Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope not the leg. just want the body part fixed first and foremost.

Well I received the replacement body. Good news is that everything is there this time.

Bad news is the chrome part around the headlights (the LED's), on one of the chrome parts appears to have been touched up with metallic silver paint, as well as the part that the headlights mounts to (if someone could confirm this part a im not sure if its been painted or not. Mine seems to have fingerprints on it). Oh and during the touchup they seemed to have dropped a small dab of silver paint onto the blue waist piece below. ive circled all these in red.

Popculcha say that this is from a sealed box, so it came like that from the factory. Anyone else have touched up chrome parts on theirs?

Finally the right mirror seems to have chrome flaked off of it. It's not really flaked as there's no distinct change in surface level, but it's definitely not the way it should be. Yes i have a spare mirror but i'm not about to go breaking parts off and gluing them back on.

View attachment 278996

View attachment 278997

First off mate i feel bad for you. Whats going on with your statues is unacceptable. Having said all of that i really think these are just minor problems that your statue have rightnow. No statue is perfect. I own this as well and there are imperfections. But when i look at it i still cant keep my eyes off it. People appreciate statue as a whole and not their individual parts. People will look at statues from afar and not look at it with a magnifying glass. So don't worry about it bro. I think in the end when you look at this statue its still looks very stellar. I'm not trying to offend you or anything since these statues cost a lot of money but if you keep scrutinizing little faults in your statue then you will never settle down and be satisfied because like i said theres no perfect statue. Even if you send it back and get a new replacement if your gonna look at it closely there will still be flaws in it.

Nope not the leg. just want the body part fixed first and foremost.

Well I received the replacement body. Good news is that everything is there this time.

Bad news is the chrome part around the headlights (the LED's), on one of the chrome parts appears to have been touched up with metallic silver paint, as well as the part that the headlights mounts to (if someone could confirm this part a im not sure if its been painted or not. Mine seems to have fingerprints on it). Oh and during the touchup they seemed to have dropped a small dab of silver paint onto the blue waist piece below. ive circled all these in red.

Popculcha say that this is from a sealed box, so it came like that from the factory. Anyone else have touched up chrome parts on theirs?

Finally the right mirror seems to have chrome flaked off of it. It's not really flaked as there's no distinct change in surface level, but it's definitely not the way it should be. Yes i have a spare mirror but i'm not about to go breaking parts off and gluing them back on.

View attachment 278996

View attachment 278997

Don't worry, thinking that as battle damage makes you relieved. Prime in the movie is full of dirt and scratch on the body. See the weather I added to my Prime.

^^no offense taken at all mate, and you are absolutely right. this is my first statue ive ever bought so I dont have any experience as far as expectations are concerned. The imperfections are small as a whole and not noticeable to the casual viewer. I am now happy with it even with the above stated flaws, but I wasn't happy with it originally with the missing blue shoulder part completely so at least that is now corrected.

Now to find bumblebee!

First off mate i feel bad for you. Whats going on with your statues is unacceptable. Having said all of that i really think these are just minor problems that your statue have rightnow. No statue is perfect. I own this as well and there are imperfections. But when i look at it i still cant keep my eyes off it. People appreciate statue as a whole and not their individual parts. People will look at statues from afar and not look at it with a magnifying glass. So don't worry about it bro. I think in the end when you look at this statue its still looks very stellar. I'm not trying to offend you or anything since these statues cost a lot of money but if you keep scrutinizing little faults in your statue then you will never settle down and be satisfied because like i said theres no perfect statue. Even if you send it back and get a new replacement if your gonna look at it closely there will still be flaws in it.

Best advice I've ever read on this forum. I'm saving this so when I start nit picking my statues I can refer back. I always find faults in my pieces and it's made me pass up or send back some truly stellar pieces due to this. This is great advice for myself and a lot of collectors, thank you for reminding me.

Basically all my statues are not perfect. And I was lucky to get 3 that were! But I still kept them. Especially the Wolf Predator. Sideshow gave me $200 for a broken canon which also got replaced. So no big deal.

Well my Optimi are on cinder blocks painted black
bc599237cb8db8932526d46a85ca685f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to get this without the base. I have been on the hunt for this for a long time. Think there is any chance of me finding a base for sale?

I might be able to get this without the base. I have been on the hunt for this for a long time. Think there is any chance of me finding a base for sale?

You will never find a OG base for sale, although you could purchase a custom base.

Does he stand firmly without the base?

Some of the statue can stand without the base and some could not. The bottom of the toes have something like rubber tape/pad that can be removed and put back. So you can move those tape around to balance the statue. Someone told me that we can purchase this type of tape as well.

Some of the statue can stand without the base and some could not. The bottom of the toes have something like rubber tape/pad that can be removed and put back. So you can move those tape around to balance the statue. Someone told me that we can purchase this type of tape as well.

I have 2 Prime 1 versions of Optimus ... they have weight ... do at your own risk... not really designed to stand without the base

Finally added this guy to my collection and words cannot describe how pleased I am! Amazing piece for sure!

0e903b7f61bd535a62b97185d5f410fe.jpg

7c5d3de9ff0ff3433bdacea385f2858e.jpg

c534f127caaa62be5acd394f0c4d9986.jpg

0c029aacd49ac97329897d78d78ee673.jpg

Back