Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some pics yesterday

432290ed27175ef7874f71981b269e31.jpg

f46268bdb516bcba2b5c8368eb04054b.jpg

8606fb85991bf7c05584d68f7cd296a5.jpg

c313bb0d625aaf2c83263c4d051bf77c.jpg

7fb3c07d576757bd9e1de87513d31cba.jpg

0961abe2de844ff67c45b92f32e5e628.jpg

Any close up on the paint job of the face?

curious to see if this is like SS's or like HT's paint.

Hello everyone. I've been reading this great forum for years and just now decided to post. With all the excitement of SDCC and a now established collection I decided to finally participate. Anyway, I was blown away by this piece when I first saw the prototype pics but am now a little worried it looks a little lighter in color from the the helpful pics those have posted from the con. It seems to appear lighter from several different pics. I've never spent quite this much on a piece so I don't want any doubts. Other than that it's mind blowing! I normally don't go for video game versions but that's how good this looks. Not sure if anyone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Any thoughts?

First off, welcome to the boards!

Second off, this is Prime 1 we're talking about, and you should be made aware that they're extremely well known for getting really quality pieces delivered in the end! As for pictures, you'll always get a mixed bag. Some shots will be blurry, others will have a flash on, others will be photoshopped. In the end, it'll always look a little different when you finally get it in hand.

The lighter shots you're seeing are likely due to lighting in the area, or flashes going off, or it just being how it is. Personally, I haven't seen one single shot that made me go, "OMG, why'd I spend that much?!" Every shot I've seen has made my mouth drop even more, and I wish it was just delivered already! :lol

So yeah, pictures are great, especially when they're quality shots! Sometimes things will look worse in pictures -- like Hot Toys -- and when you get them in-hand, you go, "Wow, that looks a LOT better!" But I'm just rambling now! :lol In my opinion, if you like the prototype shots you saw, and you like the pictures taken above, then you'll love the piece when you get it.

But in the end, it's definitely a lot of money, so follow what your gut is telling you in the end! :)

You guys reckon if you join the ex wait list now it will still get converted before it comes out?

It doesn't hurt to try. I've read one person say they got converted. It's a huge NRD, so I'd say that it's less likely there'll be a mass change, but the GREAT news is that the regular is just as awesome. I mean, the Batarang is a great bonus to have, but if you hesitated and missed out, the Batclaw is badass, and I'd argue it's a better representation of an Arkham Batman anyway! :lol

So it can't hurt to get on the list, but this is also a case where the regular is still very much worthwhile!!

It doesn't hurt to try. I've read one person say they got converted. It's a huge NRD, so I'd say that it's less likely there'll be a mass change, but the GREAT news is that the regular is just as awesome. I mean, the Batarang is a great bonus to have, but if you hesitated and missed out, the Batclaw is badass, and I'd argue it's a better representation of an Arkham Batman anyway! :lol

So it can't hurt to get on the list, but this is also a case where the regular is still very much worthwhile!!
I would jump on. Large NRD, but it will be a big hit when it finally drops, so expect a lot of conversions when it starts shipping. There may not be many before so be patient. I will post if mine converts, I got on a few hours after some of the others who have so I am sure it will eventually.

I would jump on. Large NRD, but it will be a big hit when it finally drops, so expect a lot of conversions when it starts shipping. There may not be many before so be patient. I will post if mine converts, I got on a few hours after some of the others who have so I am sure it will eventually.

I'm sure a handful will definitely convert, but I also believe that Wait Listers will be more apt to convert if Sideshow is able to secure some more EXs from Prime 1, which is very possible! I'm almost positive you can PO the regular, pay the NRD and all that jazz, and then if you're EX converts you can transfer the funds over to the EX without question. I'd recommend doing that, as the regular really is just as good, and you wouldn't want to miss out all around!

I'm sure a handful will definitely convert, but I also believe that Wait Listers will be more apt to convert if Sideshow is able to secure some more EXs from Prime 1, which is very possible! I'm almost positive you can PO the regular, pay the NRD and all that jazz, and then if you're EX converts you can transfer the funds over to the EX without question. I'd recommend doing that, as the regular really is just as good, and you wouldn't want to miss out all around!
Yes, they will usually do that for you, but I have gotten the "one time courtesy" line so not sure how many times you are able to do that with them. I should think it would be ok, not sure why they would stick you with a reg, but it could happen.

Yes, they will usually do that for you, but I have gotten the "one time courtesy" line so not sure how many times you are able to do that with them. I should think it would be ok, not sure why they would stick you with a reg, but it could happen.

Yeah, I believe that's when you cancel an item and want to move the NRD. I know there's a one time courtesy there, which makes sense. Otherwise everyone would order everything with no fear of the NRD. In terms of a Wait List converting after you've already secured a regular, I'm almost certain that they'll upgrade you and transfer the NRD over to the Wait List. Again, I'm not positive, but I'm 99% sure that's the case. A quick "Live Chat" convo would clear it up really quick for those who may want to do it!

tumblr_m5czqqyxe51r426i4o1_500.gif

I see this phone call in my future a lot:

"Hello Sideshow? Yeah, hi...no, I know I called yesterday...are you sure it's not next year already? So Prime 1 Batman hasn't arrived yet then. Right. Okay, talk to you tomorrow!"

Yeah, I believe that's when you cancel an item and want to move the NRD. I know there's a one time courtesy there, which makes sense. Otherwise everyone would order everything with no fear of the NRD. In terms of a Wait List converting after you've already secured a regular, I'm almost certain that they'll upgrade you and transfer the NRD over to the Wait List. Again, I'm not positive, but I'm 99% sure that's the case. A quick "Live Chat" convo would clear it up really quick for those who may want to do it!

Cool thanks dude, I'll send sideshow a message and see what they say, don't wanna miss out on this masterpiece either way!

Cannot get over how epic this piece looks. If craftsmanship comes out anywhere near the proto, I can't imagine ever parting with this over whatever reason.

The pics are awesome . I was lucky enough that my EX on waitlist converted a few days ago . Thing is I don't have a clue what will be shipping to Europe prob $200 plus taxes...:(. The reg is available in Europe for 1300-1400 euros ( $1500 ) plus shipping. So I guess with the taxes I will have to pay it will come around $100 to $150 cheaper from direct from SS ,plus I get the EX

The pics are awesome . I was lucky enough that my EX on waitlist converted a few days ago . Thing is I don't have a clue what will be shipping to Europe prob $200 plus taxes...:(. The reg is available in Europe for 1300-1400 euros ( $1500 ) plus shipping. So I guess with the taxes I will have to pay it will come around $100 to $150 cheaper from direct from SS ,plus I get the EX

When did you get on the wait list skorpio?

really? fantastic! exactly what i wanted to hear.

Yeah, they've already announced that they'll be adding Nightwing, Harley, Catwoman, and Two-Face to the museum line, as well as the Batmobile. The Arkham Knight will be the next release in the line, with its debut coming on the 26th of this month!

I was on waitlist about a couple of hours after SS stated that the EX was sold out. A few other people that have been on waitlist the same day got their conversion too

Last edited:
Wow, I was worried this piece was gonna be overhyped but after the SDCC pics I'm amazed. I JUST jumped on the WL. Do you think I have a shot?

Back