Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line, this is the best Optimus prime statue ever so far and I cannot see anyone topping this level of detail for many years to come. Sideshow ones were crap and Calibre is better quality than Sideshow but nothing compares to Prime 1 detail. Glad I was able to get exclusive version and Megatron regular version. Don't care about edition size, I wanted it because it is the best Optimus and Megatron statues out there period.

Well that's the thing, the Prime1 version has pretty much the full detail of the CGI files from the films, there isn't any more detail to add.

I mean compare the SS and Prime1 backs, you can see the extra detail:

(mind you, it is twice the price, still if you are after the definitive edition, well then it's it.)

Sideshow Maquette
400032_press07-001.jpg

Prime1 Maquette
optimus-prime-statue-by-prime-1-studio6.jpg

next level's post dated 29 jan 2013 on the calibre optimus forums. I for one was just about to buy calibre till I read this. :) definitely got a few ppl's interest at the time!!

Hey guys

so many questions about the piece !! You guys are very big fan of Optimus prime!

I cant say so much about the piece the thing i know this piece will be very limited due the complexity.

one thing i saw was very cool with the axe come with the rip off head of.................

will be reveal during spring or summer
just be patience the wait will worth it

Bottom line, this is the best Optimus prime statue ever so far and I cannot see anyone topping this level of detail for many years to come. Sideshow ones were crap and Calibre is better quality than Sideshow but nothing compares to Prime 1 detail. Glad I was able to get exclusive version and Megatron regular version. Don't care about edition size, I wanted it because it is the best Optimus and Megatron statues out there period.

I wouldn't go to the extend of calling SSC version as crap. It is unique by its own, dynamic pose and for that scale and price....they nailed it! Not to mention the weight of it.

Prime1Studio version is on a different level altogether. You can't compare an apple with a cherry apple! This needs a pedestal display and not your usual vetrina!

I wouldn't go to the extend of calling SSC version as crap. It is unique by its own, dynamic pose and for that scale and price....they nailed it! Not to mention the weight of it.

Prime1Studio version is on a different level altogether. You can't compare an apple with a cherry apple! This needs a pedestal display and not your usual vetrina!

Good post. There is no way the sideshow version is crap. It's not as good as this statue but it's still a great looking statue to own.

Good post. There is no way the sideshow version is crap. It's not as good as this statue but it's still a great looking statue to own.

Totally agree. Just because one release is better than the previous doesn't make it 'crap'. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but to say to refer as SS crap and Calibre 'better' when there are a lot of flaws on the statue is a rather harsh and blunt comment.

If the SS is crap the EX wouldn't be selling like $2-$3k on ebay at the time lol. There will always be new and better products to come. Technology changes as well as the final quality.

I'm kinda hoping they give us a little breathing room before releasing starscream, with this guy and megatron my wallets hurting a little!

End of 2014 for Bee or Scream for pre-order will hurt my wallet badly lol. Summer next year I can live with the PO.

The SS one ain't crap, it's quite good, but obviously Prime1 is on another level, but then so is the price.

Interesting that nextlevel in the other thread noted that the pricing is determined at the time of the licence negotiations, so was probably locked in ages ago.

Totally agree. Just because one release is better than the previous doesn't make it 'crap'. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but to say to refer as SS crap and Calibre 'better' when there are a lot of flaws on the statue is a rather harsh and blunt comment.

If the SS is crap the EX wouldn't be selling like $2-$3k on ebay at the time lol. There will always be new and better products to come. Technology changes as well as the final quality.

Exactly, newer statues will almost always be better than previous version... They tweak and improve on it, that's normal... Happens with cars, and almost all other things as well. I sure appreciate and was wow by SS Prime when that came out years back.

The SS one ain't crap, it's quite good, but obviously Prime1 is on another level, but then so is the price.

Interesting that nextlevel in the other thread noted that the pricing is determined at the time of the licence negotiations, so was probably locked in ages ago.

yea i knew the founder at the time, last time a met was last year at the wonderfest.. i think the megatron head was cut off from accessory list such a shame
maybe in future they will release as separate piece. as for the price is wasnt determined but i guess they already know how much it will cost.

Well I think an axe/Meg's head would be quite a complex and delicate piece to do, so I could see them skipping it.

I think they got the EX mixed up a bit, Megs should of had the Shot gun and Prime should of had the Matrix.

Others mentioned about the Jet Pack but that looks too complicated to add on and off, and would no doubt increase the price to over $2.5k-$2.7k.

Either way both are quality.

little upset i hummed and hawed over the price the day it opened, then when i went to buy it was sold out....so....after reading all the reviews and commentary here, I guess the regular version isn't as bad as I perceived it to be since I lost out on the EX, so I bit the bullet and purchased it today.

thanks guys!

we used to say who would pay 2K for a statue, now we have to say, who would pay2.3L for a statue, this hobby will weed out the average joe for sure

Back