Prime 1 Studio Darkseid 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS looks like 1/6 scale next to it.

I decided to cancel my pre-order for Zangief Pop Culture Shock and put the money towards ordering the Darkseid Prime 1 statue. From what info I could gather from watching videos and pictures of this awesome statue, I had to order him. It will be my first Prime 1 piece. What do you think? Made a good decision?

I decided to cancel my pre-order for Zangief Pop Culture Shock and put the money towards ordering the Darkseid Prime 1 statue. From what info I could gather from watching videos and pictures of this awesome statue, I had to order him. It will be my first Prime 1 piece. What do you think? Made a good decision?

Yep. I don't collect villains but if I did, I'd get this guy. He is a beast!

I needed a villain to put alongside my Sideshow Superman OG PF. I think this will accompany him quite well. Do you think the size differential will be ok? I know Darkseid is bigger than Supes.

I needed a villain to put alongside my Sideshow Superman OG PF. I think this will accompany him quite well. Do you think the size differential will be ok? I know Darkseid is bigger than Supes.

Way bigger!

But keep in mind that this is also 1/4 scale. So it's all up to personal tastes.

I wish prime 1 would also make Kirbys Darkseid. Even though i own the SS one after seeing what they have done with the New 52 version i would love to own a Kirby Darkseid made by prime 1.

Amazing looking piece and HUGE! looks bigger than most 1/3 scale statues.

So much better than Thanos, still can't believe WB chose to use Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid in JL.

Nah, I don't think so. Darkseid is not even in his classic costume.

Neither was Thanos on Throne when you get right down to it. Its one of the few Sideshowified pieces that's loved by the masses.

Whereas the New 52 Darkseid is comic accurate.

I was speaking more generally. Thanos is another Marvel rip off of a DC character. Darkseid is more original and iconic. New 52 isn't my favourite overall but I do love this design for Darkseid and the Batman looked better than he has to this point in Rebirth.

I was speaking more generally. Thanos is another Marvel rip off of a DC character. Darkseid is more original and iconic. New 52 isn't my favourite overall but I do love this design for Darkseid and the Batman looked better than he has to this point in Rebirth.

I wouldn’t say Darkseid is more iconic that Thanos anymore

Neither was Thanos on Throne when you get right down to it. Its one of the few Sideshowified pieces that's loved by the masses.

Whereas the New 52 Darkseid is comic accurate.

Basically it is his classic costume ...just that SSC added embellishments to it.

4716232ca4117880d593954194d16a9e.png

Marvel-Comics-Thanos-On-Throne-Maquette-Sideshow-Collectibles-Statue-Pic-7.jpg

Well, I respect your opinion ...even tho I disagree with you.

With regards to both statues. I like the Thanos Maq way more than this New52 Darkseid.

Well, I respect your opinion ...even tho I disagree with you.

With regards to both statues. I like the Thanos Maq way more than this New52 Darkseid.

Fair enough I just think it's pretty obvious they copied Darkseid. Same with stealing Deadpool from Deathstroke and Iron Man is blatantly based on Batman. Billionaire playboy using his wealth and tech to fight crime. They can get away with all of that but DC aren't allowed to call Captain Marvel by his real name. :lol

Fair enough I just think it's pretty obvious they copied Darkseid. Same with stealing Deadpool from Deathstroke and Iron Man is blatantly based on Batman. Billionaire playboy using his wealth and tech to fight crime. They can get away with all of that but DC aren't allowed to call Captain Marvel by his real name. :lol

DC and Marvel are both guilty of copying from each other.

Yes they are all copied. DC is very good and doing things first.

That's how I see it. DC has certainly copied to a limited extent but it's usually their lesser characters. Whereas with Marvel a lot of their bigger characters are straight rip off's.

Annoyingly if we ever see Darkseid in a live action movie the majority of the non comic book reading audience will assume DC copied Thanos. It's already happened with Deadpool/Deathstroke. Copyright laws need to be stronger.

Still think this statue is awesome, makes the Sideshow version look tiny! Sadly too big for my collection but I'd love a 1/6 Darkseid from HT when he finally makes his live action debut in a movie.

That's how I see it. DC has certainly copied to a limited extent but it's usually their lesser characters. Whereas with Marvel a lot of their bigger characters are straight rip off's.

Annoyingly if we ever see Darkseid in a live action movie the majority of the non comic book reading audience will assume DC copied Thanos. It's already happened with Deadpool/Deathstroke. Copyright laws need to be stronger.

Still think this statue is awesome, makes the Sideshow version look tiny! Sadly too big for my collection but I'd love a 1/6 Darkseid from HT when he finally makes his live action debut in a movie.

There is a simple solution to that. The director needs to be proactive like James Wan is for Aquaman. Whenever the crap starts (from the low lifes who have nothing else better to do with their lives want to spin crap) he crushes them.

So when Darkseid eventually comes out in theaters and you get all the morons saying DC copies Marvel etc etc the director needs to come out and say Darkseid appeared in 1970 where as Thanos first appeared in 1973. This is not a football transfer where the club does not have entertain the media for their clicks bad press effects movies and there is people out there who don't know the history and its not their fault who will believe it.

Yep, if there are 100 heroes then DC copied 5 and Marvel copied 95 :)

You guys are dreaming.

DC was bigger than Marvel in the beginning. Not only that, DC would sue any comic company that copied their superheroes ....shutting down many comic companies as a result.

Because of that Marvel had to get creative. They decided on creating characters that were more relatable ...more "human and flawed" compared to DC's characters that were more like gods than human. That's why they created the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, X-Men, etc. None of those were copies of DC characters.

In fact, creating more "human and flawed" superheroes made Marvel a success. It made their superheroes more relatable. And it help Marvel grow to be a direct rival to DC. When DC realized they were losing readers because of that, they followed suit and tried to make their superheroes more relatable too. They copied Marvel ...and if DC didn't do that, they would've lost the fight.

Now ...did Marvel copy DC in some ways? Yes.

But you better believe DC copied Marvel in some ways, too.

Back