Statue Prime 1 Studio - Batman Vs Superman-1:2 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still amazes me and I take the time to just gaze at it every so often....

IMG_20180127_093513598.jpg

Apologies for my late reply, my offline life has kept me really busy and don't have the chance to spend as much time in the forum as i want.

Yes,
It is a custom case, build by a company producing museum quality cabinets and they made it for me. Yeah...it did cost me a pretty penny..but the overall aesthetic quality is second to none.

Well, it has been more than 7 months that I purchased the ½ scale BATMAN by P1 and my enthusiasm hasn’t faded away at all! Actually it has become the centerpiece of my collection and stands out as an amazing piece. It isn’t just the immense size but the exquisite detail and the level of craftsmanship that separates it from a “regular” statue. Currently, the market is inundated with Batman merchandise, but doesn’t mean every product is up to par, I am pretty sure this piece will stand the test of time and will be remembered for many decades to come. I decided to take a new round of shots under a wide variety of lighting conditions. The statue is so well made that adjusts perfectly to different lighting and matches the color of the environment around it. The accurate detailed fabric costume and high-quality translucent resin that creates a lifelike skin effect, give off an amazing presence. From top to bottom it feels like you have Batman in your house and judging from personal experience, whenever friends come over, they are awestruck by its beauty and charm. I had mentioned before I don’t feel like this is a mere “statue”, occupying a place in my living room but more like a unique piece of art that stands out from every angle. Big Kudos to P1 for delivering such a realistic statue, unlike other pieces in my collection that I tend to get bored after awhile, this one never ceases to amaze me.

Having said that, I recently tried to adjust the cape where the pleats go over the bottom edges of the cowl to give the movie accurate appearance because I had my Batman displayed with the cape positioned not so flattering. But honestly didn’t care much, since the statue looked so overwhelming and nice either way. However, as I have enjoyed watching images of other fans of how they put on the cape my only gripe to P1, is that they should have been more meticulous in producing the cape. It was a pain the rear to install it properly, so that it hangs evenly on both sides of the shoulders. Despite taking me awhile to carefully adjust it, I believe the outcome pays off and finally looks a lot like the movie. Rest assured, will exhibit it that way inside the museum case avoiding any further fiddling! But, generally speaking I believe even though the cape is produced out of real leather or pleather of great quality, the overall design features some flaws that could have been fixed in the first place and offer an even better Batman statue based on BVS. I am not nitpicking, besides for the most part I displayed the cape in less attractive way and didn’t mind a lot. But after going over videos and images of other fellow collectors, none has captured 100% the movie appearance, me included of course, due to the initial design errors.

Here is a new round of pics with some major changes:

BATMAN 1.jpg

BATMAN 2.jpg

BATMAN 3.jpg

BATMAN 14.jpg

20180123_131301 (2).jpg

BATMAN 11.jpg

BATMAN 5.jpg

BATMAN 32.jpg

BATMAN 20.jpg

BATMAN 26.jpg

BATMAN 13.jpg

BATMAN 16.jpg

BATMAN 22.jpg

BATMAN 8.jpg

^7A8D30352E1A3090D9CD3411058E9FC9FB276189E349457A90^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

BATMAN 28.jpg

BATMAN 23.jpg

BATMAN 25.jpg

Attachments

• BATMAN 7.jpg
    BATMAN 7.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 372
  • BATMAN 10.jpg
    BATMAN 10.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 196
BATMAN 33.jpg

BATMAN 17.jpg

BATMAN 34.jpg

BATMAN 20.jpg

BATMAN 31.jpg

BATMAN 24.jpg

BATMAN 27.jpg

BATMAN 21.jpg

BATMAN 12.jpg

Continuation to my previous post, some suggestion that i would very much like to hear your thoughts and possible future projects:
There are some custom capes out there that could literally elevate the statue to another level and take it up a couple of notches. Please let me elaborate a bit and I am open to your suggestions:

1) The BVS cape has inverted scallop edging, resembling rough bat wing at the bottom but P1’s version is just flat with dragging in the mud look.

2) The pleats is the major issue in the P1 cape, that is such a pity for such a phenomenal piece that is so faithful to the screen image . The pleats should be overlapping and folded one on top of the other instead of the layers of leather fabric being held together with black stitches. I noticed some fans have the sewing line very conspicuous, tried to conceal the seam line in mine by tucking it under the sculpted cowl. The best way to make the pleats folding backwards in a movie accurate way is overlap the widespan of the cape around the shoulders area. I am not a tailor and don’t know exactly how this could have been achieved, but after finding this Video online by the Unreal Custom cape for HT 1/6 Batman, I am convinced this could be perfected.

3) The span of the cape is so long it creates way too many ripples at the bottom; the rippling effect looks nice but adds so much redundant weight. It should be much thicker on the upper section and thinner towards the end. That would help cape drape and flow better too

Hey guys anybody having a issue with his hands a little loose in the socket? I'm concerned it might just fall out one day.
Any solution besides glue?

Hey guys anybody having a issue with his hands a little loose in the socket? I'm concerned it might just fall out one day.
Any solution besides glue?

I think it should be more the strength of the magnets that hold them in place as opposed to a tight fit. Do you feel the magnets grab the gauntlets as you put them in?

I think it should be more the strength of the magnets that hold them in place as opposed to a tight fit. Do you feel the magnets grab the gauntlets as you put them in?

I can't feel the magnets at all when I put both gauntlets in.
I don't believe there are magnets in the gauntlets.
But I can totally feel it when I put in my p1 bvs supermans hand.

I can't feel the magnets at all when I put both gauntlets in.
I don't believe there are magnets in the gauntlets.
But I can totally feel it when I put in my p1 bvs supermans hand.

They must be weak, I don't think they would hold without any magnets.

They must be weak, I don't think they would hold without any magnets.

I think i know whats happening. When i first took out my batman i noticed a piece of moving around in the body, I just thought it was some extra piece of polystone.
Now i believe its the magnet thats been moving around in side the statue. I just have to move the magnet back to the hole in that arm!

okay guys it feels like a big piece of magnet floating around in there. It might be magnets from both arms that came off but ended up sticking together DOE!!!!
Any suggestions on a alternative way to hold besides glue?

okay guys it feels like a big piece of magnet floating around in there. It might be magnets from both arms that came off but ended up sticking together DOE!!!!

remove the old pieces and epoxy some new magnets in there.

Been reading on your comments guys, if you have any pertaining pictures to show would help a lot.??

From my experience, the magnets are quite strong and they hold the gauntlets tight to the arms. I do not believe there is any chance the hand will ever fall off. But it is true that the right hand specifically isn't fitting snugly together, at least not so tight as the left one.

But this is hardly an issue since it is common trait in all statues that i have seen and is more part of the design process.

I upload some of the pics in my statue, honestly i don't think it detracts any of the overall aesthetic appeal and it blends nicely with the rest of the right arm like creating a shadowy line:
BATMAN 8.jpg

20180123_144214.jpg

zoom in for detail

I found these pics online indicative of the point you mention above, the right arm is a bit loose but i don't think it creates any aesthetic problem.
However, if you have found a way to insert new magnets, please feel free to share..

IMG_1939.jpg

l;l.jpg

ll.jpg

... I don't think they would hold without any magnets.
I would've thought this too. Particularly if the fit is loose, the forearms have a fair bit of weight to them and I don't understand how it would stay in without the magnets.

I'd first confirm whether the magnets are in place or not - put a paperclip/nail/screw/another magnet against the peg on the forearm and into the socket to see if it's grabbed by a magnet.
This might be tricky but if they have dislodged, is it possible to use another magnet (maybe even the one in the forearm?) to drag it through the body to where it should be? Even if, as you say, 2 have stuck together it could still at least hold one arm in place if you can.
Can you shim the hole with something to make the fit more snug? Maybe even some mounting putty/Blu Tack?
There are also non-permanent options like glue dots or maybe double-sided tape?

Whatever you decide to do, just be careful about making it too tight as it could lead to a breakage if trying to squeeze it in or get it out later. I suffered that fate with the first statue I received. The pegs on both arms were extremely tight. The left one became stubborn with about 10mm to go when it broke as I tried to press it in.

The arm has a big peg that inserts in the socket, i think this whole peg has magnets, i am not sure if the problem lies in the peg or the magnet at the end of the socket, that is supposes to hold it together.

Maybe it was designed to be that way, so i can't see how it is easy to fix. If there is a tutorial video with suggestions would be very helpful. Any thoughts about contacting P1?

Okay guys! I just tried the paper clip trick, Turns out the inner socket has working magnets on both arms! :yess: I also tried the gauntlets those too has working magnets on both! :yess: I did the test for the head also has working magnets on both ends! :yess:
Thank you for the great suggestion DeaflyBlind!
So the big piece moving around in the body must be an extra piece of polystone.

Last edited:
Back