Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

The EX Brute Shotgun belong to Megatron after he got decapitate Optimus use it to kill Sentinel

Thanks buddy :hi5: think I remember now although have to watch the trilogy again for sure to freshen things up in my head before we get to see the new movie later this year :lecture

Thanks jay...it was like watching it for the first time...I've completely no memory of that scene :( so basically, if it wasn't for Megatron intervening then Sentinel would have killed off Prime :horror

Well Sentinel is no joke. See what Megatron gets for helping Prime. :lol

The shotgun is the one he uses in DOTM to take out Sentinel (rather out of character I thought for Prime actually), but anyway, no biggie.

I was out last night, but then I looked at some hi-res pics today and compared them to the actual Prime CG model from the film and they really nail all the details with this piece, unlike the SS or Calibre peice there is no simplification of details here, it really is the proper movie prime.

So jeez Louise it's tempting me again.

I guess the area of biggest concern is the paint, Megs proto looked a tad better than the production pieces, not a massive difference, but a touch better paint, I wonder how they will paint Optimus, the flames and all really need a machine to do it, that would be a hard ask to paint by hand. At that sort of price it needs to look very close to the proto.

The other thing is, I wonder how much is plastic, like I read Meg's head was PVC, which I was a little surprised to hear.

So yeah, I'm leaning towards being in still, it's just the definitive Prime and will be a showpiece of any collection. Maybe I'll just cancel some of my other orders, or all of them:p

The shotgun is the one he uses in DOTM to take out Sentinel (rather out of character I thought for Prime actually), but anyway, no biggie.

Yeah Sentinel is begging for his life and Prime just offs him? Only in a bay film. :lol

I wonder how they will paint Optimus, the flames and all really need a machine to do it, that would be a hard ask to paint by hand.

They'll be transfers like Sideshows i bet.

:lol Mega Striker it is my friend!!!

which reminds me...I must make it a mission of mine to re-watch these movies from the beginning again. I cant for the life of me remember much of what happened...especially the DSOM :(

As much as I love Prime and enjoyed the first film, I actually thought 2 was an abomination and 3, whilst better, wasn't up to the standards of the first, I really hope 4 fixes the franchise, hopefully it will by ditching Shia and co.

So jeez Louise it's tempting me again.

So yeah, I'm leaning towards being in still, it's just the definitive Prime and will be a showpiece of any collection. Maybe I'll just cancel some of my other orders, or all of them:p

That temptation will never go away my friend! :lecture I think most of us feel the same way...will I be cancelling my other PO's? Hell no! Will I be taking Jays advise to sell my body for extra funds? You Betcha!!!! :rock2 :lol

As much as I love Prime and enjoyed the first film, I actually thought 2 was an abomination and 3, whilst better, wasn't up to the standards of the first, I really hope 4 fixes the franchise, hopefully it will be ditching Shia and co.

I agree about the films. I think this new one will be better for having no Shia and Fox. The new girl should be great! She was fine in Bates Motel. I'm a big fan of Mark Wahlberg so that's a plus already.

The other thing is, I wonder how much is plastic, like I read Meg's head was PVC, which I was a little surprised to hear.

Actually Megatron head is made out of Resin not PVC

Lol, I know, I look at the price, then I look at the pictures:

gf3pacino566563.gif

:lol

Like the Sopranos

Love this scene speaking of the show.

:rotfl

Ok thanks, man lot of dodgy info on Statue Forum in that case then.

Japanese customer actually prefer resin than Polystone
i think prime1 decided to use some parts for it.

I agree about the films. I think this new one will be better for having no Shia and Fox. The new girl should be great! She was fine in Bates Motel. I'm a big fan of Mark Wahlberg so that's a plus already.

Well fingers crossed, ultimately it just needs a good script, which the previous two lacked, in other words an actual story worth telling so people have some emotional stake in the outcome. No Shia is a massive plus, frankly no-any of the old cast is a massive plus. They need to get the tone right (less wacky ****) and slow it down a bit, throwing everything they have at the screen gets tiring.

It's refreshing though that they are going with new characters, I just hope Bay doesn't get carried away again, action for action's sake is dull, it needs to be grounded in something the audience can relate to. You know, Prime is a noble character, I want more of that.

Good post and i agree bud.

Back