Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Knight - Catwoman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been so many orders lately from the SDCC reveals, wallet needs a breather :lol

:exactly:

Prime 1 has broken me.This year Harley arrived,and TDK coming up.PO Killer Croc,Scarecrow,Mr Freeze,Joker and now Catwoman.And Doomsday is going to send me over a cliff.Damn' every one of these is $100 and more just in Tax.OUCH!
I'M happy the Jim Lee Hush line has not started yet.

I'll be turning to crime very soon :lol

Last edited:
No way to know for sure. People have been waiting for this one, but the price may make it stick around for awhile.

For a long awaited piece, does an 'unexpected' $50-$100 or so price increase really affect the purchasing on a piece which is already almost a $1000?

Of course some people would never spend anything more than $500 for a statue, but for this particular line it's within the range imo.

Exchange rate wise I'm probably in the same situation you're in. When I first started buying statues 3 to 4 years ago, a standard PF was about $550 AUD (buying locally), but now PFs are encroaching on $900 AUD (buying locally). So when a US resident complains about $25 to $100 USD price increases and fearing getting priced out, I'm thinking where does that leave me. Am I insane or something.

But I've more or less become numb to all price increases. As to get the pieces I want, like MCU quality pieces I've 'had' to get Iron Studio pieces, and now to get quality DC pieces I'm getting Prime 1 pieces.

I rarely get pieces direct from Sideshow as it could cost me anywhere from $250 to $400 AUD more just to get a 1/3 Exclusive edition. Now that's rarely worth it.

Oh any for that Alien Dog piece, imo there's no way it's going to be the price of a standard 1/3. I'm thinking in the 1/2 scale price range.

Yeah, I tend to go with the EX versions since they're usually worth picking up for the RP and since I order less and less, it's just easier for me to go with the ones that will likely sell easier IF I ever had to go that route. As for the Dog, we'll wait and see there. Again, if I get this, that's likely it for statues...I mean, MAYBE a Wolf if it compares to the Sideshow one I missed, but yeah, it'd suck if they start really pricing out this early.

For a long awaited piece, does an 'unexpected' $50-$100 or so price increase really affect the purchasing on a piece which is already almost a $1000?

Of course some people would never spend anything more than $500 for a statue, but for this particular line it's within the range imo.

I think it does. I think it may make some people go, "Eh...okay, I'll get this, but I'll have to think about future pieces." Sure it's just $50-$100, but at the same time it's that knowing that prices are going up. Odds are it won't change the minds of those who have had targets set on this piece from the start; however, for those on the fence, even that bump can make you think about it, or keep it around a bit longer.

It's impossible to predict as far as which stick around a bit longer or which go to Wait List not long after going up, but jumping up to $1000 with no real reasoning (I mean, I really can't see why this is more than Harley, or the same price as Bane other than they went, "Well, it's been a year, so lets up it!") And while it may not affect the purchasing of this piece, the price jump will likely affect future pieces people decide to go with. Especially with SO much still coming on the Arkham line, and a lot of the pieces only getting bigger in size.

I mean, out of all of the characters, Catwoman really has one of the more basic outfits, so that's kind of irksome as well.

i would ordered this in a heartbeat if not for prime1's long established record of reissuing different versions of the same statue, for anything that is even remotely successful. Thus destroying any value for the collectors who purchased the original, in case they need to sell it.

Going to just wait, worst case i pick up a regular edition down the road, with 3 heads already, the ex is not that special.

i would ordered this in a heartbeat if not for prime1's long established record of reissuing different versions of the same statue, for anything that is even remotely successful. Thus destroying any value for the collectors who purchased the original, in case they need to sell it.

Going to just wait, worst case i pick up a regular edition down the road, with 3 heads already, the ex is not that special.

I don't think that the variants will hurt the originals. Like, the all gold Batman, or gold logo Batman...those are odd to me. I don't see the appeal, personally. I'd much rather have a version straight from the game. Blinged out Batman just doesn't seem logical to me. :lol That said, I don't think they'll do variants of Harley or Catwoman...I think they've got too much on deck to do that. Plus, a gold Catwoman or Harley doesn't really fit. I mean, it's possible...but I just don't see it. I think they'll eventually do another Harley from a different game, but that's about it.

I don't think the EX for this is a must, but it's nice to have the option. That said, there are only two other sculpts on this one. The smirk, and the straight faced...the goggled EX is the third sculpt.

Depending on one's disposable income, $50-100 may not sound like much to some, but it can be a big difference to others. You also have to consider he amount of preorders people may have. With price increases you can't just look at the price of one piece going up if you order a lot. $50-100 more for each adds up quickly when you're buying multiple statues. Also, some people have to add tax and customs fees based on the price of the statue. If the statue price increases, so do those fees--not to mention the horrible exchange rates--all of which means those people can pay almost double what we may pay in the US.

People are going to buy it if they want it, regardless. But it does suck... because that extra $50 adds on to what is already going to be a hefty shipping amount, and like above said, potential taxes and custom fees for others.

Sideshow added to the original retail price, didn't they....

Do you guys think they would do arkham city catwoman?
ccd26d58cf6fd0177d620af10b268cfc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

^^The AC Catwoman was my favorite from the franchise. Costume is similar just the face is younger less bruised up. Maybe someone will make a custom head?

I have been waiting for this since they started the Arkham Knight line of statues. This is by far one of my favorite versions of Catwoman. I liked Arkham City Catwoman but I felt the Knight version was closer to the Adam Hughes Catwoman's face and that is my favorite look for Catwoman (I love Audrey Hepburn). Not to say it looks exactly like AH's but it is much closer than Catwoman in Arkham City.

The smirk is portrait is amazing, that is definitely the one I will display. While I do wish there was one "clean" portrait, one with her face not cut up, I also get that this is the look in the game and I can live with it. Though I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an extra portrait and have someone repaint it to look pre-Riddler capture.

This is more than I thought I would spend on a statue but as a huge Catwoman fan and Catwoman collector I couldn't pass this up. I wish I had the money or space to get more in the series since I think the Arkham games, especially Knight, has my favorite interpretations of the characters since the 1990's animated series.

If I remember correctly the Deathstroke P1 statue was USD 929 when I bought it and in total it cost me around CAD 1,500 to receive it (FedEx customs fee itself was CAD 170) so Catwoman would be slightly higher and also not sure how SSC news on my account factors into everything, potentially making things a lot more expensive (maybe $1600-1700?) which is getting very close to the price some US residents would be able to obtain a 1/2 statue for.

======================================
To our Canadian Collectors

A recent change by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has updated how our Polystone figures are being classified (now as 3926.40.0000). This will unfortunately result in a 6.5% import duty. We understand that this can be a cause for concern and wanted to be proactive about letting you know what to expect when taking delivery of your collectible. We assure you that the fees being assessed are not our own.
======================================

I purchased it immediately, but I do remember a time when Prime 1 said the AK Batman would be the most expensive in the line. So much for that, lol

^^The AC Catwoman was my favorite from the franchise. Costume is similar just the face is younger less bruised up.

Really? AK Selina looks much younger to me. I think AC Catwoman is almost MILFish - not that there's anything wrong with that. Rawwwr.

maxresdefault.jpg

Selina_Kyle_Catwoman-closeup.jpg

Pre-ordered, by the way.

Yeah there is definitely a lot of hype on this piece. It may go to WL I'll just jump on early if I need this. I'm being practical sticking to my plan and waiting to see what else is coming from P1.

Back