Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the admins on the P1 Facebook group, it's beginning to sound like 1/4 Aliens of any kind are not in the plans due to licensing issues.

I wonder who owns the 1/4 scale license because if it is Sideshow they have not made a 1/4 scale Alien in like a century.

Pics by Kelvin Loke:

7UsRdrC.jpg

s2cJb3a.jpg

RxK9GWu.jpg

pmOk6G6.jpg

xkEaI1k.jpg

68bXMat.jpg

43ag9Cp.jpg

SZbPCPG.jpg

LGdJ47m.jpg

Tjv6G3G.jpg

I?m happy with my CoolProps Giger. Not selling it for this one. Don?t get me wrong, the paint is obviously really nice in the Prime 1, but the sculpt and paint is the same as the CoolProps.
Come on mate, who are you trying to fool now, yourself or the others? We are talking about day and night here! But if you think a full black paint(with some brown highlights) is the same as this one, I rest my case.

I wasn't expecting two separate statues. I'm not even sure which one I prefer, although I like the closed mouth head more. I do agree that the back walls are over kill and distract from the main focus.

Funny how mixed the reactions here are on the new P1 Aliens. I honestly can`t see anything like them with a comparable quality in the past. I am all over the moon with the two Big Chaps and the Warrior.

Quite beautiful statues, but both seem somewhat idealized versions of Giger?s creature, not quite accurate.
Great paint apps!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Uninspired poses. Inaccurate details. Oversized bases. I'm kinda let down at the moment. Other than the dog (which obviously had Coolprops involvement), I'm not impressed at all. I thought these were gonna be sculpted by Fujimoto-San (Mamegyorai Big Chap) but they obviously are not.

I thought these were gonna be sculpted by Fujimoto-San (Mamegyorai Big Chap) but they obviously are not.

If only. But what gave you that impression?

I suppose I like the Koto-inspired Big Chap the most (and it sounds like there are additional pieces/switch-outs that are unpainted), but even so, it doesn't thrill me the way it ought. The scale is certainly a disappointment, but I still don't think I'd budge if these were 1/4 as expected.

Warrior is the most heartbreaking. Pose is awkward and the base is just goofy, making CoolProps' version look classy in comparison. Why would they abandon the crawling pose from the teaser?

If only. But what gave you that impression?

Somebody way back said they were gonna use the same sculptor. :( It is ridiculous big. Looking at it next to the dog and knowing how big that thing is, this is gonna be an absolute BEAST with that wall behind it. The highest spot on the dog's tail is 25 inches and that comes up to what, the big chap's elbow?

Come on mate, who are you trying to fool now, yourself or the others? We are talking about day and night here! But if you think a full black paint(with some brown highlights) is the same as this one, I rest my case.

No, bro. I dont care if you think otherwise. This is my friggn opinion. Im not going to keep spending thousands of dollars for this release, then the next release, then another. Im completely happy with my CoolProps. It displays great in my collection. None of my family or friends care if I have the CoolProps or the Prime 1. I have a third scale Big Chap, and thats that. Im content. If you dont believe me...its your problem...not mine. You go ahead and buy all three 3rd scale Prime 1 Aliens. You must have money to blow and a giant mansion to display all that. I dont. I did preordered the Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter and its Victim/Tree pieces. I mean. You want me to buy them all? I cant, bro, lol. Rest your case all you want, mate. Once you get them all...feel free to post lots of pictures. And Im sorry, that wall diorama is so gigantic and so distracting...I do not like it no matter how many times you tap your heels wishing. I did say the Prime 1 Big Chap paint was great though. Again, I love my CoolProps Giger. I dont know why that is so hard for some people to believe. You have one? Have you seen it in person? My mancave is already full to the rafters. I’m struggling to fit everything. Just bought the mini Alien bust with HR Gigers real signature, that cost me a pretty penny. I rather have that signed Giger piece than just about everything else I own, that is HR friggin Gigers signature, man. Like I said, I do like the P1 Big Chap itself, but not the wall. Again, But hey, I guess Im trying to fool folks here, lol.

I'm thinking the wall art may be another license workaround.

No need as these are 1/3 which P1 have the license for. I imagine it's a mistake, I can't imagine any way in which these could be safely wall mounted unless they have a separate base designed for it. And even then, who would want to wall mount an upright 1/3 Big chap?

No, bro. I dont care if you think otherwise. This is my friggn opinion.
Off course it's your opinion and of course it's your money and I respect them both. I have no problem if you like more the Coolproops and what to keep it.
But telling that the paint job is equal, is like disrespecting a company's hard try to give us something fair and telling that there's something wrong with our eyes! ��
Anyway...

—-Quote Originally Posted by Galactusz View Post
Im happy with my CoolProps Giger. Not selling it for this one. Don?t get me wrong, the paint is obviously really nice in the Prime 1, but the sculpt and paint is the same as the CoolProps—-

I think there was some miscommunication there. I mean to say the sculpt was the same...and pose. I typed paint, that was a mistake from me. Obviously the Prime 1 paint is way superior, Im not disputing that. But I do like the black and browns of mine. Didnt mean to say it was better, My bad for that extra word I typed...paint

Back