Statue Prime 1 - The Dark Knight III: The Master Race Batman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you are right because the deluxe has 2 extra styles for hands, 1 extra emblem and 2 different head sculpts for only AU$300 more.
Judging from the price though, it would have been $1800 instead of $1999 based on the Dark Knight Returns statue.

Yes you are right because the deluxe has 2 extra styles for hands, 1 extra emblem and 2 different head sculpts for only AU$300 more.
Judging from the price though, it would have been $1800 instead of $1999 based on the Dark Knight Returns statue.

But that particular piece went up for preorder almost 3 years ago didn't it? And our dollar has been fluctuating all over the place during that time. To estimate what a piece is going to be priced on Popcultcha it's better to use a more recent preorder.

Same issue with the £ here in the UK. A few years ago a $1000 statue would have cost less than £600, now it's almost £800. Then add the shipping and import duties. I'm getting into statues at the wrong time. :lol

Hopefully the pound recovers some value against the dollar before this piece ships but with Brexit dragging on and all the political instability who knows.

But that particular piece went up for preorder almost 3 years ago didn't it? And our dollar has been fluctuating all over the place during that time. To estimate what a piece is going to be priced on Popcultcha it's better to use a more recent preorder.

Yes not complaining as buying direct from SS or P1 will cost much more with import tax and duties.

Same issue with the £ here in the UK. A few years ago a $1000 statue would have cost less than £600, now it's almost £800. Then add the shipping and import duties. I'm getting into statues at the wrong time. :lol
Inflation too.
It wasn't long ago that I felt a $1000 statue was pretty extreme but here we are pre-ordering $2000 statues. :lol

I see that Popcultcha's prices are about the same as our dealer's offer here in Manila (Pop's around $20 more).

Still thinking if I should upgrade to DX, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $245 for me since the only thing I care about the DX package is the neutral head. The rest I don't think I'd ever put on display since I want to keep mine more accurate to the source material: oval emblem +grappling rifle.

same here. Looks just like the art too. Only the neutral head is what I would want from the dx

And Ordered. Thought about waiting for ES but I find this to be easily the best Batman statue out there. Nothing IMO comes close. Not mass produced or custom. It has everything. I like the Bigger badder Batman. I love that I can switch the Bat emblems (Something I have always wanted from a batman statue). I am a fan of TDK Returns and the gun is the perfect set up to display for that comic.. But the switch outs are perfect for just having a perfect all around Batman.. I like Batman to be a bit bigger.. Which is strange since I am a huge fan of the 70's style batman art but I don't think the skinnier batmans translate as well to a 3d sculpt.. I prefer the "cloth suit" to any kind of armor..

Basically what I am saying is this is perfect. My only issue is I am not in love with the snarl face sculpt. But the other two are perfect.

I hope P1 treats this the same as the original DK release and release some options for other head sculpts..

This thing is huge and that is a concern.. I hope the wings come off and can still be displayed as it will be much easier to find a spot for it. As is I think I will have to become very very creative. But this piece is worth it.

This has to be the first order I have done that has such a far off release date. I sure hope life events don't force a cancellation.. I cant see a better Batman being made.. THis just has that certain something.. No other Batman statue has been this impressive to me. Not even close.

And Ordered. Thought about waiting for ES but I find this to be easily the best Batman statue out there. Nothing IMO comes close. Not mass produced or custom. It has everything. I like the Bigger badder Batman. I love that I can switch the Bat emblems (Something I have always wanted from a batman statue). I am a fan of TDK Returns and the gun is the perfect set up to display for that comic.. But the switch outs are perfect for just having a perfect all around Batman.. I like Batman to be a bit bigger.. Which is strange since I am a huge fan of the 70's style batman art but I don't think the skinnier batmans translate as well to a 3d sculpt.. I prefer the "cloth suit" to any kind of armor..

Basically what I am saying is this is perfect. My only issue is I am not in love with the snarl face sculpt. But the other two are perfect.

I hope P1 treats this the same as the original DK release and release some options for other head sculpts..

This thing is huge and that is a concern.. I hope the wings come off and can still be displayed as it will be much easier to find a spot for it. As is I think I will have to become very very creative. But this piece is worth it.

This has to be the first order I have done that has such a far off release date. I sure hope life events don't force a cancellation.. I cant see a better Batman being made.. THis just has that certain something.. No other Batman statue has been this impressive to me. Not even close.
Damn dude. I have to agree with everything you said. My fav batman design has always been jim lee. But the hush one didn't get me the way this one did. Instill thought it was the best batman statue. Till i saw this one. And great point on the wings. Hope its removable. But either way I was already on a "buy now worry about space later" vibe lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just a heads up, but Sideshow's shipping on the 1:1 Infinity Gauntlet was $150.00, which gave me concern as to how much THIS statue will cost to ship. This piece looks to be even bigger, although most likely to ship in two boxes.

Can you just post what Sideshow usually charges for shipping on their Prime 1 1/3 Scale Statutes so we can know what to expect?

FYI, I ordered mine from BBTS which does qualify for $4.00 Shipping. It looks like the Non-DX is Sold Out on BBTS but one more is left on the DX version.

Well it's obviously going to depend on where you live but yeah, I imagine shipping will be pretty expensive considering how big these are.

But if you're willing to pay $1,200 for the statue itself, I mean come on lol. What's another $100'ish on shipping. I would think/hope people would understand well before it ships that something of this size/weight will cost plenty more than a typical SS 1:4 scale. You pay less shipping, people who order from SS get the rewards points. It really isn't much of a difference overall.

Damn dude. I have to agree with everything you said. My fav batman design has always been jim lee. But the hush one didn't get me the way this one did. Instill thought it was the best batman statue. Till i saw this one. And great point on the wings. Hope its removable. But either way I was already on a "buy now worry about space later" vibe lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I love Jim Lee's art in Hush.. I love Jim Lee's art period.. The Prime 1 Hush Batman just missed the mark for me. I think part of the issue is I am not a fan of the crouching look as a statue. Its great for art but not for a statue IMO. I was not a fan of the face sculpt either.. It did not look Jim Lee enough I guess. I don't know. I want to love it but when it was revealed I was not even tempted.

This one.. No complaints at all. Especially with the Ex version.

Like I said.. For me. No other Batman statue is even close.

But if you're willing to pay $1,200 for the statue itself, I mean come on lol. What's another $100'ish on shipping. I would think/hope people would understand well before it ships that something of this size/weight will cost plenty more than a typical SS 1:4 scale. You pay less shipping, people who order from SS get the rewards points. It really isn't much of a difference overall.

:lol this is true.. But man I hope its less then a 100.00 :lol

Can’t argue w u jaws. This baby is a beauty. I also think the snarl head will never b displayed. Looks odd with the pose

Back