Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted on facebook.
It seems to be better . I'll wait for other pictures to decide to cancel or not

75303692_180701906393968_7911091787979030528_o.jpg

Prime 1 have now uploaded a video showing movement of the fabric in the armpit area (as well as boots and arms).

I was sort of hoping they would start from and replicate how it looked in those Chinese collectors’ photos to show that it could be fixed in those exact circumstances. I guess that may be asking a bit too much. But at least it shows it may be possible to fix.

Fingers crossed for everyone who has kept their preorder.

Link please... Nvm I saw the videos. Eased my mind a tad but a couple things I noticed... 1) they still aren't showing the left armpit which is where the main problem is. 2) notice when they are showing the right arm side that the collar area where the cape sits is completely taken apart. I'm pretty sure that part will be glued down when we receive it. To me it seems we are getting fooled a tad. I sure hope that's not the case. I'm very thankful tho for the videos tho helping ease our minds a little. Great work guys.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't see the armpit issue on that other guy's statue being easily fixed just by shifting the fabric around a little. But that could also just be an outlier and not representative of how most statues will end up being.

I think I'm cancelling. Not taking a chance. Disappointed. I guess if it turns out better down the road, I'll try to find one on the aftermarket.

Cancelled. Sorry, I am not adjusting the suit and risk tearing it. Also, who knows if it will stay in that position over time. Really bummed as this was going to be THE Cavill statue for me.

Yeah I don't see the armpit issue on that other guy's statue being easily fixed just by shifting the fabric around a little. But that could also just be an outlier and not representative of how most statues will end up being.

I believe photos from 4 different Chinese collectors with more or less the same armpit issue have been posted to the main Facebook group (and most Chinese collectors I would assume use other sites). So in all likely hood there are a lot more of them out in the wild with the same issues.

Link please... Nvm I saw the videos. Eased my mind a tad but a couple things I noticed... 1) they still aren't showing the left armpit which is where the main problem is. 2) notice when they are showing the right arm side that the collar area where the cape sits is completely taken apart. I'm pretty sure that part will be glued down when we receive it. To me it seems we are getting fooled a tad. I sure hope that's not the case. I'm very thankful tho for the videos tho helping ease our minds a little. Great work guys.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are. It would be the smart play by Prime 1. Just look at the response on the Facebook post. Most are congratulating them, even though it doesn’t specifically show them fixing the armpit area when the issue is as bad as those shown. All it showed is that the material can be moved a ‘bit’.

However it’s been hinted that only a relatively small batch was shipped out, so it’s also possible that Prime 1 may be able to correct the issue somewhat before they start shipping out the bulk of their pieces; but if the statues have already been boxed up...............fingers crossed.

Now that the suit issues have surfaced, I wish they just would have gone ahead and made the statue fully sculpted (except for the cape). Face sculpt looks pretty good overall.

Now that the suit issues have surfaced, I wish they just would have gone ahead and made the statue fully sculpted (except for the cape). Face sculpt looks pretty good overall.
No way. The material they use for this is awesome. Looks so real! I don't remember seeing complaints on the 1/2 scale. Its the pose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I just don't see them being able to duplicate the multilayered look of the costume with just paint alone, and the outfit is what really makes this statue stand out and seem worth getting.

Yeah I just don't see them being able to duplicate the multilayered look of the costume with just paint alone, and the outfit is what really makes this statue stand out and seem worth getting.

Agreed. Not only that, you won’t get the realistic look that the live action suit has just from sculpting. Unlike the Batman suit, Cavill’s suit is layered with a silver (bvs) and chrome (JL) muscle suit with the mesh-like blue suit on top which gives it that metallic look. That’s why the MoS Hot Toys suit (among other things) looks even less screen accurate than the BvS and JL figures, they didn’t paint the body silver on the MoS figure like they did with the later versions.

The fabric boots is a real let-down imo.

Why? The 1/2 scale is pretty much the same....except they were glued down.

Hopefully someone recasts and shrinks down the sculpt like they did with the Arkham Bruce sculpt.

I must admit I found that annoying when I first saw that someone recast that headsculpt for the 1/6 scale figures. It’s not much further to full recasts.

Not sure how to post the pics from Instagram (maybe one of you do) but Owen has repainted this statue top to bottom including the headsculpt. Unfortunately, doesn?t look like he?s done anything about the armpit issue. However, he really brought even more of the likeness out of the sculpt.

Links to the posts:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5my9dJlo6p/?igshid=4lux3u1ol5kt

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5mzEQAlq_8/?igshid=3spfpilizxem

Last edited:
Wow yea it looks awesome. And the left armpit actually looks better than the right for once lol. Wonder how whoever it belongs to go theirs already

Back