Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the website on the individual regular pieces. Theyre all delayed til May-June. Ex set is still Feb-March. Exclusives always ship out first, typically, before the regs.

Are you crazy?
I personally think that Neca kicks these asses all day
View attachment 323600

Just looks like a plastic toy to me man.

to me these look cheap , no skin textures . Shiny looking toys

U need to look at each one individually, there is enough skin texture on there for realism. The skin texture on NECAs is overdone and actually looks more like pimple or large bumps, whereas the skin texture on the prime turtles is more refined.

Let's call NECA turtles for what they are... toys. Theyre affordable to those that cant afford the real deal, or to people that aren't hardcore into TMNT, and chose not to drop the cash on a high end collectible. In statue form, theyre awesome, and perfect representation of the Henson turtles. I am very happy to be able own these!! NECA versions look a bit off, and on the skinny side. Their limbs are elongated, so they look naturally awkward. In the movie their faces show varying emotions, so people comparing portrait accuracy is a moot point. NECA chose that particular facial expression from the movie.

This scene looks like the expression P1 chose for Donnie.

2zgx5qs.jpg

Looks pretty spot on to me.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-donatello-statue-prime-1-902719-01.jpg

People are gonna forget all about the NECA turtles once these hit collectors hands. Wish these would ship out already! Im dying to get my hands on em. SS Rep said the ex set will ship out all together. Wonder if we get the same edition #'s?

:goodpost:

Let's call NECA turtles for what they are... toys. Theyre affordable to those that cant afford the real deal, or to people that aren't hardcore into TMNT, and chose not to drop the cash on a high end collectible. In statue form, theyre awesome, and perfect representation of the Henson turtles. I am very happy to be able own these!! NECA versions look a bit off, and on the skinny side. Their limbs are elongated, so they look naturally awkward. In the movie their faces show varying emotions, so people comparing portrait accuracy is a moot point. NECA chose that particular facial expression from the movie.

2zgx5qs.jpg

People are gonna forget all about the NECA turtles once these hit collectors hands. Wish these would ship out already! Im dying to get my hands on em. SS Rep said the ex set will ship out all together. Wonder if we get the same edition #'s?

right on :rock Leo and Mikey too

different scenes -> different masks -> all tmnt

2zgx5qs.jpg

Really ? Cause I see way more tmnt fans and collectors in the neca thread than the prime one. Just yesterday neca raph got sold out and he just came out. Also these look way to damn shiny. Almost look like the secret of the ooze designs which were sub par.

So I saw the individual turtles got delayed till May-June. Set of 4 still slated for Feb-March. Any idea on when this will finally get shipped?

Really ? Cause I see way more tmnt fans and collectors in the neca thread than the prime one. Just yesterday neca raph got sold out and he just came out. Also these look way to damn shiny. Almost look like the secret of the ooze designs which were sub par.

Ramen is also the most popular food for college students, doesnt make it filet mignon. More people have $400 than $2500. These have the same/similar skin as the ECC Hulk- go check the reviews.

Ramen is also the most popular food for college students, doesnt make it filet mignon. More people have $400 than $2500. These have the same/similar skin as the ECC Hulk- go check the reviews.

Meh to you maybe but I think the Neca are more screen accurate. The turtles looked like they jumped right off the screen. just cause it cost alot doesn't mean it's better. Not knocking it at all though. if you like them good for you.

Meh to you maybe but I think the Neca are more screen accurate. The turtles looked like they jumped right off the screen. just cause it cost alot doesn't mean it's better. Not knocking it at all though. if you like them good for you.

Wasnt saying that the cost means theyre better. The cost means there are more people in the Neca forum. The two pics of Donatello above dont get more screen accurate. The skin on these is just one of the reasons theyre going to be better. Check out the ECC Hulk reviews.

not fair to compare NECA toys to prime 1,, of course more people r talking about them because more people can afford them. They may have better likeness on some of the turtles but thats about it, they r large plastic action figures.

not fair to compare NECA toys to prime 1,, of course more people r talking about them because more people can afford them. They may have better likeness on some of the turtles but thats about it, they r large plastic action figures.
You sound like a like a hater to me like many statue collectors. For the price, I feel like prime missed the mark a little too much. There's something really off about the faces and that's a real disappointment considering that this is prime 1. The confusing part is that they did a much better job on the more complicated Michael Bay turtles.

You sound like a like a hater to me like many statue collectors. For the price, I feel like prime missed the mark a little too much.

Maybe they did, but the fact is NECAs still look more like hard plastic toys, whereas these look don't. Also like I said before the skin texture is too overdone on NECAs, whereas the skin texture on Primes, although subtle, is the right amount because that's how they looked in the movie.

This.

Compared this.

There's something really off about the faces and that's a real disappointment considering that this is prime 1. The confusing part is that they did a much better job on the more complicated Michael Bay turtles.

I would agree with that.

Last edited:
Why can't we just enjoy both? This has turned into one of those Apple vs Android Internet debates. It's like, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Why can't we just enjoy both? This has turned into one of those Apple vs Android Internet debates. It's like, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Agreed, but it's the NECA collectors that are coming in here saying that the NECA Turtles are better than these. Even if that is true, the NECA Turtles are still plastic toys, and they look like that to, whereas these are polystone statues and don't look like plastic toys, regardless of how "shiny" they look. Thus, for statue collectors, the NECA Turtles are not for them, regardless if they look more realistic and are indeed more accurate. I really don't get why it is important for the NECA collectors to persuade people into thinking that the NECA figures are better than the statues.

Lol who cares about them being plastic toys? I guarantee if you drop the neca and the prime 1 on the floor the prime 1 would break first. It's a high end figure not a plastic toy. And nobody is trying to persuade anybody, this who thread seems like people trying to convince themselves that prime 1 is better for some reason and dissing neca. I only commented cause I disagreed with a post. Not trying to change anyone's mind.

Lol who cares about them being plastic toys? I guarantee if you drop the neca and the prime 1 on the floor the prime 1 would break first. It's a high end figure not a plastic toy. And nobody is trying to persuade anybody, this who thread seems like people trying to convince themselves that prime 1 is better for some reason and dissing neca. I only commented cause I disagreed with a post. Not trying to change anyone's mind.

I dont care about opinions, but it is the Neca posters in this thread that are calling P1 collectors crazy, haters(statue collecters in general are full of hate btw)and now with your last post apparently we're deluding ourselves into thinking P1 is better. I havent seen any of this coming from the P1 side of the fence.

I mean well yea. I barely see neca posters on here. Just comparisons to the prime 1 turtles and how they look so much better. Calling them cheap plastic and how prime 1 is a statue so it's better. But ok. Hey if you like the glossy look thats fine. To me I think the features are off. I just dropped by to see if these were shown at toyfair and saw a bunch of back and forth banter.

Back