Prime 1 Studios : The Dark Knight Returns Trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venawn

Super Freak
Reaction score
“A Good Death?”
“There’s No Such Thing…”

Prime1 is excited to announce their next DC license, Frank Miller's 3rd installment of the Dark Knight Returns trilogy, The Dark Knight III : The Master Race. Fans of the series can expect high end collectibles based on various artists' work throughout the 9 issues.

FB_IMG_1501495956598.jpg

I wonder if this is THE The Dark Knight Returns comic license that Kelvin mentioned not too long ago in one of the Prime 1 Fb groups, or part of that license and DKIII only happened to be formally announced first?

Either way, it seems that the wait for a 1/3 comic version of the Armored Batman from OG TDKR might have to be longer.

Cool, I like Kubert's version better anyway.

Kubert is emulating Miller, lol, it is nice and refined. Hope it looks like the actual artwork and not an influenced by feel. Is this all 1/3 ?

All star Batman and Robin are in the same verse, whats the chances P1 gets it!? Some good character appearances and more Jim Lee!!

Kelvin says "Most likely" 1/3. Its a safe bet it is... unfortunately.

I wish SS would get off a$$e$ and make this line already, you know they hold the comic 1/4 license. Probably holding out til PFs reach $800. Or, maybe they all thought WE would like a 1/5 Nightmare line instead :monkey4

I wonder if this is THE The Dark Knight Returns comic license that Kelvin mentioned not too long ago in one of the Prime 1 Fb groups, or part of that license and DKIII only happened to be formally announced first?

Either way, it seems that the wait for a 1/3 comic version of the Armored Batman from OG TDKR might have to be longer.

Yeah, this looks to be just for DKIII, it specifically says the third installment. The thread title really should be fixed. He does wear some armor in the book, though probably not the classic...I'll have to go back & thumb through it. At least we should get a nice Superman & WW out of it as well....maybe even a CK Robin!

Yeah, this looks to be just for DKIII, it specifically says the third installment. The thread title really should be fixed. He does wear some armor in the book, though probably not the classic...I'll have to go back & thumb through it. At least we should get a nice Superman & WW out of it as well....maybe even a CK Robin!

She, CK, never wears the Robin get up in DKIII, does she?

It's her as Batman, Batgirl, or Batwoman- if it's only DKIII, right?

Kelvin says "Most likely" 1/3. Its a safe bet it is... unfortunately.

I wish SS would get off a$$e$ and make this line already, you know they hold the comic 1/4 license. Probably holding out til PFs reach $800. Or, maybe they all thought WE would like a 1/5 Nightmare line instead :monkey4

A 1/4 by Prime 1 is just shy of $800 already.

After going Prime 1 I could never go back to Sideshow products.

Despite my thoughts on the business practice, they still have some talent behind the counter and 1/4 is more feasible regarding space and money.

If P1 could make this in 1/4, I wouldn't wait for hell to freeze over before SS gets to it.

Despite my thoughts on the business practice, they still have some talent behind the counter and 1/4 is more feasible regarding space and money.

If P1 could make this in 1/4, I wouldn't wait for hell to freeze over before SS gets to it.

And letting P1 go forth with this license I would think that means SSC is very far out from touching it. But than again look at Swamp Thing.

Speaking of Swamp Thing.. Size really does play a factor. Really dig both Swamp Things, but my best guess is P1's is 35" tall and SSC is 27ish" tall. That is a huge difference in space as well as mindshare within a collection. To buy a true 1/3 Swamp Thing and have it be the largest thing in my collection, just makes no sense at all.

The point being SSC set the 1/4 standard and so many collections are based on that standard.

And letting P1 go forth with this license I would think that means SSC is very far out from touching it. But than again look at Swamp Thing.

Speaking of Swamp Thing.. Size really does play a factor. Really dig both Swamp Things, but my best guess is P1's is 35" tall and SSC is 27ish" tall. That is a huge difference in space as well as mindshare within a collection. To buy a true 1/3 Swamp Thing and have it be the largest thing in my collection, just makes no sense at all.

The point being SSC set the 1/4 standard and so many collections are based on that standard.

Swamp Thing!... you're absolutely right, that makes Igo's line about Flash utter BS, unless he's talking 1/4 v 1/4.

100% that we get a blue version some time down the road. But I think this will be a new sculpt and not a repaint of the current statue since they have the full license for the entire trilogy.

Back