Statue Prime 1 Studio: Suicide Squad - 1/3 Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said the hell with it and PO'd! Just love Harley Quinn! Also used $115 in RP to lower the cost a bit. A win in my book! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really worried, I wanted her at first but now I'm not so sure because the likeliness seems a little off to me... maybe she won't sell out so quick? I'm wondering if Prime 1 makes little adjustments or not.
There was a very big discussion about this piece in the Prime 1 group on Facebook and it was stated, by Kelvin, that the face sculpts are not likely to change. I feel that they do need some tweaking; maybe if sales are slow they may make some minor adjustments. If not, the rest of it looks pretty great. I'm thinking that Prime 1 is going to do what they have to in order to make this the best it can be...at least that is what I'm hoping.

There was a very big discussion about this piece in the Prime 1 group on Facebook and it was stated, by Kelvin, that the face sculpts are not likely to change. I feel that they do need some tweaking; maybe if sales are slow they may make some minor adjustments. If not, the rest of it looks pretty great. I'm thinking that Prime 1 is going to do what they have to in order to make this the best it can be...at least that is what I'm hoping.

link to that discussion?

What kills this line for me is you can't get Bats, WW or Supes in 1/3 only 1/2 scale... IMO they should of done all of them in 1/3rd scale so you could complete the line. I'm not sure Prime 1 is doing themselves any favors with all this different scales...

Yea that of been nice including ledger joker. 2000$ for one piece just dosnt sit right with me no matter how bad I want it. However after watching the video of this on YouTube I'm leaning more towards an order. I can see a lot more likiness in some of the sculpts in the video. Also hot toys don't give me that wow factor like a statue does.

I don't know if the issue is the sculpts as much as the photography, as certain heads look better from the Tokyo Comic Con videos while looking off from the site photos (all looked stunning when maximizing the photos to see the eyes and mouth detailing at actual size.) I've seen and owned pieces using the translucent resin skin to tell how the showcase lighting causes the sculpt to lose details, making it look waxy and doll-like despite the accuracy of the sculpt. I remember thinking the Ledger 1:2 Joker was off until recent videos proved that should be one of the best-looking Jokers available. That Joker, however, has the cracked face paint effect to bring out the defining facial features, whereas Harley doesn't have that advantage because her skin is colored from the acid bath. Based on people's in-hand reactions to the unmasked Deathstroke head, I imagine we'll have to wait before we get confirmation that the realistic porous effect that isn't captured in the photos and natural lighting bring out the accuracy. I was confident enough to order and I definitely didn't want to miss out on that angry portrait. That's probably the best EX for the value P1 has revealed since Two-Face's grenade launcher.

Yea that of been nice including ledger joker. 2000$ for one piece just dosnt sit right with me no matter how bad I want it. However after watching the video of this on YouTube I'm leaning more towards an order. I can see a lot more likiness in some of the sculpts in the video. Also hot toys don't give me that wow factor like a statue does.

I feel your pain. My only issue with it is actually displaying it. It would need an elevated stand or shelf that can support that kind of weight. From ground-level, he'd just look like a tiny mannequin. Having someone tell you that after seeing your display is one way to feel like you just threw away $2000. "But look at the detail!" you'll say.:rotfl

I don't know if the issue is the sculpts as much as the photography, as certain heads look better from the Tokyo Comic Con videos while looking off from the site photos (all looked stunning when maximizing the photos to see the eyes and mouth detailing at actual size.) I've seen and owned pieces using the translucent resin skin to tell how the showcase lighting causes the sculpt to lose details, making it look waxy and doll-like despite the accuracy of the sculpt. I remember thinking the Ledger 1:2 Joker was off until recent videos proved that should be one of the best-looking Jokers available. That Joker, however, has the cracked face paint effect to bring out the defining facial features, whereas Harley doesn't have that advantage because her skin is colored from the acid bath. Based on people's in-hand reactions to the unmasked Deathstroke head, I imagine we'll have to wait before we get confirmation that the realistic porous effect that isn't captured in the photos and natural lighting bring out the accuracy. I was confident enough to order and I definitely didn't want to miss out on that angry portrait. That's probably the best EX for the value P1 has revealed since Two-Face's grenade launcher.

I have issues with the face sculpts but I preordered as soon as I saw that it became available so I'm really hoping that you are right about the photography.

Someone also mentioned that the fishnet stockings that she wore in the movie did not have that thick black line down the back of them. I will be watching the movie again sometime this week to see. 😉

Three of the sculpts look really really good- only the "neutral" looks off. This is based looking at the show video.

I have issues with the face sculpts but I preordered as soon as I saw that it became available so I'm really hoping that you are right about the photography.

Someone also mentioned that the fishnet stockings that she wore in the movie did not have that thick black line down the back of them. I will be watching the movie again sometime this week to see. ��

Yeah, they definitely didn't. I have no idea what goes into engineering fishnets, but the seams have been unavoidable for every statue I've seen to-date. While I was hoping it was a possibility at this larger scale, but I'm thinking in order to hide it, they'd have to cast the legs separately and fasten it at the top where it would be under her shorts. That could be even more of an issue for a heavier piece than the smaller Cover Girls and Bishoujo statues we're used to seeing fishnets on.

Someone also mentioned that the fishnet stockings that she wore in the movie did not have that thick black line down the back of them. I will be watching the movie again sometime this week to see. [emoji6]

I checked some photos online and her fishnets do not have the thick black line in the back

I checked some photos online and her fishnets do not have the thick black line in the back

The Real Suicide Squad Costumes were on display at Comic Con. Harley's outfit did not have that Black Stripe.

Attachments

• 20161007_140658.jpg
    20161007_140658.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 153
  • 20161007_140648.jpg
    20161007_140648.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 20161007_140632.jpg
    20161007_140632.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 20161007_140613.jpg
    20161007_140613.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 20161007_140601.jpg
    20161007_140601.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 20161007_140546.jpg
    20161007_140546.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20161007_140539.jpg
    20161007_140539.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 158
Had to order. Amazing sculpt and the laughing face and gum face look great to me. To bad the movie licked B hole.

Back