Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really ? Cause I see way more tmnt fans and collectors in the neca thread than the prime one. Just yesterday neca raph got sold out and he just came out. Also these look way to damn shiny. Almost look like the secret of the ooze designs which were sub par.
They are the secret of the ooze figures. No Scar on Raph, no scratches on Raphs shell. Belts are too low on Leo and Donnie. No skin texture, no spots...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's not about people can't afford it. It's that people don't want it. If you really want something bad enough, then you do things, sell things , get the money to get something that you want .
people just don't want these. Inaccurate polystone paperweights.

When I have all four turtles inside this diorama I'm building . These polystone statues are going to look like pieces of s*** compared to these IMO

IMG_20170217_192517447.jpg

I like both NECA and Prime 1. Will get all NECA turtles and have P1 EX Pre-ordered.

I think P1 may have modeled after this; looks pretty spot on.
nc-tmnt12.jpg
teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-figure-set-prime-1-902721-01.jpg

Do you want me to put him in an action pose? Because it's able to do that too.

View attachment 324912

View attachment 324913

Do we want you to put your toys in action poses for us? What are you, like 8 years old? Or is this the case of a 40 year old virgin? Do you hold your action figures and talk to yourself, like theyre talking with each other, recreating your movie scenes? lol! That's how the general public views action figures. There's less scrutiny on statues as theyre looked at more of an art form, something to admire without having to touch them, or play with them. And a lot more non collectors that are impressed with statues, over something that children play with. My dad would make fun of me if I started collecting action figures at 36 years old. Seriously, how old are you? Oh right, you must be in the same age group if youre into the 90's TMNT, only you haven't grown out of action figure playsets. Id be keeping that to myself. Definitely not something Id brag about.

I dont care about opinions, but it is the Neca posters in this thread that are calling P1 collectors crazy, haters(statue collecters in general are full of hate btw)and now with your last post apparently we're deluding ourselves into thinking P1 is better. I havent seen any of this coming from the P1 side of the fence.
I collect statues and figures so I hold no loyalty to either. My problem is that statue collectors insulting figure collectors saying that they are just large plastic toys. I know it's just a smart a$$ way of insulting figure collectors. Would you be happy if I just call statues expensive nerd hummels? It also does a disservice to the statue hobby in general. As a statue collector it really is sad when extremely expensive statues are getting beaten by action figures. I guess I am a different statue collector than most of you as I expect better movie accuracy for these ridiculous prices.

Do we want you to put your toys in action poses for us? What are you, like 8 years old? Or is this the case of a 40 year old virgin? Do you hold your action figures and talk to yourself, like theyre talking with each other, recreating your movie scenes? lol! That's how the general public views action figures. There's less scrutiny on statues as theyre looked at more of an art form, something to admire without having to touch them, or play with them. And a lot more non collectors that are impressed with statues, over something that children play with. My dad would make fun of me if I started collecting action figures at 36 years old. Seriously, how old are you? Oh right, you must be in the same age group if youre into the 90's TMNT, only you haven't grown out of action figure playsets. Id be keeping that to myself. Definitely not something Id brag about.

Dude how about you STFU.. You statue collecting dooosh bags are all the same. Who are you anyway? I've never heard of you. Keep spending crazy money on inaccurate pieces of paperweight turds that are awful . I'm done with you.

Dude how about you STFU.. You statue collecting dooosh bags are all the same. Who are you anyway? I've never heard of you. Keep spending crazy money on inaccurate pieces of paperweight turds that are awful . I'm done with you.

Caption-51-winner-400.jpg

200.gif

121008_bachpad.jpg

Nice try Nerd. I am the complete opposite of that. I'm married, I work in construction. I'm a real man . So fk off nerd

Aren't you the same dude that tried to hijack that Facebook group?

Lol wut? So I guess you'll get more respect for having a statue of batman than a figure automatically? Gimme a break. The character is a character. They'll look at you the same way. Also who the hell cares what people think. It's your house and your hobby. You don't have to play with figures to buy them, you appreciate the likeness and the detail and put it on the shelf never to touch it again. Same with a statue.

I'm sure if somebody saw you with tons of nerd statues you'd be considered "a grown man" pfft no. You'd be put in the same damn category as the rest of the nerds on here. A collector.
Wow what a silly response.

It's not about people can't afford it. It's that people don't want it. If you really want something bad enough, then you do things, sell things , get the money to get something that you want .
people just don't want these. Inaccurate polystone paperweights.

Most statues are overpriced pieces of crap. These turtles are bigger pieces of crap.

Lol who cares about them being plastic toys? I guarantee if you drop the neca and the prime 1 on the floor the prime 1 would break first. It's a high end figure not a plastic toy.

Well people who are not into plastic toys, regardless if they look more accurate and realistic they still look like plastic toys with joints exposed.

And nobody is trying to persuade anybody, this who thread seems like people trying to convince themselves that prime 1 is better for some reason and dissing neca. I only commented cause I disagreed with a post. Not trying to change anyone's mind.

So what, aren't they entitled to do that?

I mean well yea. I barely see neca posters on here. Just comparisons to the prime 1 turtles and how they look so much better. Calling them cheap plastic and how prime 1 is a statue so it's better.

Never said they looked cheap, but they don't as realistic IMO as the Prime Statues, they just look like plastic toys.

But ok. Hey if you like the glossy look thats fine. To me I think the features are off. I just dropped by to see if these were shown at toyfair and saw a bunch of back and forth banter.

They probably are.

I collect statues and figures so I hold no loyalty to either. My problem is that statue collectors insulting figure collectors saying that they are just large plastic toys. I know it's just a smart a$$ way of insulting figure collectors.

Well I am not insulting figure collectors, since I also collect both, I am just saying NECAs look very plastic and toy looking and that's not something that I am drawn to.

Would you be happy if I just call statues expensive nerd hummels? It also does a disservice to the statue hobby in general. As a statue collector it really is sad when extremely expensive statues are getting beaten by action figures. I guess I am a different statue collector than most of you as I expect better movie accuracy for these ridiculous prices.

That's a fair statement, but that doesn't excuse the NECA collectors from essentially hijacking this thread.

Lol wut? So I guess you'll get more respect for having a statue of batman than a figure automatically? Gimme a break. The character is a character. They'll look at you the same way. Also who the hell cares what people think. It's your house and your hobby. You don't have to play with figures to buy them, you appreciate the likeness and the detail and put it on the shelf never to touch it again. Same with a statue.

Yeah that's what I do.

I'm sure if somebody saw you with tons of nerd statues you'd be considered "a grown man" pfft no. You'd be put in the same damn category as the rest of the nerds on here. A collector.
Wow what a silly response.

For the most part this isn't true, in general, society generally considers statues collectors not as geeky as people that collect action figures. This is because to a non collector they are just toys, regardless of how good they look. I know when a non collector sees my stuff, they pretty much ignore my figure collection (even the 1/4 scale ones) and look right at the statues. Statues just have a better presence than figures, if done well.

Last edited:
So I guess you'll get more respect if you have for example a statue of cat woman bending over with her boobs hanging out then a high end collectible of captain America just standing there with his sheild? Alrighty. If society says so buddy . Ayuck

Back