Prime 1 Studio - CW Supergirl - Supergirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize full grown men watch a show made for 13 year old girls... :wink1:

Because it's not solely made for 13 year-old girls. It's intended audience is people of all ages and people of all ages watch and enjoy it.

I sometimes forget, though, that many of the members of this forum are incredibly sexist and misogynistic, so it's not that surprising that someone such as yourself would come to that kind of narrow-minded conclusion.

I think its a great show really enjoyable to watch and not have to think so much about plots etc makes it a relaxing watch and fun. And nope i wouldn't order her statue i have to be fussy with what i order one PF statue delivered to Australia is around $180US.

Because it's not solely made for 13 year-old girls. It's intended audience is people of all ages and people of all ages watch and enjoy it.

I sometimes forget, though, that many of the members of this forum are incredibly sexist and misogynistic, so it's not that surprising that someone such as yourself would come to that kind of narrow-minded conclusion.

I doubt that show is for everyone given the ratings, CW might give it another year but the ratings do not look good, it's gone from 13 million viewers to 1.7 million viewers, the holy grail demo audience (18-49) has gone from 3.1 rating to a 0.5 rating and it just keeps dropping....

As far being sexist, well I assume you have no Marvel or DC comic statues, because if you do then your a sexist yourself given how the majority of those statues are sculpted with unrealistic female proportions... The same is true if you read DC/Marvel comics as you are supporting an unrealistic view of woman, especially in the 90's and early 2000's... Although I have a feeling you have a SS Power Girl Statue in that collection of yours :)

It's funny how you can't have any kind of opinion without the politically correct police rushing in to slap labels on you... Just because I think Melissa Benoist has a boyish figure I'm "" incredibly sexist and misogynistic "" :rotfl

I doubt that show is for everyone given the ratings, CW might give it another year but the ratings do not look good, it's gone from 13 million viewers to 1.7 million viewers, the holy grail demo audience (18-49) has gone from 3.1 rating to a 0.5 rating and it just keeps dropping....

As far being sexist, well I assume you have no Marvel or DC comic statues, because if you do then your a sexist yourself given how the majority of those statues are sculpted with unrealistic female proportions... The same is true if you read DC/Marvel comics as you are supporting an unrealistic view of woman, especially in the 90's and early 2000's... Although I have a feeling you have a SS Power Girl Statue in that collection of yours :)

Superheroes largely have unrealistic proportions, for both male and female characters. Centuries old sculptures and paintings have unrealistic proportions giving a sense of the "ideal" body for both male and females. This is nothing new. The fact that you think the mere existence of such unrealistic proportions for fictional characters is comparable to you lashing out at a real live actress playing a character and demeaning her for the sheer fact that she does not meet your high standards is incredibly insensitive and misogynistic. Because clearly, random internet fanboy toy collector is the standard bearer for physical perfection. Please.

It's funny how you can't have any kind of opinion without the politically correct police rushing in to slap labels on you... Just because I think Melissa Benoist has a boyish figure I'm "" incredibly sexist and misogynistic "" :rotfl

Maybe don't say stupid, immature, insensitive crap and people won't call you out on it.

Oh brother. Yeah it's a dumb show but that's not the point of this. Yes I'm a straight guy that sure as hell appreciates some good T&A (time and place) but seeing complaints/talk that a statue of an actress that plays a solid character/role model mainly aimed at kids wont have big enough assets is just weird. Almost like complaining that a kid's dora the explorer figures dont have enough ass on them.

I like and respect Melissa Benoist and I like her character of supergirl despite the show itself. Is she my favorite? No. Do I think someone like Scarlet Johansson is much more attractive? Yes, and its fine for anyone else to think that, or otherwise. It's just weird that that's the very first shot anyone has to take at this statue that hasn't even been revealed yet...that her body/figure isn't good enough for a collectible representation. I mean people have freaking breaking bad dollies/busts/etc around here...i dont think walter white had a godly physique, let alone a nice rack, but I guess that's okay for that character.

Back