Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my " battle damaged" head ... It does have some scratches and a dirty face but I think too similar to the portrait that comes with the statue ... Still a great sculpt ... I think many of us got the bust for the Unmasked portrait ( I did)
bef2fcbc29a43583be227037c21b262d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got email back from Prime 1 about the bust

We are sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you.
We have noticed a several similar cases and majority is due of how the shipment was handled while in transit to you.
We will contact our factory for a replacement part for the Angry Head.
As soon we have a confirmation, we will send the replacement part to our distributor (Sideshow Collectibles) and we will also let you know. Sideshow will contact with you as soon they received it.
However, before proceeding all this we need a picture of the serial number (Edition Size #)!

We have noticed a several similar cases and majority is due of how the shipment was handled while in transit to you.
As soon we have a confirmation, we will send the replacement part to our distributor (Sideshow Collectibles) and we will also let you know. Sideshow will contact with you as soon they received it.
However, before proceeding all this we need a picture of the serial number (Edition Size #)!

That's Prime 1 taking charge and owning up to a mistake and looking to make things right. That's kind of awesome.

I have yet to hear back from Prime 1, just out of curiosity, when did you write them your original email?

I have yet to hear back from Prime 1, just out of curiosity, when did you write them your original email?

I sent them the email Aug 11 and got a reply today. I never contacted Sideshow about it. I'm sure they'll send you a replacement as yours was worse than mine.

21c1868649f5dc4337add12c054fd484.jpg

I emailed Prime 1 on Aug 11 with no response yet, Sideshow sent me this. I'm really starting to get pissed!!!

Prime 1 doesn't want complaints posted on their Facebook Collectors page, but that's the only way I can reach anybody concerning this matter, but I feel like if I post a complaint they are just going to delete it and maybe block me, not sure what to do?

Scuffed head here as well. Contacted P1 & got a reply within 30 minutes. They have to be squirting bricks about now.

OTOH, the facial paint apps are improved on the new heads. A little brighter, less olive tint, more lifelike. Very nice.

20160816_194815.jpg

Last edited:
I have question for who ever got full refund when prime one is delay to ship, I recently just return one but they took my deposit and both shipping fee which I loose $150 , try to email to Brennan(sideshow) and he just keep denial that is their fault.

So I have an opportunity to the regular for only $839 shipped. Sealed and everything from a well known distributor. Was kinda holding out for an EX but that's going to cost several hundred more at this point. I'm stuck in indecisive mode.. I think ultimately my two favorite poses are regular head and grappling hook and then angry head with both fists closed. So probably wouldn't display much with batarang but I love options.

So I have an opportunity to the regular for only $839 shipped. Sealed and everything from a well known distributor. Was kinda holding out for an EX but that's going to cost several hundred more at this point. I'm stuck in indecisive mode.. I think ultimately my two favorite poses are regular head and grappling hook and then angry head with both fists closed. So probably wouldn't display much with batarang but I love options.
Go with the Reg imo. That's a lot of money off. Essentially reg and bust set for the price of what the ex would be.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Don't even think twice about it, grab it while you can for that price. If you miss out on it, that kinda reduces your options completely. :D

I got scuffs on my angry portrait as well. What's the e-mail to Prime 1, as Sideshow are unwilling to help anything other than a small credit?

The replacement head I received for the headsculpt that comes with the statue took quite a while to be shipped from Prime 1 to SS and then from SS to me. Around a month, I think.

Far easier to get a replacement from Prime 1 than it has ever been for me to get one through SS though. No offer of a discount, just immediately sent a replacement.

Back