a prototype, get your packing sample and put that thing through the ringer; drop it, kick it, fire it down the hallway. Figure out what works and what doesn't. Does each new company have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to this? Is this the result of and endless cycle of new companies gaining the rights to produce and sell and starting from scratch when it comes to preparing and shipping these things to survive the inevitable and expected worldwide journeys they take? Even domestic shipping is rough; worldwide shipping is brutal. Who will finally wake up and do this right, from start to finish?

as long as they refund you if you get damaged then its fine I think
I am kind of the same mind set. Yes it will suck if it arrives broken and it will be very disappointing to know that I will miss out on the best Alien statue that is out there now. But this is not life or death. We as buyers can choose not to buy from that company anymore or until they have a better policy when it comes to these items. As long as I don't have to pay for a broken product, I'm good.

If mine arrives damaged, I will be disappointed and frustrated but life goes on and I will return it (Depending on what kind of damage it has)

I will just have to wait for the next Alien from another company.

And if no other company makes an Alien that's this cool looking... I am pretty sure I will survive never owning a great Alien statue. I feel that way about all my collectibles. They are great to have but really, when all is said and done, it's all just junk anyways :lol

Company after company comes and goes with these Alien licenses/statues...you have to wonder if ANYone from these teams/businesses ever reads related threads like these, even just for intel/situational awareness, as they plan for and prepare a statue run. And yet the exact same mistakes get made time and time again.
This is why the out-of-scale net pattern on the 1/4 Jungle Hunter irks me so much. Companies have made leaps and bounds in sculpt accuracy (and occasionally paint quality) since the mid-2000s, yet getting properly-sized diamonds on the netting remains an afterthought.

So I waited 3 years with 2k sitting with them to what? Get it back and not get the thing I've waited 3 years for? You don't see the problem?
Yeah I can see where your coming from if you paid upfront for this.
This is why I alwways order from places that dont take full payment up front. I not paid for mine yet and need to pay before mid march before they cancel and I loose deposit. If I was not able to find it at store that did that then I would not have bought it as I dont like waiting years after paying.

It was on a few UK stockists but they all sold out now.

Yeah I know, I meant does anywhere at all have these available currently? I had to make a choice at the time between this and the 1/3 Predator. If that comes out good, I don't think I'll regret my decision tbh. But the more I see of this, the more I wish I had one. I've also changed my opinion and prefer the action pose to the museum.

Yeah I know, I meant does anywhere at all have these available currently? I had to make a choice at the time between this and the 1/3 Predator. If that comes out good, I don't think I'll regret my decision tbh. But the more I see of this, the more I wish I had one. I've also changed my opinion and prefer the action pose to the museum.
Not that I seen no

Back