Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Knight - Catwoman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catwoman12.jpg

Catwoman13.jpg

Catwoman14.jpg

Catwoman15.jpg

Catwoman16.jpg

Catwoman17.jpg

Catwoman18.jpg

Catwoman19.jpg

Catwoman20.jpg

Catwoman21.jpg

The price tag on this one is painful at $999.99...that's $100 more than Batman himself, and $70 more than Harley, who had a lot more detail and involvement, I think. Plus, Harley's headsculpts all differed greatly in terms of her attitude and style, and they really just gave Catwoman a fairly blank stare and a smirk...no angry face, or even a cleaner face. They all seem to have the same battle damage -- even though I know she was pretty beat up from the get go in the game.

The facial sculpts look great...I think an angrier face would've been nice too. Even if that's four headsculpts (which sounds insane) it gives a variety and different emotions for the two poses she has. The EX headsculpt looks angrier, so I guess that's the compromise.

The regular is $949.99, which eases it up $50, but I mean, at this price, adding $50 for the EX headsculpt is if you can just makes sense; though I'm not sure I'd ever pose that route. But it's still $100 and $70 more than Batman and Harley's EXs, which seems weird. The suit looks fantastic, with great detail; but so did both of theirs. Guess it's just the giant leaps in prices that happen every year now. I wish my wages went up as fast as the inflation need on all these statues seems to believe they do. Alas...

The two posing options are nice and suit the character well, but it's quite a far cry from the original, longer, crazier posed idea they wanted to go with that would've helped warrant the heftier cost. I do like museum poses though, and her look suits her, and I love the Arkham Catwoman.

I'll have to think about it with some RP saved up, but at $1000US, customs, shipping and exchange will have a field day with me, so I'm not sure. I really want a definitive Catwoman statue...but at in and around $1500-$1700 or whatever the final costs would be, that's getting pretty insane. If I do do it, there's a good chance it'd be my last statue purchase. Just space and rising costs, it's hitting that time to focus on Hot Toys as my collectible of choice.

Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for posting all the official photos.

First thing is I love all the interchangeable pieces.

Extra arms for holding the diamond are at least now confirmed. As we had only seen concepts prior to this. And it's great that there are different colours for the jewels as well. That's a neat extra.

And given that I was most likely going to order this from a local retailer, I was hoping that the goggles down version would be the 'Exclusive' as I didn't care that much for it. It's cool and all, but I could live without it.

And that little base for the spare head is great. As currently I've got quite a few of these Prime 1 interchangeable heads simply lying on their sides in one of my Bestas, which isn't the best look.

Text from Prime 1's Facebook page:-

MMDC-25: Catwoman (Batman: Arkham Knight)
“Worse part about this? It looked cheap.”
- Catwoman makes light of having a bomb around her neck
Prime 1 Studio is proud to present MMDC-25: Catwoman from Batman: Arkham Knight. Selina Kyle, also known by her alias Catwoman, was an orphan who learned to survive on Gotham City's streets. She took to thievery to survive, but was determined to do it in her own style. She learned martial arts and trained extensively to perfect her own skills at cat burglary. Her criminal activities are often tempered by a reluctant altruism, making her an inconstant villain and occasional heroine. She steals objects with feline names or motifs. She regularly eludes capture by the Dark Knight, and maintains a complicated, adversarial relationship with Batman that frequently turns flirtatious and occasionally romantic. Over the years, their relationship developed to become increasingly reliable allies.
Statue features:
- Size approximately 31 inches tall [(H)79.1 cm (W)48.4 cm (D)68.2 cm]
- One (1) whip holster with the whip
- One (1) whip holster without the whip
- One (1) pair of arms holding the whip
- One (1) normal left arm
- One (1) right arm holding a diamond
- Three (3) colored diamonds (White, Blue & Red)
- One (1) Riddler’s explosive collar
- Two (2) alternate portrait
- One (1) alternate exclusive portrait (In the Exclusive version only)
Retail Price:
- Regular: $949 US
- Exclusive version: $999 US
Edition Size:
- Regular version: 1250
- Exclusive version: 750

Yikes at the price, but I've been waiting for this one for a long time. I'm guessing the exclusive will be $1049 including Sideshow's extra bump they've been doing for Prime statues.

I remember when I got started in this hobby which was just a few years ago I saw some statues on SSC which were in the USD 400 range (and that's when CAD and USD wasn't so different in terms of FX rates) and I thought it was pretty pricey. Granted I love P1 and their work and it is 1/3 vs 1/4 with the USD 400 price tag, these prices are getting really insane. But they still seem to sell out so there is a market out there and I thought I was doing pretty well income wise but apparently I'm not lol.

Man, with this coming out and also Tarkin.... :lol :thud:

That's cool that the jewel hand isn't the EX and that it comes in 3 colors. Debating now if I would ever display it with the goggles on, could save a ton on shipping + $50 that way, but it's nice to have I guess? :huh Sideshow price is probably going to be $1050 maybe?

:clap

Yikes at the price, but I've been waiting for this one for a long time. I'm guessing the exclusive will be $1049 including Sideshow's extra bump they've been doing for Prime statues.

Yeah, as you know this is the one I was hoping they'd release...unfortunately, it took them a couple of years to do so and now the price has jumped quite a bit. I'm guessing Arkham Knight's Batman was priced to get you hooked on the line at a solid price. I thought I remembered them saying that they wouldn't go higher than that price, but that vanished rather quick if it ever was said. :lol

Still, this one should be priced the same as Harley, as there's less work involved in the outfit, her headsculpts are a lot more minor in changes than Harley's, and she comes with less. Harley had three headsculpts AND the EX of Joker and Batman toys to really bring out her personality...I don't see the price jump justification here, which is pretty unfortunate.

most excellent,been waiting for her for awhile now.:yess: Wonder if you can pose the Whip?

I'm guessing not. I mean, maybe a bit on the bottom end as to where it falls at her feet, but her hands with the whip seem to be holding it already. Hard to tell, but it looks like the left hand holding the whip (not the handle) has a hole in it, so you may work the whip through that hand to pose it? I think if you could use other poses with it they would've shown that off as a selling point also.

Yeah, as you know this is the one I was hoping they'd release...unfortunately, it took them a couple of years to do so and now the price has jumped quite a bit. I'm guessing Arkham Knight's Batman was priced to get you hooked on the line at a solid price. I thought I remembered them saying that they wouldn't go higher than that price, but that vanished rather quick if it ever was said. :lol

Still, this one should be priced the same as Harley, as there's less work involved in the outfit, her headsculpts are a lot more minor in changes than Harley's, and she comes with less. Harley had three headsculpts AND the EX of Joker and Batman toys to really bring out her personality...I don't see the price jump justification here, which is pretty unfortunate.

I'm guessing not. I mean, maybe a bit on the bottom end as to where it falls at her feet, but her hands with the whip seem to be holding it already. Hard to tell, but it looks like the left hand holding the whip (not the handle) has a hole in it, so you may work the whip through that hand to pose it? I think if you could use other poses with it they would've shown that off as a selling point also.

It's unfortunate that their price point is now $1000 for a normal 1/3 scale statue. The price on Doomsday is going to make me cry.

Back