Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

Well I'm in the UK as well and if it's 3000 USD then if you add shipping and VAT the price becomes truly insane, sorry but no way hose, I could buy a car or like 10 regular Premium Format figures for that.

Plus Megs is 2k and this is an equivalent size and level of detail, bit smaller cos Prime is smaller, so no reason to charge more. If I were Prime1 I would consider that Megs ain't sold out yet and there's probably good demand for prime in the 2K range, people are used to 2K, but the crowd will really thin if they go over.

Entirely agree

Like you Rock83, I will be incurring the same shipping costs and custom fees as I live in the UK...but having been in this hobby for just over 2 years I can honestly say that I'm used to it by now...its the price us European collectors have to pay unfortunately :( however, in some cases, ordering this locally would infact cost you more than what it would be ordering direct from Sideshow....so it could be worse :)

Yeah i know.Besides the same shipping cost and custom fees,they have to make a profit too.
I am currently selling a large part of my collection so im prepared for whatever this thing will cost.

I assumed you were italian judging by your username :)

Ive seen a lot of 2k pieces, this one ain't worth more than 2k. Easy pass if it is more.

I'm sure a lot of collectors will have a cut off point on this Prime to what they are able to afford...mine would be around the $3K mark (which I don't think it will ever be....and if it is then i'll eat my shorts!) :lecture :lol I'm still holding out for the same $2k as what Megatron was so fingers crossed. Unfortunately, I'll be selling my Doom PF in order to reach my target of what I need to finance Prime...unfortunately for me, that's what its come down to in order to stay in this hobby :(

I think you have a good point Roberto, the price of statues seem to push its limit and there is a limit for my wallet too for sure... What also concerns me, is the fact that it is easier to sell at PF $350 when I need space, whereas selling a $2-2.500 Prime will definitely be way harder. Price of this hobby I suppose.

Ive seen a lot of 2k pieces, this one ain't worth more than 2k. Easy pass if it is more.

Depends how much more. I've been in these forums long enough to see how it all unfolds. If he's $2300 and a bunch of people pass next minute they are on Ebay because "There's no way this will sell out" and they end up back on the forum with a quote like -

"Managed to snag Prime for $2700 , so happy, what a steal!"

I know, I've done it myself. From now on I'm ignoring all prices and concentrating on how badly I want it.

Depends how much more. I've been in these forums long enough to see how it all unfolds. If he's $2300 and a bunch of people pass next minute they are on Ebay because "There's no way this will sell out" and they end up back on the forum with a quote like -

"Managed to snag Prime for $2700 , so happy, what a steal!"

I know, I've done it myself. From now on I'm ignoring all prices and concentrating on how badly I want it.

Quoted for truth brother! That's exactly what happens with all of these high end pieces its seems here on the forum. Last year, everybody it seems was lambasting the LSF Wolf Predator. Then the piece came out and Sideshow only did one production run and BAM!!! People who were too quick to judge fell in love with it and started to buy up the piece left and right well over retail. Yeah, with this hobby its all about how much you want it because if you don't get it, you are definitely going to kick yourself in the *** later after it disappears from retail!

Just wait and see what price it is. I've heard all this crap that a dealer has said it's going to be close to $1000 blah blah blah a million times on forums like this. They never get it right so let's not panic eh? :lo

I think you have a good point Roberto, the price of statues seem to push its limit and there is a limit for my wallet too for sure... What also concerns me, is the fact that it is easier to sell at PF $350 when I need space, whereas selling a $2-2.500 Prime will definitely be way harder. Price of this hobby I suppose.

As people are beginning to find out when selling trying to offload their Sideshow Optimus Prime Maquette :exactly: what was once a very desired piece has I think lost some of its value and appeal due to the release of Prime 1's version....which is understandable when you compare the two together.

Yeah i know.Besides the same shipping cost and custom fees,they have to make a profit too.
I am currently selling a large part of my collection so im prepared for whatever this thing will cost.

I assumed you were italian judging by your username :)

Hey Rock, yea...I think we are not alone in those having to sell up parts of our collection to help continue in this incredible hobby. Unfortunately, not only do we sell to help raise funds for new pieces but also to free up space...I know in my case in the past 6 months that I've had more coming in than whats been going out and my room is slowly turning into a warehouse! :lol

and Yes I am Italian my friend :wink1: my username is indeed dedicated to one of my all time football legends :)

Just wait and see what price it is. I've heard all this crap that a dealer has said it's going to be close to $1000 blah blah blah a million times on forums like this. They never get it right so let's not panic eh? :lo

I think that's probably a good point, let's wait and see, I actually still think it will be the same price.

Pretty sure they won't be got a pretty reputable seller in Australia that will be selling it for over 2k once pre-orders will be up and he is usually very reasonable on pricing

I actually still think it will be the same price.

I agree. Yeah it has more weapons but it's also a bit smaller. They might just come in at the $2k price again. I'm pretty sure they won't try to grab an extra $1000 on this statue. It's always like this when a new statue comes out. Everyone guessing the price and freaking each other out. Pretty funny really. :lol

and Yes I am Italian my friend :wink1: my username is indeed dedicated to one of my all time football legends :)

I assumed it was.One of my all time favourite players as well.

I agree. Yeah it has more weapons but it's also a bit smaller. They might just come in at the $2k price again. I'm pretty sure they won't try to grab an extra $1000 on this statue. It's always like this when a new statue comes out. Everyone guessing the price and freaking each other out. Pretty funny really. :lol

I have to agree, I think this will be priced very close to what Megatron costs. I can't see Prime 1 going the gouge on customers on only their second release.

They will probably follow the sideshow business plan and wait a couple of years before the crazy, unjustified price hikes! :chase

:lol :lecture @ They will probably follow the sideshow business plan and wait a couple of years before the crazy, unjustified price hikes!

AUTOBOTS, shut up and bring the money :lol:wink1:

preview_OptimusStatue.jpg

Coming Soon to Sideshow Collectibles

Prime 1 Studio Optimus Prime Statue Preview
“More than meets the eye!”
Following up their last release, Megatron, the Optimus Prime Statue from Prime 1 Studio is the next collectible in their Transformers line. This Transformers: Dark of the Moon will be available for Pre-Order from Sideshow Collectibles in the near future!

Oh my gosh

hands.gif

Yes

Yes!

giphy.gif

Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

AUTOBOTS, shut up and bring the money :lol:wink1:

preview_OptimusStatue.jpg

Coming Soon to Sideshow Collectibles

Prime 1 Studio Optimus Prime Statue Preview
“More than meets the eye!”
Following up their last release, Megatron, the Optimus Prime Statue from Prime 1 Studio is the next collectible in their Transformers line. This Transformers: Dark of the Moon will be available for Pre-Order from Sideshow Collectibles in the near future!

Okay, now that is awesome news!!! :yess:

Just take my money!!!!

Back