Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like the general consensus here is that you guys don't like PFs. If yes, why not? I am not really a collector, I only get things that I love, ie. Boba Fett, TDKR, but I do have a Fett PF and it is pretty awesome. Is p1 really that much better? If so, I am pretty psyched considering TDKR is my favorite comic.

Ordered. Can't take the chance and miss out on the exclusive.will be my first 1:3 statue and largest purchase to date. 89 was biggest till this point.

Well as long as everybody got their order in then who cares?

Well, I care. If for whatever reason I didn't check this site or SS site and this was a day 1 sell out...i would be pissed. It's the whole point in signing up for SS's newsletter. In my opinion.

I feel like the general consensus here is that you guys don't like PFs. If yes, why not? I am not really a collector, I only get things that I love, ie. Boba Fett, TDKR, but I do have a Fett PF and it is pretty awesome. Is p1 really that much better? If so, I am pretty psyched considering TDKR is my favorite comic.

What's much better with P1 is the reliability of the QC. Also the bang for your bucks factor is very high with P1, not quite as high with Sideshow since they started rising prices.

I have nothing against PF's in general. I own PF's, I have the Darth Maul PF pre-ordered and I am planning on ordering more. Less space, less expensive (but too expensive for what you are getting still). But there isn't a Batman PF for me, that's for sure. And I love Batman. P1 came up with the right kind of products to make me start ordering Batman statues. Simple as that.

And even if SSC comes out with a PF tomorrow, it'll likely look like crap compared with the P1 effort, So we are good.

Blue version would be nice, but I like this one better.

I hope this doesn't take long and releases in freaking December or something. I'm quite pumped like I haven't been in a while
For a collectible. This is a magnificent piece.

From what I've seen as of late, P1 QC is top-notch and we all know that SS has dropped the ball many times over in that department.

Not worried if they do release a blue as this is my favorite look as well.

I don't mind the wait. Got to put a display together as this needs to be displayed properly. Very excited to have this guy headed my way.

Not sure if it was referred to my post about the latest Batman PFs, but it's not much about PFs. As mentioned above, Prime1 has a track record of better quality control, while Sideshow has its ups and downs that you can't predict. They got better recently, but you never know when they'll pull a Winter Soldier on the statue you have on order.

For the Batmans, none of the Sideshow ones is 100% convincing to me, to put it simply. First PF, the Bale Batman and Batfleck, I don't like the poses. The Red Son version is too niche to spend cash on. Armored Batman looks great but again, I don't want to spend that much money on a version of the character that is secondary. Their Arkham Batman is still the best of the bunch imho.
Also, I'm not gonna buy more than one Batman. I'm a fan of the character, but not enough to buy multiples.

The 1:3 scale is perfect for a one off to display on itself, it comes from a company with a good QC track record, it's one of the most iconic iterations of the character and the sculpt is very detailed. It has grit, character, to a degree that's lacking in most of Sideshow's Batmans to be 100% honest. The details on the suit are enough to give it a more elaborate look without taking away the more classic style of the outfit - and anatomy is spot on. I like how the base ties to the story, too.
It's a 360 degree winner, for me.
For someone who's willing to buy multiple versions of the character to make a full Batman display I can perfectly see why they'd pass on this and wait for a PF at half (?) the price.

I'm not at all a fan of the calm portrait, so I'll wait to see if this shows up elsewhere cheaper. I bought the Modern Age Batman PF for a huge deal last month after planning not to get it at all and really love it. I can wait until the Jim Lee or even the David Finch (who I don't like as an artist, but Prime 1 takes enough artistic license for it to probably turn out nice) is revealed.

Not sure if it was referred to my post about the latest Batman PFs, but it's not much about PFs. As mentioned above, Prime1 has a track record of better quality control, while Sideshow has its ups and downs that you can't predict. They got better recently, but you never know when they'll pull a Winter Soldier on the statue you have on order.

For the Batmans, none of the Sideshow ones is 100% convincing to me, to put it simply. First PF, the Bale Batman and Batfleck, I don't like the poses. The Red Son version is too niche to spend cash on. Armored Batman looks great but again, I don't want to spend that much money on a version of the character that is secondary. Their Arkham Batman is still the best of the bunch imho.
Also, I'm not gonna buy more than one Batman. I'm a fan of the character, but not enough to buy multiples.

The 1:3 scale is perfect for a one off to display on itself, it comes from a company with a good QC track record, it's one of the most iconic iterations of the character and the sculpt is very detailed. It has grit, character, to a degree that's lacking in most of Sideshow's Batmans to be 100% honest. The details on the suit are enough to give it a more elaborate look without taking away the more classic style of the outfit - and anatomy is spot on. I like how the base ties to the story, too.
It's a 360 degree winner, for me.
For someone who's willing to buy multiple versions of the character to make a full Batman display I can perfectly see why they'd pass on this and wait for a PF at half (?) the price.

:goodpost:

I'm not at all a fan of the calm portrait, so I'll wait to see if this shows up elsewhere cheaper. I bought the Modern Age Batman PF for a huge deal last month after planning not to get it at all and really love it. I can wait until the Jim Lee or even the David Finch (who I don't like as an artist, but Prime 1 takes enough artistic license for it to probably turn out nice) is revealed.

Not just the calm portrait you'll miss out on, but also the hand holding 3 batarangs.

Not just the calm portrait you'll miss out on, but also the hand holding 3 batarangs.

I saw (although I definitely appreciate you pointing that out before I potentially missed out :duff) I think the rifle hand is the best look for the pose with the grappling hook being the second. The batarang hand fit more organically with the Arkham Asylum PF, IMO.

I saw (although I definitely appreciate you pointing that out before I potentially missed out :duff) I think the rifle hand is the best look for the pose with the grappling hook being the second. The batarang hand fit more organically with the Arkham Asylum PF, IMO.

No problem, buddy. Wasn't sure if you saw that or now. I just like all the options we get. You can get a lot of different looks with this guy.

The rifle doesn't work though because it's with the wrong suit. It was in the beginning when he still had the blue suit with the yellow logo that he used a rifle. Not bad that they included it but the EX hand is a must for me.

The rifle doesn't work though because it's with the wrong suit. It was in the beginning when he still had the blue suit with the yellow logo that he used a rifle. Not bad that they included it but the EX hand is a must for me.

Definitely not displaying it with the rifle. Accurate or not, Batman with a rifle bugs me to no end :lol

I'm probably going to use the grappling hook, looks amazing. The Batarangs are great but too unoriginal at this point, and these are really small on top of that.

I wonder if the grappling hook is connected to both hands. I'd like to display the hook in one hand and the batarangs in the other.

Definitely not displaying it with the rifle. Accurate or not, Batman with a rifle bugs me to no end :lol

I'm probably going to use the grappling hook, looks amazing. The Batarangs are great but too unoriginal at this point, and these are really small on top of that.

Yea the gun seems kinda off for Batman in general. Unless it's Flashpoint Batman! :pray:

I remember the first time I saw the image of bats holding that rifle. It was enough to make me hate miller lol. Then it shot a grappling hook...I realized I had been trolled by Mr. Miller :pfft:

I wonder if the grappling hook is connected to both hands. I'd like to display the hook in one hand and the batarangs in the other.

image.jpg. Both hands

Back