Statue Prime 1 Studio Zatanna Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, not opinion; just look at every DC lady to date. :lol

Lois Lane
Katana
Batgirl/Oracle
Amanda Waller
Batwoman
Granny Goodness
Huntress
Bumblebee
Big Barda
Hawkgirl
Stargirl
Etc... etc...

There's clearly a lot of examples where women in DC comics aren't defined by how sexy they look/act. Sometimes this changes with different interpretations... like what's happened with Harley Quinn.

And for all the guys in your statue collection, how many don't have a body like this...

ebf6218d59280e69e451ad74b42f3fa8.jpg

:lol

Amanda Waller
New-52-Amanda-Waller.jpg

Batgirl/Oracle/Barbara Gordon
the-death-and-rebirth-of-barbara-gordon-in-the-killing-joke-400224-600x941.jpg

Stargirl
ccf92876e52383595077f2615f4d73f8.jpg

Huntress
latest

Lois Lane
4739211-loislane.jpg

Katana
23d94aef0d6c4befe938c52a779c3b6e.jpg

I'm not saying these women are objectified, but that their bodies and sometimes their outfits have been made more sexual opposed to their male counterparts.

With women, it's been often proposed that bigger breast and butt is what is sexy. Sure guys with massive torsos exist and are complemented as sexy, but some characters like Flash, Green Lantern, or even skinnier guys like Spidey; have been considered sexy without that Batman/Superman body

These are comic book characters, it's ignorant to think they are objectified, man or woman.

I'm not saying these women are objectified, but that their bodies and sometimes their outfits have been made more sexual opposed to their male counterparts.

With women, it's been often proposed that bigger breast and butt is what is sexy. Sure guys with massive torsos exist and are complemented as sexy, but some characters like Flash, Green Lantern, or even skinnier guys like Spidey; have been considered sexy without that Batman/Superman body

These are comic book characters, it's ignorant to think they are objectified, man or woman.

I was waiting for the pictures. :lol

Artists interpret characters with their own style and ideas... this includes physique.

nothing new on this,but found a few photo's on Artist Steferson Rocha's site.

She looks nice but I'M hoping they are looking at other Artist's renditions also_Or at least switch out portraits and Arm pose's.

Attachments

• Zatanna by Steferson Rocha for P1.jpg
    Zatanna by Steferson Rocha for P1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 440
  • Zatanna_Face_Close.jpg
    Zatanna_Face_Close.jpg
    989.1 KB · Views: 439
  • Zatanna_Presentation.jpg
    Zatanna_Presentation.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
You guys really like this piece? If the idea was to create an average looking girls cosplaying various characters line, then mission accomplished.

They could at least base it on a cosplayer that fits the look of the character better
IMG_0055.jpg

Last edited:
You guys really like this piece? If the idea was to create an average looking girls cosplaying various characters line, then mission accomplished.

They could at least base it on a cosplayer that fits the look of the character better
View attachment 344961

Zatanna's appeal in BTAS was cute, girl next door. There are obvious comic examples, as with any female character that's been around long enough, of her being drawn in a more voluptuous style, including by Artgerm and Adam Hughes , whose work already has statues based on it. I don't see much point in P1, whose skill is in realistically rendered characters, to do the same type of pin-up queen version we're getting or could get from any other company. Similar to the 1:3 TV Supergirl statue they're planning, not every statue is going to fit the same generic tastes (not that the pictured cosplayer represents that necessarily.) I'm so tired of every time a female character gets announced, everyone throws up models and Michael Turner references. Not everyone wants that.

Back