Statue Prime 1 studio - Bumblebee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think i may join you Jay...last i heard was that they are planning to build IronHide next :horror for me, i was always going to get Prime (after chasing the Sideshow Maquette version for years!) so i think Bumblebee would make a very cool display companion :exactly:

....but that's where it will have to stop :lol :lol

P.S. Really hope Sideshow release these alternate switchout heads for each of these characters :pray: i really like them as a display piece aswell as using them for their actual purpose

You sure Andy. You know you gonna end up PO every one of these guys hahaha

Yep that's all they make.

The way they are going, SS should have just let Prime1 make Pacific Rim stuff :wink1:

You sure Andy. You know you gonna end up PO every one of these guys hahaha

:lol no way buddy ;) Not picking up Megatron or Starscream...Prime and maybe another Autobot will do me, probably Bumblebee...

Cheers for the ironhide pics Andy. What company is making him then is if it's not prime 1?

:lol actually not sure Ben :dunno Will have to do some more research into it :)

you guys are giving too much credit to Prime. They have what, like one license and put out only a few pieces a year. How could their QC not be great? SS has tons of licenses and prolly put out what a hundred statues or more a year? Then add the thousands upon thousands they make of said statue. Apples to oranges comparison.

Is anyone forcing Sideshow to put out "hundreds" of collectibles a year? They choose to release a higher quantity of low quality products. That is their fault.

This Prime 1 Studio releases less products, but from what I've seen, they make sure the product is near perfect before releasing it. I'd rather wait longer for a quality collectible than have multiple cheap, poorly painted statues.

Is anyone forcing Sideshow to put out "hundreds" of collectibles a year? They choose to release a higher quantity of low quality products. That is their fault.

This Prime 1 Studio releases less products, but from what I've seen, they make sure the product is near perfect before releasing it. I'd rather wait longer for a quality collectible than have multiple cheap, poorly painted statues.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Damn right.

Yes my friend. It is quiet disappointing spending $750 on Pf exc to find out qc issues, and only $25 refund. Now gained having over 10 PO easily per year. Maybe SS needs to slow down, focus on less, but delivered high quality statue. I'm certain collectors will be down with that.

Yes my friend. It is quiet disappointing spending $750 on Pf exc to find out qc issues, and only $25 refund. Now gained having over 10 PO easily per year. Maybe SS needs to slow down, focus on less, but delivered high quality statue. I'm certain collectors will be down with that.

Like the good old days.

I didn't say it was good for the customer, but you guys can't compare the QC of both companies cause I guarantee if Prime were making tons of products and had dozens of licenses, they would have the same QC issues. In the end, SS is making millions, while Prime makes peanuts in comparison. The only ones some of you have to blame is yourselves cause you keep coming back for more Sideshow. Prime can keep making all the Transformers they want, it doesn't really effect anyone else.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue. Seems like you're just trying to defend Sideshow for whatever reason.

All I said was that Prime 1 Studio's collectibles look to be of higher quality than Sideshow's. Is that wrong? No. If they had as many licenses (and workers) as Sideshow would their quality become as bad as Sideshow's? Maybe, maybe not. You can't "guarantee" that. But it's silly to say the sole reason for Sideshow's poor quality is because they have more licenses.

And as for Sideshow making more money, how is that even relevant to what I said? :dunno

you asked "Is anyone forcing Sideshow to put out "hundreds" of collectibles a year?". The answer is yes, profits and making tons of $ is forcing them cause that's just the way it is. It's a business after all. I'm not defending SS, it is pretty simple the more product these collectible companies make, the less QC there will more than likely be. I never said that is the sole reason why their QC has slipped, but it is a huge factor when they make so many items. The point of the whole discussion is that of course Prime can put out higher quality when they hardly release anything.

Back