Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the "other" thread.
577c7f921dbe3f615c849c66ceb6ba1a.jpg

From the "other" thread.

They do look a bit anorexic. But whatever floats your boat.

My question is, why do you guys come into a thread that isn't neca? Do you see me trying to compare in the neca section? Seems to me that youre trying to convince yourselves, and to gain validation from others, to make yourselves feel better, that you made the right purchase.

With the amount of money we're spending on these P1 turtles, we're 100% sure of ourselves that these are "the" must have turtle collectibles. "MUST HAVE". There's no second guessing. And I wont feel bad for any of you that second guessed and missed out. You wont convince me otherwise when it comes to these polystone turds. These are the most beautiful turds Ive ever seen!

with the amount of money these cost they should be utter perfection. Scars and spots and all.

I collect statues and figures so I hold no loyalty to either. My problem is that statue collectors insulting figure collectors saying that they are just large plastic toys. I know it's just a smart a$$ way of insulting figure collectors. Would you be happy if I just call statues expensive nerd hummels? It also does a disservice to the statue hobby in general. As a statue collector it really is sad when extremely expensive statues are getting beaten by action figures. I guess I am a different statue collector than most of you as I expect better movie accuracy for these ridiculous prices.

How is it an insult to call them large plastic toys?

From dictionary.com-

Action Figure

noun

a toy figure with jointed, movable limbs, representing a character in a cartoon, movie, etc., or a real person or animal, often one known for exciting action or extraordinary powers.

from thefreedictionary.com

Action Figure

n.

A small, usually molded plastic toy figure, often having movable joints and typically representing a character from a movie, television show, comic book, or other popular entertainment medium.

from merriam-webster.com

Definition of action figure
: a small-scale figure (as of a superhero) used especially as a toy

If you can find a legit dictionary definition of a statue defined as an expensive nerd hummel, go right ahead and call them that. If not your just slinging insults. If anybody seems to be in denial, I would have to say its not the P1 collectors. Seem to be more and more insecurities showing in this thread.

If your a toy collector, wear it proudly. Come out of the closet already. Realize this is a statue thread, not the toy thread. You dont need to be in here seeking our affirmation. There is a whole thread dedicated to the Necas. You guys are in here, in a foreign thread, preaching to a lot of people who really dont want to collect toys for many of the already stated reasons- cheaper plastic, exposed joints, etc. These arent insults, theyre simple facts. Have some tolerance.

So I guess you'll get more respect if you have for example a statue of cat woman bending over with her boobs hanging out then a high end collectible of captain America just standing there with his sheild?

Your missing the point, it's not about respect, a non collector is not going to admire you more if you have statues instead of dolls. In fact people might have less respect for someone who wants to spend thousands of dollars on 4 sculptures of Turtles that just sit there and do nothing, when there are cheaper alternatives. My point was that they don't see statues as geeky as figures, because statues can't be played with, whereas toys are meant to be played with. Statues are strictly for display purposes only.

Alrighty. If society says so buddy. Ayuck

Well that is the general consensus. I agree it shouldn't be like this, but to a non collector a toy is a toy, no matter how realistic it looks, it's still a toy action figure doll that can be played with. That being said, collecting either collectable, is still considered geeky and non collectors just don't get the appeal for either of these things.

From the "other" thread.

They look better there, since you can't see the joints on some of them and don't look so plastic looking, but I think that is mainly due to them being in the dark, thus, making the features I mentioned less visible.

with the amount of money these cost they should be utter perfection. Scars and spots and all.

Valid point.

How is it an insult to call them large plastic toys?

From dictionary.com-

Action Figure

noun

a toy figure with jointed, movable limbs, representing a character in a cartoon, movie, etc., or a real person or animal, often one known for exciting action or extraordinary powers.

from thefreedictionary.com

Action Figure

n.

A small, usually molded plastic toy figure, often having movable joints and typically representing a character from a movie, television show, comic book, or other popular entertainment medium.

from merriam-webster.com

Definition of action figure
: a small-scale figure (as of a superhero) used especially as a toy

If you can find a legit dictionary definition of a statue defined as an expensive nerd hummel, go right ahead and call them that. If not your just slinging insults. If anybody seems to be in denial, I would have to say its not the P1 collectors. Seem to be more and more insecurities showing in this thread.

If your a toy collector, wear it proudly. Come out of the closet already. Realize this is a statue thread, not the toy thread. You dont need to be in here seeking our affirmation. There is a whole thread dedicated to the Necas. You guys are in here, in a foreign thread, preaching to a lot of people who really dont want to collect toys for many of the already stated reasons- cheaper plastic, exposed joints, etc. These arent insults, theyre simple facts. Have some tolerance.

:goodpost:

Last edited:
Glad I ordered the exclusive Prime 1 set.
Statues with a lot of weight and long durability instead of plastic toys that will break once.

One thing I've wondered about these Prime 1 pieces is...why no additional head sculpts? I don't own a Prime 1 piece yet, but it seems like all their pieces come with at least one other head, or an additional arm or something, right?

One thing I've wondered about these Prime 1 pieces is...why no additional head sculpts? I don't own a Prime 1 piece yet, but it seems like all their pieces come with at least one other head, or an additional arm or something, right?

The Batfleck didn't and the MOS doesn't have exchangeable parts either, actually none of the chacters from the BVS line do.

Last edited:
True, but those are 1:2. But I think all their 1/3 statues have switch outs. I know these are 1/4, but still surprising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These look great and congrats to all the fans who are getting them!

My goodness, just let the petty debate go. Buy what you want and be happy about it. If someone wants something different, it's not a big deal. We're not comparing surgery with a scalpel versus surgery with a chainsaw: it's ok to have different taste in collectibles.

Agreed. I like the NECA's too--I just got Raph today--but I'm excited about the Prime 1's. I think they look amazing all together and have a really nice, 360 degree presence, which is impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing people post in-hand images and videos.

Back