Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. I just reserved mine and overall he is amassing. Unfortunately I have one or two small issues.

Can I ask if any one else's knee attachments are very loose or not fitting correctly ?
Also I'm missing a piece on his shoulder fitting . There are supposed to be 3 gold pieces but on mine there is only 2. The missing piece is not in the box so I assume it came off in the factory or is this common for this piece?

image.jpg

Hi all. I just reserved mine and overall he is amassing. Unfortunately I have one or two small issues.

Can I ask if any one else's knee attachments are very loose or not fitting correctly ?
Also I'm missing a piece on his shoulder fitting . There are supposed to be 3 gold pieces but on mine there is only 2. The missing piece is not in the box so I assume it came off in the factory or is this common for this piece?

View attachment 184647
congrats, I forget all about those too, but these gold pieces are in the round hole with the main body and legs.
My right knee cap is very loose too, the hole is little bigger than the peg and the magnet doesn't feel that strong.
My statue has some minor problems too( the left leg toes seem uneven and high above the base, but looking at everyone's pics, its not that bad).
Overall so massive, detailed, so much presence, couldn't decide which weapons to display ,but decided with the canon. Now I need to make special pedestal. Just an awesome statue, imho, this is the only prime for me.

Battle damage may not be necessary but adding more weathering effect surely make him more lifelike. I am currently doing this job. What is your idea of adding something on him?

Oh ok that sounds good please post pics of him when ur done..
I was thinking of new tires that are thin and will fit over the ones he has so I can play with them add some mud etc.. So I can remove it when I want to, maybe a the pair from a remote control car just have find in person... Also if I can find a red car I will brake down pieces off and see what I can place in him...

View attachment 184647

Congratulations on getting him... He is a masterpiece
Mine came a little beat up nothing big but still u no..
His left food had a toe that broke off.. So I glud it back on.. His gun has two broken parts to it as well I glued them back together but I did contact sideshow and I talks of a credit.. Other then that he came out 100%

I've received mine yesterday but afraid of opening it and seeing broken parts!

Thanks for the response. Yea he is a masterpiece. You breaks look clean Jofiguer, thankfully and I'm glad you can easily fix it. :)

Yeah I glued everything pretty well and was giving 200 credit from SS so that worked out fine...
What will you do with urs ???

Thanks for the response. Yea he is a masterpiece. You breaks look clean Jofiguer, thankfully and I'm glad you can easily fix it. :)

Idk if u have to EX but if u don't and the item u have now is banged up return it and ask for the EX....

Is anyone looking into getting the OP battle damage bust to place that head on the body???

View attachment 184647

Is it the stick/piston you meant? yeah there should be totally three at each shoulder, two at each shoulder near the arm pit are already glued by factory. You should receive another two pieces in the box for you to install yourself at each shoulder. If you do not receive it, contact SS or P1S.

He is talking about the gold pieces on the silver (oil) drums on each shoulder. His is missing one of the three.

I'd contact Sideshow and get some credit, then sculpt the missing piece with apoxi-sculpt. Gold paint and be done with it. I don't think it will be worth the hassle of getting a replacement.

Oh ok that sounds good please post pics of him when ur done..
I was thinking of new tires that are thin and will fit over the ones he has so I can play with them add some mud etc.. So I can remove it when I want to, maybe a the pair from a remote control car just have find in person... Also if I can find a red car I will brake down pieces off and see what I can place in him...
I see, but the tires on Prime have special shape and design. No other tire of other model kit or toy truck have such tire for you to choose for replacement.
Btw, regarding tire, I did have modification of my Prime which is shortened the length between tire and thigh.

Yeah I glued everything pretty well and was giving 200 credit from SS so that worked out fine...
What will you do with urs ???
Did they also offer a full refund if you send it back? Thought of ordering the Age of Ultron version but was wondering how SS was handling damages on these.

Did they also offer a full refund if you send it back? Thought of ordering the Age of Ultron version but was wondering how SS was handling damages on these.

Yeah a full refund was offered.. But it was weird they said they didn't have anyone extra pieces for him...
I think this maybe because the EX was sent out 2 months after the regular one, I think they used up all the extra parts they had 2 months ago...

It's about $3600 Canadian dollars for me to get this...and I still want it, but I just can't justify that cost...especially considering we were at par with the US when I placed the damn order! If only I used flex...

Back