Prime 1 studio Justice league Wonder Woman 1/3 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, the focal length of the camera can easily change how large features look. The image you are using vs the photos of the statue could be at different distances and focal lenths so it's not a good way to make those comparisons. you would need exact images of Gal and the statue taken in the same situation to match focal length distortion which will never happen. So making that comparison as you just did will ALWAYS be inaccurate. I think they did a pretty slam dunk job on this piece but there will always be discrepancies between a real life person and a statue...no way around that unless you literally use photogrammetry to scan Gal from head to toe in the pose they want.

This statue still looks great to me. Personally, if I was to nitpik about something, it would be the base. With that being said, I still want this.

Yeah, I think the statue looks great all things considered. So much so that this will be my first (and reasonably only) 1:3 I will buy. The bargain is there considering the switch-outs and displaying options. While I can understand collectors' meticulous methods of validating a purchase, I think pieces need to appreciated as an overall piece of art. When we start getting into micro-nitpicking, that's when the hobby stops being fun. I cannot wait to see the production pieces next year.

I also think the only thing I'm not crazy about is the base which I will quickly remedy by buying a velvet burgundy-colored cloth that resembles her cloak and laying it over the base and cutting out holes for her footpads and "WW" logo. Other than that, I hope everyone is as stoked about their purchase as I am with mine.

Cheers!

Basically I agree with everything Sarakawa said about photographic science but these facts would lead us to nothing so as human we rely on our own visual common sense to check some differences:)
M United wants the 1:2 WW checks and the result is good:
ww halfscale hdmmdc-04_02p.jpg
WW1_2 01.jpg
Pretty closed, no problem at all.

Olivier wants clear half pics:
WW 5050 mmjl-05ult_b06.jpg

Thanks for that Fereico that is the old images of the old head sculpt though.

I still prefer the 1:2 looks more real and more like Gadot (horse being #1) it just lacks in expression.

Yeah, I think the statue looks great all things considered. So much so that this will be my first (and reasonably only) 1:3 I will buy. The bargain is there considering the switch-outs and displaying options. While I can understand collectors' meticulous methods of validating a purchase, I think pieces need to appreciated as an overall piece of art. When we start getting into micro-nitpicking, that's when the hobby stops being fun. I cannot wait to see the production pieces next year.

I don't think it is micro nitpicking to point out that the body is not is not in proportion, especially considering the proportions of 1/2 scale looks accurate. So I think federico's comments are warranted, despite if that the method he used to prove this point is reliable or not.

Basically I agree with everything Sarakawa said about photographic science but these facts would lead us to nothing so as human we rely on our own visual common sense to check some differences:)

Agreed.

Thanks for that Fereico that is the old images of the old head sculpt though.

Speaking of the sculpt, it looks pretty accurate in the comparison pics, with the exception of the chin and eyes, everything appears to line up.

good.jpg

I still prefer the 1:2 looks more real and more like Gadot (horse being #1) it just lacks in expression.

If it's just the expression, then someone should do a half and half comparison pic to see if the facial features line up.

I don't think it is micro nitpicking to point out that the body is not is not in proportion, especially considering the proportions of 1/2 scale looks accurate. So I think federico's comments are warranted, despite if that the method he used to prove this point is reliable or not.

Agreed.

Speaking of the sculpt, it looks pretty accurate in the comparison pics, with the exception of the chin and eyes, everything appears to line up.

View attachment 390860

If it's just the expression, then someone should do a half and half comparison pic to see if the facial features line up.

That would be really interesting to see.

M United wants the 1:2 WW checks and the result is good:
View attachment 390822
View attachment 390827
Pretty closed, no problem at all.

Olivier wants clear half pics:
View attachment 390823

I can tell you without a doubt those images of her face split are at different focal lengths. Take a look at this and how it can affect how a face looks and how those proportions can be misconstrued.

different-lenses-focal-length-perspective-spatial-distortion-example-gif-3.gif

Hey sarakawa what do you think of the likeness of this sculpt? Like I have said previously l think it's the second best sculpt after the Horseback one. What do you think?

Thanks. I jumped on a little late so I'm not overly optimistic BUT I know we have a long time until this is due so we'll see.

Oh I jumped on there pretty quickly after it sold out, I am sure it will most likely convert but when it will convert is the question, most likely close to the release date but perhaps sooner as people might not feel the need to have it, if they are buying the 1/2 scale. :dunno

Last edited:
Thanks. I jumped on a little late so I'm not overly optimistic BUT I know we have a long time until this is due so we'll see.
You are from the US - right?

I ordered one locally - Germany, and one at Sideshow. I was on the WL, too but converted maybe two weeks after. In the meantime I ordered locally just in case.
So right know I have both.

IF there is someone out here who wants this statue after the release, you can contact me, I think I can give Sideshow another shipping address for this statue as soon as they are shipping.

And of course only if I get the piece locally, if nothing goes wrong.

You are from the US - right?

I ordered one locally - Germany, and one at Sideshow. I was on the WL, too but converted maybe two weeks after. In the meantime I ordered locally just in case.
So right know I have both.

IF there is someone out here who wants this statue after the release, you can contact me, I think I can give Sideshow another shipping address for this statue as soon as they are shipping.

And of course only if I get the piece locally, if nothing goes wrong.

Yes, in the U.S. It is probably still too early to do anything but keep me in mind for the future. Thanks.

Yes, in the U.S. It is probably still too early to do anything but keep me in mind for the future. Thanks.
Yep, no rush. I will be here. So when they start shipping and I know I will get both, I will leave a reply here so if someone is interested can contact me.

Ridiculous long waiting, yes.
But hey, ordered Suicide Squad Harley last January, and maybe two more months till she arrives :yess:

Back