Prime 1 studio Justice league Wonder Woman 1/3 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understood. I'm sure there will be other statues. Heck, the Queen/Infinity life size bust of Gal looks incredible (if you are into busts and have the cash).

Yes I think it looks great, but it will be upwards of 3k I reckon! I'd have to see how easy it is to order and what my finances are like when it goes up

I agree with the price estimate on that one. Too pricey for me.

They’re obviously pricey, but imo ‘potentially’ worth it in the long run. I can’t remember how many times I’ve purchased smaller and lower priced items en masse and wish instead that I had bought quality over quantity. To this day my favourite pieces in my collection are the items which at the time I felt were way too expensive (Prime 1’s Trinity 1/2 scales and DOTM Optimus). Next in my list are mostly the Arkham 1/3 scales I have, with a couple of Sideshow 1/4 scales. And to prove that it’s not always about size, I’m currently boxing up my Sideshow life size busts as they simply can’t compare in quality anymore.

My point being (imo) that 1 perfect piece, may be of more value to a collection, than an entire run of lower priced pieces.

They’re obviously pricey, but imo ‘potentially’ worth it in the long run. I can’t remember how many times I’ve purchased smaller and lower priced items en masse and wish instead that I had bought quality over quantity. To this day my favourite pieces in my collection are the items which at the time I felt were way too expensive (Prime 1’s Trinity 1/2 scales and DOTM Optimus). Next in my list are mostly the Arkham 1/3 scales I have, with a couple of Sideshow 1/4 scales. And to prove that it’s not always about size, I’m currently boxing up my Sideshow life size busts as they simply can’t compare in quality anymore.

My point being (imo) that 1 perfect piece, may be of more value to a collection, than an entire run of lower priced pieces.

Not a bad strategy.

Which is exactly my collection..... I can’t even follow my own advice :slap

Haha I reckon most of us are guilty of that! Most of my stuff is boxed up at the moment and I can't even bring myself to sell any of it as I know I'll make a loss

Haha I reckon most of us are guilty of that! Most of my stuff is boxed up at the moment and I can't even bring myself to sell any of it as I know I'll make a loss

I’m in the exact same situation for the few things I’m now starting to box up as new preorders start coming in, or plain giving away (as can’t exactly charge family, when they know you’re simply just trying to offload the box responsibility).

In my mind, if you’re not displaying it, you’re taking a 100% loss. Might as well get what you can and put those funds towards the next must-have piece.

In my mind, if you’re not displaying it, you’re taking a 100% loss. Might as well get what you can and put those funds towards the next must-have piece.

Agree. I used to have old G.I. Joe toys boxed up in my basement and I thought to myself, "I'm not even enjoying looking at these, why am I keeping them?" I sold them and made good money I put towards my first XM statue (Daredevil at the time). Now, if it is not displayed, I'm selling it.

Financially, think of it as a sunk cost and anything you can get for it is better than nothing.

That is a great point. ALL of my stuff has been boxed up for a couple years now as I don't have a large house and my kids have displaced my collection:lol I had pretty much quit collecting outside of this piece being on PO. Iron Studios has pulled me back in with their 1/10 IW and EG line as well as the Cap and Thor 1/4 pieces. So I have decided to start selling pieces from my boxed up collection. I have WAY too many that I will never be able to display so it's time to start making difficult decisions and selling stuff to A) open up space and funds and B) fund these new IS pieces I have been purchasing like mad.

Just converted off the waitlist. Joined in April of last year, thought it’d never convert. So happy right now

I’m never cancelling this..... especially given that I’ve got all 6 from this line on preorder, as well as a few other DC movie 1/3 scale pieces.

How can you afford them all, and then some more?!

Here's a list of what I have collected spaning roughly 20 years on my meager wage:
Hot Toys BVS and TA Wonder Woman
Threezero Daenerys w/face repainted and Jon Snow w/Nutz Pizs HS and metal longclaw
2 x Lara Croft Tomb Raiders from the original PS1 games.
AH! My Goddess Belldandy

Not figures:
Highlander The Kurgan Sword
Valyrian Steel Longclaw SS version and scabbard
Handfull of model race cars

That’s it!

How can you afford them all, and then some more?!

Here's a list of what I have collected spaning roughly 20 years on my meager wage:
Hot Toys BVS and TA Wonder Woman
Threezero Daenerys w/face repainted and Jon Snow w/Nutz Pizs HS and metal longclaw
2 x Lara Croft Tomb Raiders from the original PS1 games.
AH! My Goddess Belldandy

Not figures:
Highlander The Kurgan Sword
Valyrian Steel Longclaw SS version and scabbard
Handfull of model race cars

That’s it!

I save, also on a very average salary. Pretty much the exact figure as per the ABS. And living in Sydney isn’t exactly cheap as you know. I made the decision that prior to preordering anything, I must already have the funds more or less available in full. Whether that’s in the discretionary account or in the offset account attached to the home loan. So in situations where I don’t have the money I just don’t order it. But prior to first collecting I had enough to cover a few years worth of collecting, but even with continuous top ups, the last 5 years of collecting has reduced that to a far, far smaller sum. Which is sort of perfect timing as after my remaining preorders I’ll be out of space anyway. These busts would just be the final icing on the cake.

In that time and not including preorders I’ve probably got around 80 pieces across 1/6, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 scale statues, busts, and various replicas. And that’s not including Hot Toys or any 1/10 scale statues, which would be a few dozen more.

But outside of necessities and Collectables, I don’t spend my funds on much else. I don’t go on holidays, I don’t eat out much, and I don’t drink either. Some of my friends spend just as much as I do on family Holidays and the like. It’s just a question of priorities.

I save, also on a very average salary. Pretty much the exact figure as per the ABS. And living in Sydney isn’t exactly cheap as you know. I made the decision that prior to preordering anything, I must already have the funds more or less available in full. Whether that’s in the discretionary account or in the offset account attached to the home loan. So in situations where I don’t have the money I just don’t order it. But prior to first collecting I had enough to cover a few years worth of collecting, but even with continuous top ups, the last 5 years of collecting has reduced that to a far, far smaller sum. Which is sort of perfect timing as after my remaining preorders I’ll be out of space anyway. These busts would just be the final icing on the cake.

In that time and not including preorders I’ve probably got around 80 pieces across 1/6, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 scale statues, busts, and various replicas. And that’s not including Hot Toys or any 1/10 scale statues, which would be a few dozen more.

But outside of necessities and Collectables, I don’t spend my funds on much else. I don’t go on holidays, I don’t eat out much, and I don’t drink either. Some of my friends spend just as much as I do on family Holidays and the like. It’s just a question of priorities.

**** that's me!

Those bloody electricity and Gas bills are, if you pay quarterly and don't have solar, are outrageous! Plus the rates in my home town in NSW are 2nd or 3rd highest in the state! The Fam all contribute to the bills if things get out of hand.

Um, You still thinking of purchasing, if reasonable, the Infinity WW bust?

Back