Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hurry up boat...

They are doing their best
b64dfcfdb6e0c65dc24104121116d387.jpg

Finally had the chance to see this in person yesterday at Toy Empire, a local collectibles shop (it says it's not for sale and is the shop owner's personal copy). Upon seeing the figure up close I thought that yup, I made a good call pre-ordering this :lol

It's huge, and can turn heads even from afar because of its heft and presence. Paintjob is just fantastic.

Couldn't resist and asked if I could take some pics. Here are some I took, excuse the bad cellphone quality. It's incredible (no pun) how TDKR Batman measures up against Cinemaquette's 1/3 scale Hulk AoU. I'm now more excited to get this statue!

20668599_10154789606231592_1224691676_n.jpg

20706436_10154789606216592_399594186_n.jpg

20706348_10154789606236592_776350363_o.jpg

beautiful statue. Just wish it had a more action hero pose

I personally like it :) I love how they captured the essence of Del Otto's variant cover for DKIII. He's exhausted and all worn out, but still he remains triumphant. That to me is what the graphic novel was about :)

I wonder how they would design their take on the Armored Batman though as far as pose is concerned. I think a semi-dynamic pose similar to Christ Stevens' art would look good.

cool-dark-knight-returns-fan-art-by-chris-stevens

I personally like it :) I love how they captured the essence of Del Otto's variant cover for DKIII. He's exhausted and all worn out, but still he remains triumphant. That to me is what the graphic novel was about :)

I wonder how they would design their take on the Armored Batman though as far as pose is concerned. I think a semi-dynamic pose similar to Christ Stevens' art would look good.

cool-dark-knight-returns-fan-art-by-chris-stevens

Nice but too similar to the PF imo.

beautiful statue. Just wish it had a more action hero pose

It's the perfect pose for after his battle with the Mutant leader in the mud hole. He's beat up, exhausted, can barely stand and pissed...

It's the perfect pose for after his battle with the Mutant leader in the mud hole. He's beat up, exhausted, can barely stand and pissed...

With the beat up look, it goes well. I would want something more aggressive/imposing with the stance instead of the tired look, but that's just my personal opinion. Still a fantastic looking pieces with all the details.

It is a fantastic piece indeed, and I'm curious as well what prime 1 will do with the Armored look. Perhaps they'll include 2 portraits, unmasked and masked. For sure another standout piece.

Back