Statue Prime 1 Studios GI Joe license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just file these under "ain't gonna' happen." :)

usAoGOd.jpg

OiALZwX.jpg
Sgt. Slaughter and Refrigerator Perry, so much 80's goodness.

I'm also in the camp that wants P1 to stick with original designs. Man, a Serpentor with his air chariot would take up half a room, but I think I would have to buy it P1 decided to make one.

Joe nerds were b***** over $100 dollies...can't wait to see their reaction over $2K...

People know that with Prime 1 high prices come with the territory. And these won't be dollies.

Joe nerds were b***** over $100 dollies...can't wait to see their reaction over $2K...
I thought these were $700-800. If they're over $1K, then forget it.

GI Joe statues always seem to tank after a couple releases. Palisade, Sideshow, etc.
And there is a logic to that, but in fairness, Palisades didn't succeed with much of any statue line that I recall. And SSC should have done just PFs, and started with Snake Eyes.

It's the 1/3s that are just too much. They should stick to 1/4 or 1/5. Don't split collectors or characters.

Last edited:
It's the 1/3s that are just too much. They should stick to 1/4 or 1/5. Don't split collectors or characters.
I'd prefer 1/4, but for a must have I'd buy a 1/3. That must buy would have to be something that would look great on its own though.

My top three in order of preference:

1. Scarlett - Cartoon version for the classic uniform.

2. Baroness - Her look is fairly consistent I think so cartoon or comic.

3. Snake Eyes - More ninja look than the commando look

I can't wait to put versions of Scarlett and Baroness with my Ant Lucia prints.

GI_Joe_Ant_Lucia.jpg

Cobra_Ant_Lucia.jpg

I've watched all the releases and announcements from Prime 1 but this is by far the one I'm excited to see the most. I'm curious how they will go about the cartoon versions. If they will be like the animated He-Man line from PCS and attempt to be as true as possible to that look. Or just take inspiration from those cartoon uniforms and styles.

There are a bunch of other characters I'm looking forward to seeing Prime 1 attempt like Duke, Lady Jaye, Flint, Alpine, Storm Shadow, and Road Block. But Scarlett is tops since Sideshow couldn't be bothered to make a statue or figure...

Some Scarlett in action clips from the old cartoon. I can't wait. These scenes are better than anything in that Rise of Cobra movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmtCqMVYtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eekTSYezXI

I remember people were upset at the price of Baroness for the quality which wasn't up to the Hot Toys standard. But the look of the Baroness figure was what I wanted from the line, that being a modern take on the older figures. Sideshow just didn't do it for all of them and the prices kept going up for something that this Joe fan didn't want. The Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow statues were fine, Sideshow just didn't see fit to continue that line.

Prime 1 should do 1/6 for Joes instead of 1/4 or 1/3. I'm running out of room here.

My top 3 - Lady Jaye, Cobra Commander, Destro

im definitely in but not holding my breath for a long line, there is always excitement for a joe line but low attendance after a few pieces, i just hope they get pass the main characters and into some more random but it will probably be just snake eyes stormshadow baroness and cobra commander...not that i wouldnt get them but i have like 7 snake eye statues, 5 cc, would love to see firefly serpentor destro, barbecue, scarlett lady jaye some basic cobra troopers and specialties eels snoe serpent viper bat etc croc master would be a dream....

i have plenty of commissions to keep me busy but have been stockpiling pieces to make my own joe characters i will see hoe this line goes before junping into them...doubt will see a roadblock and some others but will hold off on the 1st and 2nd tier characters for awhile.

i also hope they stick to the more to the classic style and not to the ROC Style or their current batman style where everything is over armored...looks nice but not a fan of it.

I'm really excited about this.

I've been trying to fight the temptation to get the Arkham statues. I don't even play video games but I'm loving the 1/3 detailed statues.

However, I will definitely be getting every GI Joe statue made by Prime 1. I hope they are at least 1/3 and based on the classic style. I can image something like the Deathstroke statue but instead it's a classic GI Joe or Cobra character. If only three could ever be made, I'd pick Duke, Scarlett, and Cobra Commander. As others have mentioned I'd also love the idea of Serpentor on his Air Chariot. I'd also like Destro, Roadblock, Lady Jaye, cobra trooper, crimson guard, viper, tele-viper, Dr Mindbender, Tomax and Xamot, Shipwreck, Gun-Ho, Scrap-Iron, Flint, Sgt. Slaughter and Baroness. And the main dreadnoks. I don't mention Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow because I know they'll make those anyway.

Only problem is I just named about $30,000 worth of characters at 1/3 scale.

Seriously, like Spazzy said I just hope it is more than just Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Baroness, and Cobra Commander.

I'm surprised they're attacking both sizes, but I'm definitely all in for 1/4 scale. :clap

Back