Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks tired. Where is that glimmer in her eyes and that fierce sexy stare? Each month I would review my thoughts on this piece and I do not regret cancelling. My decision was made easier after reading that Sideshow will refund the NRD if delayed so long.

I admit she doesn't have a fierce stare like she does as Wonder Woman, but she really only looks tired when her head is tilted down. Her facial expression looks rather neutral in these pics here.

27394616_10213756300334820_924719641_n.jpg

27497545_10213756300614827_892837573_n.jpg

It's not too late to cancel. Why accept something that is obviously controversial.Especially for this price point

I think that's because the majority don't think its controversial.

I feel for those trying to complete their trinity, I really do. It just sucks all around.

Personally I think it is good enough for those who want to complete the trinity, but for a stand alone piece, I am not so sure.

I believe we vote with our wallets and we should make a stand. Here and now. No joke. Cancel this lame piece.
Even Gal herself would say WTF looking at it.

I know you hate this piece, and I am not really a fan of it either as I see so many things off about it, but you can't try & persuade people on here not to like it just because you don't, as not everyone thinks the same way. The reasons why large cancellations for pieces happens, is because a vast majority agree the company messed up like using PVC for the Predator Sideshow Bust, people felt they got ripped off. This is not the case here, some are on the fence like me, some hate it, and others think it is amazing or good enough.

Last edited:
I prefer a cheeky or aggressive expression but this sculpt looks so good i can easily put that aside and still be fine with this piece.

Exactly, these are meant to be more neutral museum style poses and expressions. I normally prefer more action style, but it works in this scale.

Finally a high quality professional close up picture of the sculpt from front on, sculpt is looking down a bit though.

27067862_1069979656478673_992900165707402634_n.jpg

Apparently the owner is having trouble with the hair, says it needs a lot of fixing and doesn't know to fix it.

Best likeness ever, no doubt

Best likeness ever, no doubt

That's your opinion and I will admit it looks good there as there is no question that is Gal but I can see some major flaws with it, but I won't list all the things that I think are wrong with it here, and explain in detail why the Horseback one is more accurate as I think it's inappropriate to discuss such things in this thread. It would be different if the product wasn't released and we're only critiquing the proto.

Last edited:
That's your opinion and I will admit it looks good there as there is no question that is Gal but I can see some major flaws with it, but I won't list all the things that I think are wrong with it here, and explain in detail why the Horseback one is more accurate as I think it's inappropriate to discuss such things in this thread. It would be different if the product wasn't released and we're only critiquing the proto.

I just can't stand the stupid sculpted hair in the horseback statue. To me it looks like if she has a plant over his head, and takes a lot of realism for the statue. Maybe the horseback has the eyes 1 micro meter more accurate to Gal, but as a whole, this one has more details (due to scale) and real hair can be great as shown in the picture above it just takes more work to get it right.

I just can't stand the stupid sculpted hair in the horseback statue. To me it looks like if she has a plant over his head, and takes a lot of realism for the statue.

That's true, I am not really a fan of the statue just think the sculpt has the best the likeness.

Maybe the horseback has the eyes 1 micro meter more accurate to Gal, but as a whole, this one has more details (due to scale) and real hair can be great as shown in the picture above it just takes more work to get it right.

Well it's not just the eyes, the face looks more in proportion on the Horseback sculpt. However, l do agree with pretty much everything else you said as a whole this looks like a better piece, regardless which sculpt has the better likeness.

Last edited:
I personally dont see a $1500 difference in face sculpt between WW on Horse and this. I also dont like the real hair on the horse. I'd like to know which movie statues the critics in this thread own.

I personally dont see a $1500 difference in face sculpt between WW on Horse and this. I also dont like the real hair on the horse. I'd like to know which movie statues the critics in this thread own.

Horseback version should be no more than $2500 and then it would be a hard decision between the two. Both hair piece should either have been sculpted or "real", not a mix.

I personally dont see a $1500 difference in face sculpt between WW on Horse and this.

I don't think likeness of a sculpt has anything to do with the value of the item, the reason the Horseback is so expensive is because of the low ES and is a large statue of not only WW but her Horse to.

I also dont like the real hair on the horse. I'd like to know which movie statues the critics in this thread own.

What do you mean by that?

Horseback version should be no more than $2500 and then it would be a hard decision between the two.

There doesn't seem much demand for the Horseback statue, so I am betting it will decrease in price, Sideshow is obviously having a hard time selling it, otherwise LCS wouldn't have been able to order it in.

Both hair piece should either have been sculpted or "real", not a mix.

Agreed.

Last edited:
Horseback version should be no more than $2500 and then it would be a hard decision between the two. Both hair piece should either have been sculpted or "real", not a mix.

Absolutely. If a 1/3 scale figure is around $1k, I just don't see how they priced the horse at $2,600 (making the total statue $3600). If it was around $2,500, I would have seriously thought about it.

Great pics tofmovie, although looks like there is a bit of Len's distortion in some of them as the face looks a bit stretched. I don't get why Prime collectors in Asia can't take high quality pictures. :confused:

Last edited:
Trinity looks amazing. Looks uneven with the bases turned so the statues are facing forward.

Some pics from facebook.

It's interesting how different she looks in these two photos.In the full shot she looks incredible,does not seem to have that just woke up look that she has in the close up photo_Of course that seems to be due partly to the angle of the closer photo.
She really turned out quite nice.

Have to say Prime 1 did a great job on the Dog,it really looks lifelike.:rotfl

Last edited:
Back