Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why some people won't be buying this statue unless they can get get their hands on the exclusive? It's literally the same exact statue minus two optional parts.... Am I missing something here? Do regular editions come in a pink speedo or something?

the exclusive costs the same so why not put your name on the waitlist? It's not like the regular will sell out anytime soon.

I am on waitlist and have reg on preorder, I'm just saying I don't get how some ppl will be like "oh man this statue looks soo awesome but if my waitlist doesn't convert then I guess I'll buy something else" they make it sound as if the regular and exclusive are two COMPLETELY different statues where as it's the exact same statue, only difference is the other comes with 2 more optional parts.

They make it sound as if once the exclusive sells out that's it, there's nomore dark knight returns statue, I mean I heard it sold out in like 5 hours and I was like awh man I rly wanted this statue ohwell, and then I realized only the exclusive was sold out, they still have 1500 of the same statue, people just made it sound like they were all gone, I even saw a comment on the angry portrait of dark knight returns statue on Instagram saying "they're all gone please send more :(" they aren't ALL gone, just the two optional parts are, I wonder what people want the exclusive for more, the calm portrait or the batarangs, for me it's the batarangs, calm portrait seems out if place to me

Some people, like myself, will not settle for anything less than an exclusive because they can't stand knowing there are more pieces to a statue that they don't own.

To some people one or two pieces being excluded doesn't mean much, but I'd rather skip on the statue entirely than to have an incomplete piece.

Im holding out and am on the waitlist, only because I feel like Prime 1's gonna pull some shady variant soon; Clean version of the Bat. Id much rather have that. Blue & Grey with the yellow bat symbol.

All companies should come out and tell collectors if there is a variant.

It's not rly incomplete, you still get 2 arms 2 legs and a head, I mean all they did was make 2300 statues in total and throw in an optional part for 800 out of those 2300, the main statue itself is identical

It's not rly incomplete, you still get 2 arms 2 legs and a head, I mean all they did was make 2300 statues in total and throw in an optional part for 800 out of those 2300, the main statue itself is identical

Yep. They only showed the reg at SDCC, and everyone loved it. The EX is nice, but I'm sure they'll sell plenty of regs to happy customers.

All companies should come out and tell collectors if there is a variant.

I agree but realize that most companies won't do any such a thing. I'm glad that SS announced the Amazing SM and the Symbiote at the same time.

Im holding out and am on the waitlist, only because I feel like Prime 1's gonna pull some shady variant soon; Clean version of the Bat. Id much rather have that. Blue & Grey with the yellow bat symbol.

Regardless of how you look at it. You're still shy of one or two pieces that exist out there. Some people can live with that fact, some people can't.

Depends on the Ex. Some I can live without (T1 COH) and some I can't (Green Hulk Ex COH). Some pieces truly are ex or fail. Not sure if this one is but it may be to some..... of course like others have said... some just want all or nothing.

I agree but realize that most companies won't do any such a thing. I'm glad that SS announced the Amazing SM and the Symbiote at the same time.

Did Frank Miller ever drew Bat in blue version in comic?

Did Frank Miller ever drew Bat in blue version in comic?

image_zps3yywelqv.jpeg

I wouldn't mind if Prime 1 made a clean blue and grey version with the yellow oval. Let others get it if they want it. To me this version is the epitome of the DKR story, a massive, rugged and beat up Batman standing victoriously over the city. This is an absolute grail and if P1 makes the Hush statues they are mentioning my entire collection will be P1.

Regardless of how you look at it. You're still shy of one or two pieces that exist out there. Some people can live with that fact, some people can't.

After I use the pieces I want to display, I sell the rest. I got my 1/4 Batman comic PF basically for free after selling the extra parts.

Once you've been collecting for 50 years, stuff like that becomes immaterial.

After I use the pieces I want to display, I sell the rest. I got my 1/4 Batman comic PF basically for free after selling the extra parts.

Once you've been collecting for 50 years, stuff like that becomes immaterial.

It was material to those who bought it off you. Like I said, some people can live without it, some people can't. Also, immaterial might be the wrong word since you did benefit financially from having these extra pieces.

Its no big deal if people dont want the exclusive, but its really hard to argue against those who value it regardless of whether it is a financial decision or purely being a completionist who would rather have all or none.

That artwork posted above just reminded me, isn't the way the statue looks, (really cut up, right side of the upper lip damaged, swolen right eye, etc), supposed to be based off that photo up above? He's wearing the black suit tho which is what he wears during the second fight and he isn't all that damaged after that one, but the cuts and damage on him in this statue look like they're supposed to be on the blue suit in the first fight are they not?

Looks amazing regardless but the dmg seems like it's from the first fight while the suits the one from the second fight

Back