Prime 1 Studio - 1:3 Jim Lee 'Hush' Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proportions are off, as the head is too small. Constant issue with Prime 1 - they spend too many hours looking at video game proportions. Hell, the Superman is worse. It's a problem typical of sculptors that lack a classical training. The Jim Lee base illustration is properly proportioned, by the way.

Proportions are off, as the head is too small. Constant issue with Prime 1 - they spend too many hours looking at video game proportions. Hell, the Superman is worse. It's a problem typical of sculptors that lack a classical training. The Jim Lee base illustration is properly proportioned, by the way.

I believe Prime 1 said they’d address Superman’s small head. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd never display the smirking portrait. Don't like the look of a smiling Batman.

He is hardly smiling, its way more sinister looking than that.

Honestly, I doubt I will ever use the other two sculpts. I do not like the look of a Batman that has a gillette subscription and uses too much face product. Hi Alfred, don't wait up I am just having a quick shave then I am off to be Batman....

The smirking sculpt has stubble......and that makes all the difference in the world.

Agree, when you compare it to Lee's drawing the sculpts muscles are huge the nose is bigger, just looks off. Hush is such an awesome book, Lee is incredible and this just didn't bring it.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

Yup - the design was all teed up for Sideshow to make a great statue, but they just had to tinker.

The musculature on the statue blows away the original art, in my opinion. I did NOT want to order this but simply couldn't pass on it. I'm so glad that this one came out as great as it did. Some have mentioned that the head is too small for the body and that may be true (I can't really tell but it is possible) so if that needs to be corrected, I'm hoping that they fix it; maybe the buttock area should also look more like he does squats (it may be a tiny bit too flat - but I could be wrong as I didn't really study the picture). Otherwise...simply love it.

He is hardly smiling, its way more sinister looking than that.

Honestly, I doubt I will ever use the other two sculpts. I do not like the look of a Batman that has a gillette subscription and uses too much face product. Hi Alfred, don't wait up I am just having a quick shave then I am off to be Batman....

The smirking sculpt has stubble......and that makes all the difference in the world.

Again, to each their own. I don't like it and he certainly looks like he's smiling to me.

I guess you could imagine that it is **** Grayson as Batman with the smiling portrait. Just don't see a smiling Batman when Bruce dons the cowl.

Reading this discussion about this so-called "smile" is making me smirk. Calling this a smile is a stretch and I'm sure Batman has grinned at some point. I see it as an exhausted, at wit's end, I'm going to kick your ass and enjoy it look. I, for one, love a slightly unhinged Batman. IMG_0010.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered. I sat on the side lines for most of what feels like the thousand Batman statues that got released over the past few years (including all the P1 Arkham series ones) wishing a Jim Lee version would come out as it's my favorite. As well I only have Deathstroke so I have to have A Batman so this will be the one and I guess I've locked myself in for whenever the Superman one comes out (they have to be together!)

I am going to jump on the waitlist. it will give me time to decide between this or the black version.

Reading this discussion about this so-called "smile" is making me smirk. Calling this a smile is a stretch and I'm sure Batman has grinned at some point. I see it as an exhausted, at wit's end, I'm going to kick your ass and enjoy it look. I, for one, love a slightly unhinged Batman.View attachment 387283

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This pics looks better.

Just pre-ordered and this was one of the easiest pre orders I have ever made. IMO, this is just an absolutely brilliant statue with one of the best poses to date for a Batman statue. This is now my 3rd and likely final 1:3 Batman statue from Prime 1. At this point it really doesn't make any sense for me to order any more. If I purchased any more, I would have to swap out which one's were on display at any given time and that just doesn't make a lot of sense for me when dealing with $1,000 statues. So again, this will likely be my final Batman statue from Prime 1.

Out of interest where did you order from?

$1009 on SS but on Collectibles Direct it's £1035(equivalent to $1421) we always have to pay rip of prices for stuff in this country.
Sideshow man. The exclusive was gonna be £1150 at collectibles direct compared to £740 at Sideshow before shipping, I don’t think there’s gonna be 400 in the shipping and taxes from Sideshow for this thing. I hope.

I remember saying before this was revealed at Tokyo comic con that I wish it came with a smirking head, a few people said they wouldn’t like it and then low and behold a few days later they revealed the smiling sculpt on instagram, now I’m glad to see people think the same as I do, I think there’s something awesomely sinister about a smirking batman, he isn’t smirking because he’s happy is he, my take on it is that he is smirking due to him gaining the upper hand in a fight, or taking a beating and finding an opening, or just landing onto a rooftop about to kick some ass, or he’s just landed on a rooftop and an enemy or catwoman he is chasing has reached a dead end and has nowhere to go and is cornered, or just leaving the rooftop after interrogating a thug for some information, or even leaving a roof after talking to Gordon and leaving him after an awesome conversation about their plans to take down an enemy! Lots of situations that I think the smirking sculpt can suggest to you in in your own imagination. That for me makes it my favourite.

Actually, this could be a really nice statue to have painted in black & white, as long as someone got a really skilled painter to paint it. You don't see many custom jobs done in black & white.

View attachment 387406

since Prime 1 is already going to release a Black version all you would need is someone like John Allred to repaint the Face and Belt.If you wanted to go completely B&W.

Actually, this could be a really nice statue to have painted in black & white, as long as someone got a really skilled painter to paint it. You don't see many custom jobs done in black & white.

View attachment 387406

P1 will probably do a 3rd or 4th variation down the road like the other Batman’s. Maybe 700 of Black/ white version, 500 of a gold version and 500 of a pure snow white version. I definitely wouldn’t count this out. Lol

Back