Prime 1 Studio: Justice League - 1:3 Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks incredible. They also did a nice job of introducing him in the movie!

He was one of the highlights of the movie for me! 1/3 is pretty big though and I don't think I like the character THAT MUCH to get this. A great likeness of Fisher though!

Sometimes I wish Exclusives weren't a thing, because I'll probably be buying this locally (to save anywhere from $265-$330 USD) as this will be another additional headsculpt I'll be missing from this line.

But I'm surprised this is priced at $1,099. A hundred more than the other pieces in this line. Is it due to the light up?

Sometimes I wish Exclusives weren't a thing, because I'll probably be buying this locally (to save anywhere from $265-$330 USD) as this will be another additional headsculpt I'll be missing from this line.

But I'm surprised this is priced at $1,099. A hundred more than the other pieces in this line. Is it due to the light up?

Probably. If anything, I don't recall the masked version being in the film, must not have made the cut.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-cyborg-prime-1-studio-9033031/

Limited Edition: 350
$1,099

SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE

Face Armor portrait
ABOUT THIS STATUE

"Organic and biomechatronic body parts - he's a Cyborg." - Wonder Woman

Sideshow and Prime 1 Studio are proud to present Cyborg from the Justice League film. Victor Stone is a former college athlete and football star. Following a horrible accident, his father was able to save him via the use of a Mother Box that crafted cybernetics onto him. Victor then became known as the superhero Cyborg. He would eventually be recruited by Batman and Wonder Woman to become a member of the Justice League, in order to help defend Earth against the imminent alien invasion of Steppenwolf and his Parademon army.

The Cyborg Statue features:

Size approximately 33.8 inches
LED Light-up function on Head, Plasma Cannons, and Chest
One (1) pair of interchangeable arms normal hands
One (1) pair of interchangeable arms Plasma cannon hand
One (1) alternate exclusive face armor portrait
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS

Expected to Ship
Apr 2019 - Jun 2019
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

Product Size
33.8" H (858.52mm) x 16.89" W (429.01mm) x 15.71" L (399.03mm)*
Dimensional Weight
TBD
Int'l Dim. Weight
TBD
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU

Looks stunning, the likeness to the actor is incredible. Light up features look great to.

I didn't know these pieces were so limited. How do Prime 1 statues hold their value? I have no experience buying statues of any kind at this point, only figures.

Looks stunning, the likeness to the actor is incredible. Light up features look great to.

I didn't know these pieces were so limited. How do Prime 1 statues hold their value? I have no experience buying statues of any kind at this point, only figures.

A few years ago statues from most manufactures kept their value, but just like the Hot Toys figures, the market has become saturated, and as such I wouldn't say many statues appreciate anymore (some XM pieces and the odd greatly desired piece).

I don't think Prime 1 pieces have ever been known to appreciate

Nowadays imo if you buy a piece, don't count on it keeping it's value.

A few years ago statues from most manufactures kept their value, but just like the Hot Toys figures, the market has become saturated, and as such I wouldn't say many statues appreciate anymore (some XM pieces and the odd greatly desired piece).

I don't think Prime 1 pieces have ever been known to appreciate

Nowadays imo if you buy a piece, don't count on it keeping it's value.

Thanks for the info. Not that I'd ever plan to sell a collectable I buy but just good to know these things.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the Cyborg 350 Ex has gone to Waitlist, and the 700 Regular has SOLD OUT on the Sideshow website at least?! Not sure how accurate that last one is though given that they’re shipping right now.

I haven’t checked out the Prime 1 site, but I didn’t know there was much demand for this piece.

(This thread was pretty much dead and buried).

Well I have finally received my Regular from Popcultcha.

I’ll take some photos tomorrow, but my initial impressions are positive. I’ve currently got him displayed with the JL Batman and Training Wonder Woman.

And for anyone who’s curious Cyborg is quite big for a 1/3 scale and as such scales well with Batfleck.

The base is very well done, and I don’t know if I prefer JL Batman’s base or this one. Of course Bats has the the skull face and shield which is very nice, but Cyborgs rock formations are very detailed.

The headsculpt is also well done, with the translucent resin skin very life like and for once I don’t need to worry about misaligned pupils. The light up on the head is very nice, but when switched off the eye that glows red doesn’t look all that well painted on mine (it’s painted brown and you can see the brushstroke, as I assume it had to be thinly applied because of the light up function). But once lit up, it’s a non issue.

The light up on the body and arms stands out quite well. It might not be as good as the prototype but overall I’m more than happy with the effect.

Now regarding the dull silver paint used. I don’t mind it, and I’m not sure if I would’ve preferred a more metallic shine or not.

Honestly Cyborg was my least liked character in the film, not because of how he was portrayed by the actor, but I felt the CG was very poorly done, as each time I saw him it took me out of the film as I felt the CG didn’t mesh with its surroundings. Imo it was worse than Steppenwolf.

I’m of two minds on how the piece is assembled though. When I lifted the assembled body and legs over the base, it felt just for an instant that the legs were coming off just as I pushed the legs into the base. Next time I move it, I’ll see if I can put the legs into the base first, then put the body on.

Like any statue, it has its imperfections. The odd scratch and glue mark (which I’ve gently removed a couple that annoyed me), but given the dull silver finish on the piece, I personally accept it as intentional ‘battle damage’.

Note, mine didn’t come with the needed 2x c batteries, but I was able source mine from my 1/2 scale pieces which used the same type, but initially I found AA batteries worked just fine to test the light up.

Well I have finally received my Regular from Popcultcha.

I’ll take some photos tomorrow, but my initial impressions are positive. I’ve currently got him displayed with the JL Batman and Training Wonder Woman.

And for anyone who’s curious Cyborg is quite big for a 1/3 scale and as such scales well with Batfleck.

The base is very well done, and I don’t know if I prefer JL Batman’s base or this one. Of course Bats has the the skull face and shield which is very nice, but Cyborgs rock formations are very detailed.

The headsculpt is also well done, with the translucent resin skin very life like and for once I don’t need to worry about misaligned pupils. The light up on the head is very nice, but when switched off the eye that glows red doesn’t look all that well painted on mine (it’s painted brown and you can see the brushstroke, as I assume it had to be thinly applied because of the light up function). But once lit up, it’s a non issue.

The light up on the body and arms stands out quite well. It might not be as good as the prototype but overall I’m more than happy with the effect.

Now regarding the dull silver paint used. I don’t mind it, and I’m not sure if I would’ve preferred a more metallic shine or not.

Honestly Cyborg was my least liked character in the film, not because of how he was portrayed by the actor, but I felt the CG was very poorly done, as each time I saw him it took me out of the film as I felt the CG didn’t mesh with its surroundings. Imo it was worse than Steppenwolf.

I’m of two minds on how the piece is assembled though. The instructions say to attach the legs to the body, but it doesn’t say when to attach the body to the base. I can’t be sure but when I lifted the assembled body and legs over the base, it felt just for an instant that the legs were coming off just as I pushed the legs into the base. Next time I move it, I’ll see if I can put the legs into the base first, then put the body on.

Like any statue, it has its imperfections. The odd scratch and glue mark (which I’ve gently removed a couple that annoyed me), but given the dull silver finish on the piece, I personally accept it as intentional ‘battle damage’.

Note, mine didn’t come with the needed 2x c batteries, but I was able source mine from my 1/2 scale pieces which used the same type, but initially I found AA batteries worked just fine to test the light up.

Wow, congratulations for that awesome statue.

Looking forward to see pics.

Unfortunately all the photos I took can’t be uploaded for some reason. I keep on getting error fail messages.

Since the supposed site migration I’ve been having various issues with the site.

EDIT: This is the error I keep on getting “DEA53637-F0BE-4C95-98F5-D8044DE24234.jpeg: Upload of file failed”.

I never previously had issues, and it’s not the only issue this site has been having recently.

C8056A21-529A-473C-A7B2-DAAC2FBD6386.jpg

I had to convert the original image file. I’ll upload the rest when I get home from work.

Back