Statue Prime 1 Studio - Batman Vs Superman-1:2 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J... Despite the haters, Affleck to me embodies the character better than any actor I've seen in live action.

100% ΑGREE. For those of us who love the comic, Afleck was spot on BATMAN, Bale's Batman was very good in terms of cinematic achievement but when it comes down to portraying faithfully Batman, Afleck did the job much better than anyone else

I agree. I was initially a doubter/hater ... Ben proved me wrong! I thought his performance and look were great, and I look forward to more in the future.
I did cancel my SSC 1/4 in favor of this statue.

100% ΑGREE. For those of us who love the comic, Afleck was spot on BATMAN, Bale's Batman was very good in terms of cinematic achievement but when it comes down to portraying faithfully Batman, Afleck did the job much better than anyone else

When it comes to "The Dark Knight Trilogy" I think that the films themselves are better than it's characterization of Batman (He was kind of weak). Affleck has the look, confidence, and never say die attitude of the comic book Batman.

Take Lex Luthor out of the Film and its a good movie. But what an awesome statue. Going to have to put a toilet next to it...holy crap!!!

Man... I am so stuck on this or the 1:2 Armored Batman. What's the consensus between the two if could only have one, or only have room for one? Lol

Man... I am so stuck on this or the 1:2 Armored Batman. What's the consensus between the two if could only have one, or only have room for one? Lol

I'd be torn too. Both seem to have amazing presence. This one has the goofier pose if you're displaying him in a well-lit area, both are equally menacing under low lighting. That said, unless you're just buying the for the size, the 1:6 DC Collectibles armored version perfectly captures the look and detail whereas the regular doesn't hold a candle to this.

I got the armored on PO. To me it is the more impressive piece and a lot more film accurate. Don't get me wrong, the normal suit version is amazing, but there is something a liiiiittle off to me about it. Rnough to make me go for the armored.

Still haven't received my notification :impatient: I'll be contacting SS later today!

And both offerings are wonderful but I went with the regular suit version over the armored for a variety of a reasons: 1.) It's modeled after the best live-action Batman suit to date IMO. Unbelievably comic-book accurate! 2.) Seems like the armored suit was just a one and done thing this particular version of Batman put together to properly battle Superman (and a brief battle it was), whereas the regular suit has probably been his go-to suit for the majority of a 20 year campaign (imagining the history behind the suit/cape's wear is just plain awesome) 3.) It's more recognizable as Batman to the average joe...plus you get Affleck's signature chin that certainly helps with likeness 4.) The regular suit has already appeared in multiple films (BvS & SS) and will probably be in the next solo film...unless he continues to wear the suits from Justice League but those look more tailored to take on other-wordly adversaries (i.e. Parademons), so we'll see!

Congrats to those who purchased either/or. Looks like we'll have them in our collections very soon:yess:

Yeah, the normal suit is the most iconic to go with. I opted for it in the first place. It's not just the Miller influence but on top of that you can trace Jim Lee and David Finch elements all over this interpratation. Batman is overflowing the statue market right now, i've lost count with plethora of version we get. I needed to snatch the ultimate piece instead of squandering money on lesser quality BATMAN products.

I believe Affleck under the guidance of visionary director Snyder brought us the most comic faithful Batman we could ever have. I don't know what the future has in store for the hero but this particular version will be a memorable one. i mean check out the Warehouse sahnesi brutal fight, this is what Batman is all about, no other movie has captured the ferocious nature of the character. Despite Barton's and Nolan's take receiving raving reviews and fans single them out as cinematic masterpieces, none of them has get into the core of the hero.

How do you guys plan on displaying your 1:2 Prime 1 Batfleck? I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to drive to Memphis Ikea for a Besta, or keep him out of a glass case. I wish I could find a cube pedestal to place him on, but I have no idea where you go about finding one. So again, how does everyone else who's getting him plan on showcasing him?

I am setting up a special display case, an acylic case UV-protected which is going to cost me around 270 USD, since it has to be for this huge statue but i consider it mundatory. it's a crime to leave out in the open such an expensive piece!!!!!! ALso,it adds a museum feeling to the overall presentation.

I've been using the same cabinets to protect my busts...something simialr but larger....:
DSC02927_zpsd06003ab.jpg

I am in the process of taking the right measures: H(130 cm)/ W(72 cm)/ L (60 cm)
Any suggestions about the dimensions of the acrylic cabinet are more than welcome!!

13495174_10210038326534037_8918906505549769461_n.jpg

I am setting up a special display case, an acylic case UV-protected which is going to cost me around 270 USD, since it has to be for this huge statue but i consider it mundatory. it's a crime to leave out in the open such an expensive piece!!!!!! ALso,it adds a museum feeling to the overall presentation.

I've been using the same cabinets to protect my busts...something simialr but larger....:
View attachment 317071

I am in the process of taking the right measures: H(130 cm)/ W(72 cm)/ L (60 cm)

Okay that's the kind of answer I'm looking for. How do you go about getting the acrylic case built? Is there place that does this for you locally, or is there a custom builder that ships online? What sort of base are you planning putting the entire piece on?

View attachment 317071

Any suggestions about the dimensions of the acrylic cabinet are more than welcome!!

View attachment 317073

Are they simply acrylic five sided covers or are they hinged with a door?

And how thick are they?

Currently my own Acrylic covers are either 4.5mm or 6mm thick for my larger 1/4 statues and they weigh quite a bit, especially when I have to lift them over the statues.

Can't imagine doing the same for a full 1/2 scale statue.

Still haven't received my notification :impatient: I'll be contacting SS later today!

And both offerings are wonderful but I went with the regular suit version over the armored for a variety of a reasons: 1.) It's modeled after the best live-action Batman suit to date IMO. Unbelievably comic-book accurate! 2.) Seems like the armored suit was just a one and done thing this particular version of Batman put together to properly battle Superman (and a brief battle it was), whereas the regular suit has probably been his go-to suit for the majority of a 20 year campaign (imagining the history behind the suit/cape's wear is just plain awesome) 3.) It's more recognizable as Batman to the average joe...plus you get Affleck's signature chin that certainly helps with likeness 4.) The regular suit has already appeared in multiple films (BvS & SS) and will probably be in the next solo film...unless he continues to wear the suits from Justice League but those look more tailored to take on other-wordly adversaries (i.e. Parademons) so we'll see!

Congrats to those who purchased either/or. Looks like we'll have them in our collections very soon:yess:

According to the making of book of BvS he didn't build the armored suit for Superman, but used it as a riot suit against prison breaks and stuff like that. That's why it already is pretty dinged up when we first see it, with claw marks on the cowl etc.

Still, very valid reasons to go for the normal suit. :)

Guys i am still taking measures and i can't give the specific size of the case box right now, it's very hard to make an acrylic case big enough to fit in this statue. I am in the process of contacting the manufacturer responsible for building this custom case. We are discussing the right way to do it. I am concerned with the front door, since i don't want to leave any open space to let in air and dust. The IKEA DETOLFS,that i've been using for my PF and HT figs unfortunatelly, leave out wide margins all around the front door and dust gets in easily inside, whoever uses them knows what i am saying.

But for the 1/2 Batman featuring the detailed fabric and high-end resin i need to be carefull and built a case blocking anything coming in. It would be a total mess to damage this expensive piece in the future.

I will keep you posted

Back