Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost 10 pm in Japan....and nothing from P1 for the 40th anniversary of Alien...sad :gah:

Fox is a US Company so for them, Alien Day just started. So IF Prime1 posts something, they will probably do it later during the day (day+1 Japan Time)... or not at all.

They posted a new teaser of the Warrior for Alien Day, that was about it. Honestly, the "holiday" is even more corporate than May 4th. I don't think anyone was clamoring to make it a thing other than a few companies looking to sell stuff. I'm sure this year's Alien Day coinciding with the Endgame premiere was an issue as well.

Betting we'll actually see something (painted or unpainted) at Ani-Com this summer.

They posted a new teaser of the Warrior for Alien Day, that was about it. Honestly, the "holiday" is even more corporate than May 4th. I don't think anyone was clamoring to make it a thing other than a few companies looking to sell stuff. I'm sure this year's Alien Day coinciding with the Endgame premiere was an issue as well.

Betting we'll actually see something (painted or unpainted) at Ani-Com this summer.

Hopefully tired of waiting to see how it looks.

Was originally supposed to be revealed at Winter Wonderfest this last February, but they decided to save it and most of the other A&P statue reveals for later. I'd imagine they're holding out for another large show, so if not at SDCC, then at Summer Wonderfest or Ani-Com. At the latest, perhaps in October during the company's "sci-fi and horror" gallery shop display.

31088bbca9f67173fb6a9a6010429995.jpg

Looks like the Cool Props version with the old school Sideshow backdrop. Different paint, but definitely don't need since I have both of the previously mentioned.

FB_IMG_1571028121067.jpg

What Big Chap is that directly behind the upright one? Looks like their Kotobukiya-inspired version.

EDIT:

Yep. Apparently this one is 1/3 as well as the upright one.

72362896_2368661346732909_8837202164242710528_n.jpg

72747304_2368660633399647_2701637929305899008_o.jpg

Last edited:
I’m happy with my CoolProps Giger. Not selling it for this one. Don’t get me wrong, the paint is obviously really nice in the Prime 1, but the sculpt and pose is the same as the CoolProps. And I do not like that giant background wall, too distracting, too much. It almost camouflages the Big Chap. I prefer the glass cabinet museum look of the CoolProps.

Of course many will disagreed, but that is just my own humble opinion.

Oh shoot. Just notice the slightly crouching version, oh boy...I do like that one.

I will not get the standing up one, as I have the CoolProps one...but the crouching/bending one has my salivating, lol...

P.S. I’m not feeling the Warrior though. Base is too massive...and the Maquette is too busy.

Back