Statue Prime 1 Studio: Suicide Squad - 1/3 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird thing is the 12 inch DC Collectibles Statue of Harley also has the Black Lines in the back of the legs. I'm thinking it has to have something to do with keeping the fishnet tight where they glue the net together.

True. Sometimes the photographs and angles make it look weird. Really hoping there will be some video footage of the prototype at Kelvin Loke's base HQ soon and he can comment her in-hand. Even a lot of Hot Toys head sculpts look a lot better in person than when they were photographed.

Bruce Wayne summed up my impression of the Hot Toys face sculpt on its respective thread. I also think, while $250 for that significantly cheaper than this statue, the non-movable, sculpted bangs on the HT left room for them to maybe do switch-out face plates or something to increase the value. I imagine they're saving alternate portraits for an eventual party dress version.:(

Not really feeling this one. I can see what they were going for in the head sculpt (the initial cast image) but it looks more like Elizabeth Banks than Margot Robbie. It's in the eyes.

2e11566baf89848dc01ebd4d89b47da83508b612e69ac10a4b14a82c3af2efe2.jpg

hot-toys-suicide-squad-harley-quinn.jpg

8408465769_92d58b39ba.jpg

That said, HT often does improvements from proto to production, so there's no way to tell which will turn out better. I do know, with the possible exception of the laughing head, to say the S.H. Figuarts has a superior likeness to this is just not accurate, IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAgzVojt3DE&t=585s

Yeah, they definitely didn't. I have no idea what goes into engineering fishnets, but the seams have been unavoidable for every statue I've seen to-date. While I was hoping it was a possibility at this larger scale, but I'm thinking in order to hide it, they'd have to cast the legs separately and fasten it at the top where it would be under her shorts. That could be even more of an issue for a heavier piece than the smaller Cover Girls and Bishoujo statues we're used to seeing fishnets on.
I had the Machiko PF that Sideshow did and I am pretty sure they figured out how to attach the fishnets without having a seam. I just went to find a picture from Sideshow's site that shows how well done they were.
1e1c3ec14e6109204ed732ac9ef1eadb.jpg

I had the Machiko PF that Sideshow did and I am pretty sure they figured out how to attach the fishnets without having a seam. I just went to find a picture from Sideshow's site that shows how well done they were.

Good catch (that piece was a sleeper hit to be sure.) My take is that, the reason the seam is fastened down the side of the leg on most statues is because the shape curves in and out as you travel down. Simply wrapping a stocking around it would cause loose "webbing" around the narrower parts, like below the calf and underneath the knee, especially with P1 Harley's knee being bent. Machiko probably has a hidden seam underneath the hip armor, but no seam would be necessary because the fishnets start from above the knee and also have armor plates around to help keep the shape. The upcoming Black Canary PF, the prototype at least, has a much thinner seam, but it helps that the netting is wider and the leg position is much straighter the Harley's.

Machiko actually has big seams as well. They are hidden, mostly. In the picture here you can barely see the seam on the backside of her left leg. On her right leg it's on the inside of her thigh so they turned her to just the right spot so the seams wouldn't be visible from this picture. Smart considering people are having a tough time with Harley's seam.

Machiko actually has big seams as well. They are hidden, mostly. In the picture here you can barely see the seam on the backside of her left leg. On her right leg it's on the inside of her thigh so they turned her to just the right spot so the seams wouldn't be visible from this picture. Smart considering people are having a tough time with Harley's seam.

Agreed, Machiko was just a smartly designed piece all-around. I can live with Harley's seam, personally. If anything, the seam lines defining her curves prove she has any back there to begin with.:rotfl

Good catch (that piece was a sleeper hit to be sure.) My take is that, the reason the seam is fastened down the side of the leg on most statues is because the shape curves in and out as you travel down. Simply wrapping a stocking around it would cause loose "webbing" around the narrower parts, like below the calf and underneath the knee, especially with P1 Harley's knee being bent. Machiko probably has a hidden seam underneath the hip armor, but no seam would be necessary because the fishnets start from above the knee and also have armor plates around to help keep the shape. The upcoming Black Canary PF, the prototype at least, has a much thinner seam, but it helps that the netting is wider and the leg position is much straighter the Harley's.
Ah yes, that makes perfect sense, thank you! ☺

In that case, hopefully P1 can make the seams a little less noticeable. ;)

Surprised it didn't sell out faster being that the EX was an additional Sculpt and not something lame like a print.

Glad I got in on the EX. Definitely a beautiful statue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a conversion, wasn't expecting one so quick... hmmm, still not sure if I'd be okay without the EX head or not, with the new Arkham Harley HT that was just revealed, I was going to put both figures with this giant on display as a Harley shrine, but that HT head sculpt is killing it and unless the angles of the photos are bad, just still not seeing Margot... I asked a friend as well and they say the HT looks more accurate to her... hate having to make a decision like this, and Sideshow only gave today to cancel or keep. There's a good chance of quick conversions for the next few months like Deathrstroke, no need to make a definite decision today? Or should I hang onto this because it might not convert again later down the road? :huh
:dunno

I'd say hang on to it, but that's just me. Ultimately the choice comes down to what you want do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back