Statue Prime 1 Studio - Batman Vs Superman-1:2 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Brent72 on scoring a fantastic piece...it's going to be a long time before this one is topped. FYI, those pleats are actually designed to fold over the edge of the cowl. You can still flare out the cape wide over the shoulders. Love the life size pieces!
Hey Karnis. May I ask what the dimensions are of that table you have him sitting on?

Would those display units fit the WW 1:2 statue in it? Need to track down those sort of quality display units in Australia for my trinity 1:2 and Chuckys (good and bad) 1:1.

What is the name of the company you bought those display cases from Odysseus? I wan't to check out their work.

I apologize for my late reply man, my offline life has kept me really busy.

I purchased the case about 3.5 months ago, prior to receiving my Batman statue. It was important for me to encase the masterpiece as soon as i got it and opened it fresh from box, in order to protect from harm's way. I have the experience of Ikea cabinets which pose a serious threat to statues, leaving enough space to dust and exposure.I wanted something more drastic and resilient. I got it from a local company that specializes in custom building display units for museums. Thankfully, the service provided was exemplary and attended to my exact requirements, i remember them telling me that they don't normally manufacture for ''statues'' and ''collectibles'' but explained the sheer size and price of this Batman 1/2 scale, showed them videos providing the official measures and we decided to built an airtight, dust proof custom case that also has UV protection. The outcome was second to none, not only does it keep the statue safe and sound but also complements to its overall aesthetic appeal. It cost me a pretty penny to build the case case but worth all the effort and money. Trust me..

The company advised me to leave room to breath, so the inside was made quite large and big. I Had written the measures on a sheet of paper, need to find where i put it, if you still want them PM me, to search for. I am sure Sman 1/2 scale fits in perfectly, but for WW i am not sure, the sword protrudes and haven't checked out on the official dimensions.

Many fans have asked about the case, so i am making a Video over the weekend of the whole set up, stay tuned i will upload it as soon as it's ready!

Brent72
Huge congrats for your piece man, looks awesome and massive!! Enjoy it, As Uncle Bingo mentioned this is the definitive Batman statue out there!! It;s the centerpiece of attention, and certainly single out from the lot. To me transcends the borders of just being a top-notch collectible, but see it as a unique work of art! Also, i have checked on your 1/2 collection and is superb, your Joker is from another world, it must be custom made, the menacing countenance and craziness of the character is so well portrayed..not even P1's take managed to capture that aspect, so Kudos for this awesome piece!!!!!!!!!!!

I am playing tricks with the light, yet the statue no matter the condition, looks stunning and adapts perfectly to the different lighting, Here We go!

Light 1.jpg

light 1`4.jpg

Light 2.jpg

Light 3.jpg

Light 4.jpg

Light 5.jpg

Light 6.jpg

Light 7.jpg

Light 8.jpg

Light 9.jpg

Light 10.jpg

light 13.jpg

Much discussions has been going on about folding the cape and pleats over the cowl, and that is screen accurate for sure.. but honestly look how cool it is with the cape expanding and the richness it adds to the statue... I am not changing it from that position
Light 11.jpg

Light 12.jpg

Brent72[/COLOR][/B] Huge congrats for your piece man, looks awesome and massive!! Enjoy it, As Uncle Bingo mentioned this is the definitive Batman statue out there!! It;s the centerpiece of attention, and certainly single out from the lot. To me transcends the borders of just being a top-notch collectible, but see it as a unique work of art! Also, i have checked on your 1/2 collection and is superb, your Joker is from another world, it must be custom made, the menacing countenance and craziness of the character is so well portrayed..not even P1's take managed to capture that aspect, so Kudos for this awesome piece!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the nice words, man. I really appreciate it. I agree with you 100% that this is THE definitive Batman statue. It's just a masterpiece in every single way and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on it as I went back and forth for a while about whether or not I should get it. Ultimately I know I made the right decision, though, because I absolutely love this piece.

As for the Joker, he's a full life-size statue and was custom made from head to toe. I have a full dedicated thread on him here if you have time to check it out. :wink1:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...18289-grail-piece-bobby-cs-1-1-tdk-joker.html

Here is the Video of my 1/2 Scale masterpiece in the museum case!

https://vimeo.com/232357494https://

Many fans have asked me about the set up, hope this Video is revealing...

I've tried to shoot in various angles and lighting conditions, also embedded my favourite themes,

Enjoy and feel free to write a comment!

Just curious how those bestas with glass on the front handle dust.

Unfortunately dust still gets in. It's much better then it would otherwise be without the doors though.

However I use foam weather seals/tape to make dust almost a non issue with my Besta cabinets, by placing them where ever there are gaps. For example between any two doors from above, below or beside; and in certain places between the Besta frame and the glass doors (note I use the Glassvik type doors). You can source the foam tape etc from your local Bunnings hardware store.

Unfortunately dust still gets in. It's much better then it would otherwise be without the doors though.

However I use foam weather seals/tape to make dust almost a non issue with my Besta cabinets, by placing them where ever there are gaps. For example between any two doors from above, below or beside; and in certain places between the Besta frame and the glass doors (note I use the Glassvik type doors). You can source the foam tape etc from your local Bunnings hardware store.

Ye the tape will make a world of difference i was thinking putting some tape or fabric seal so make sure most of the dust is kept out. I want black cabinets but i may go white and get the stuva just to get the 50cm depth as apposed to the 40cm of the besta.

Getting custom made glass cabinets is just to much money in Australia. I need 3 for my batman, superman and soon to be WW 1:2 and another 2 for my 1:1 Chucky Good guy and Bad guy dolls. I cant pay nearly 2k for each cabinet totaling roughly 10k. Odyseus got a good price 700us each which is under $900aud.

Thanks man.
That's an option.
Are there any though that won't have the black horizontal line in the middle?

Unfortunately there isn't. Collectors have wanted a full length glass door for the Besta for years but Ikea has never made one. There have been a couple custom ones made in the past but I have no idea what that would cost.

Unfortunately there isn't. Collectors have wanted a full length glass door for the Besta for years but Ikea has never made one. There have been a couple custom ones made in the past but I have no idea what that would cost.

Thanks man. If I do pull the trigger and can't find another option, I'll use that.
Main priority is protect it from dust, and the black line isn't bad.

Thanks again.

Thanks man. If I do pull the trigger and can't find another option, I'll use that.
Main priority is protect it from dust, and the black line isn't bad.

Thanks again.

Just keep in mind, from the photos of my BVS setup, that those aren't just a black line but the black bevels of two Glassvik doors (top and bottom).

Back