Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Knight - Catwoman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was really excited when the images of this came out at SDCC and it would be my first P1 piece but I was hoping the release was later this year, early next.
I had my budget set out through Dec/Jan with the rest of my orders and getting hit with the NRD is going to screw that up. Plus it would have been nice to have most of my rewards in before ordering to help knock down the price.
I may skip the EX and hold out until later to get the regular edition. I already have that same basic head sculpt with the SS Catwoman so to miss it wouldn't be a huge loss.

Congrats to those that ordered. I Still like this piece but can't justify the price for what it is, I'll happily pick up a regular when the dust settles in the aftermarket seeing as most P1 pieces go for retail or less

I hope her eyes turn out more like this or at least a little more Green.Could be the lighting,but they seem a bit dark in the preview photo's.

Attachments

• Cat20728879.jpg
    Cat20728879.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Cat20689888.jpg
    Cat20689888.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Cat33040.jpg
    Cat33040.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Cat330401.jpg
    Cat330401.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Ordered! She went up fast. I was hoping to built up some more AP's to use on her. Oh well I got over a year to put money aside for her.

You and your four seconds of hesitation due to the price. :lol

1.gif

:lol :lol That's about right. I hate that the prices keep creeping up, but you know this is an order that's been a long time coming. I will say the order was easier since I don't have to deal with a **** exchange rate. I don't know how you guys up there deal with it in this hobby.

I'm unsure still. I have $230 or so RP saved up, so that'd make it $769.99 give or take...and the year to year and a half wait will help money get put aside.

But I'm just not sure. I mean, my Prime 1 Arkham Batman is a BEAST. I love it. It's so fantastic. The details on it...I mean, it's such an amazing piece. Just having that is great, and I have zero regrets on that front. I think I'm more frustrated that Catwoman is the same price as Bane, and so much more than Bats, Deathstroke and Harley, who didn't come out that long ago. There's really no reason for such a huge jump in costs. I mean, what sort of raises do they think people get at work? We're possibly going on strike to try and get a FRACTION more than the 1.5% raise offered, which is nowhere near statue inflation.

It's really a beautiful statue, I'm just not sure it's meant to be.

afe905a96a98b7cde157456c7ed1fb6f.gif

:lol :lol That's about right. I hate that the prices keep creeping up, but you know this is an order that's been a long time coming. I will say the order was easier since I don't have to deal with a **** exchange rate. I don't know how you guys up there deal with it in this hobby.

:lol Well I'm slowly not! Luckily, on the Hot Toy front, I have a friend who knows someone who orders directly to sell, so I get them for a fair price. That's what keeps me in that game. On the statue front, like I mentioned, the Breakout T-Rex turning into $1000 when all was said and done was just insane. I wasn't really ready for that one.

So at this point it's like, "Okay, do I need this?" Let's be honest, the answer is no to everything released always! :lol But we want these things. If I do get it and knock the RP off it, I think it'd be my last statue. There are pieces I'd like...Prime 1 doing the Dog Alien is insane. It looks SO good! But I mean, that'll probably cost what these cost, and it's just so much. I'm sure if Prime releases a 1/3 Wolf Predator, temptation will be there...and I'll wonder why my Legendary Scale bust cost $1000 too (that LSB price jump was insane!) but yeah...just so unsure.

Doing a quick exchange rate on $999.99 right now, that's just under $1300 Canadian, and that's before shipping and customs are added on...so we're easily hitting $1500-$1700 or something, and taking off ALL my saved RP, we're still talking $1300-$1500...that's just crazy. So painful.

But I don't think about the future... I think, "Hey, it's about the best Catwoman statue you'll ever see!"

I think it's clear:

tenor.gif

:lol Well I'm slowly not! Luckily, on the Hot Toy front, I have a friend who knows someone who orders directly to sell, so I get them for a fair price. That's what keeps me in that game. On the statue front, like I mentioned, the Breakout T-Rex turning into $1000 when all was said and done was just insane. I wasn't really ready for that one.

So at this point it's like, "Okay, do I need this?" Let's be honest, the answer is no to everything released always! :lol But we want these things. If I do get it and knock the RP off it, I think it'd be my last statue. There are pieces I'd like...Prime 1 doing the Dog Alien is insane. It looks SO good! But I mean, that'll probably cost what these cost, and it's just so much. I'm sure if Prime releases a 1/3 Wolf Predator, temptation will be there...and I'll wonder why my Legendary Scale bust cost $1000 too (that LSB price jump was insane!) but yeah...just so unsure.

Doing a quick exchange rate on $999.99 right now, that's just under $1300 Canadian, and that's before shipping and customs are added on...so we're easily hitting $1500-$1700 or something, and taking off ALL my saved RP, we're still talking $1300-$1500...that's just crazy. So painful.

But I don't think about the future... I think, "Hey, it's about the best Catwoman statue you'll ever see!"

I think it's clear:

tenor.gif

Exchange rate wise I'm probably in the same situation you're in. When I first started buying statues 3 to 4 years ago, a standard PF was about $550 AUD (buying locally), but now PFs are encroaching on $900 AUD (buying locally). So when a US resident complains about $25 to $100 USD price increases and fearing getting priced out, I'm thinking where does that leave me. Am I insane or something.

But I've more or less become numb to all price increases. As to get the pieces I want, like MCU quality pieces I've 'had' to get Iron Studio pieces, and now to get quality DC pieces I'm getting Prime 1 pieces.

I rarely get pieces direct from Sideshow as it could cost me anywhere from $250 to $400 AUD more just to get a 1/3 Exclusive edition. Now that's rarely worth it.

Oh any for that Alien Dog piece, imo there's no way it's going to be the price of a standard 1/3. I'm thinking in the 1/2 scale price range.

Just preorded the ex but damn, it's gonna be a long wait. She's gonna look freakin awesome with my P1 1/3 AK Batman and AK Harley though.

Is the EX going to waitlist fast? The Joker surprisingly didn't but it was Origins version, was that the reason?

Back