Prime 1 Studio - 1:3 Jim Lee 'Hush' Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the situation with Prime 1's Economy US Shipping? Is it cheaper overall than through Sideshow? Curious because I received a waitlist conversion and was wondering if it is now better to order directly through Prime 1 given all these issues and complaints coming up regarding the customer service and defective statues?

Sideshow shipping to NY for this was $200. Prime 1 shipping is $166 but with a 1-3 month wait. Unknown yet too if you'd also have to pay import taxes as well.

Sideshow shipping to NY for this was $200. Prime 1 shipping is $166 but with a 1-3 month wait. Unknown yet too if you'd also have to pay import taxes as well.

I think the “1-3 month wait” is essentially the same wait we’ve had through Sideshow. The ship date on SS is always around 3 months later from the ship date straight from P1.

I think the “1-3 month wait” is essentially the same wait we’ve had through Sideshow. The ship date on SS is always around 3 months later from the ship date straight from P1.
Yeah I agree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yep.

It's supposedly about 6 weeks to 2 and a half months after Prime 1 first shipping pieces out directly, so I'm guessing this is where their 1-3 month window comes from. So at the end of the day US collectors will get pieces in approximately the same amount of time, as if it were being shipped from Sideshow. The only differences now is that people in the US will be paying the final balance months prior to receiving the piece, whereas with Sideshow you would get it in about a week after paying the final balance; and now you'll be dealing directly with Prime 1 rather than a middle man, which 'could' be substantially better when dealing with replacement part issues etc.

And I believe all import taxes are included with the shipping cost, but potentially state sales taxes may not be.

This is awesome news.

I just saved $450 on shipping with this new method.

I’ll be ordering mostly from P1. Love their payments, more affordable.

But we still can’t order Transformers products direct though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, seems like Prime 1 website is the better place to order from. Is their customer service better than Sideshow's with respect to replacements if there is any issue? Thinking maybe I shouldn't accept their waitlist conversion and just order directly from P1 since I'm never in any rush to get something? Or should I stand pat and go through with the waitlist conversion?

Similar thing really....I don’t think a lot of US customers are really going to have much to go off of since it’s all just starting.

I am going to GUESS that while they may be a bit more responsive, the process is still going to be long considering where the parts will be coming from.

Similar thing really....I don’t think a lot of US customers are really going to have much to go off of since it’s all just starting.

I am going to GUESS that while they may be a bit more responsive, the process is still going to be long considering where the parts will be coming from.

Are they adding import fees as well after the fact or is that included in the economy shipping price? Do we know what percentage will be import fees? Wondering if those might add up substantially.

Are they adding import fees as well after the fact or is that included in the economy shipping price? Do we know what percentage will be import fees? Wondering if those might add up substantially.

The disclaimer on their website says they are not responsible for import fees. So I don't think we will know until a few people order direct.

The disclaimer on their website says they are not responsible for import fees. So I don't think we will know until a few people order direct.

Copy that. I might stick with Sideshow on this one if they allow me to use reward points on a waitlist conversion order, just in case the import fees are a lot more. Have them, mind as well use them, just hope it won't have the lean as some do and if so, that Sideshow helps deal with it. Hopefully someone ordering directly from P1 to the US can share some information in months time how much it ends up being. Would love to start ordering directly from them.

That's one of the reasons I'd prefer to order from Sideshow. The reward points are very attractive. Also I pay far less on import costs since SS use DHL.

Interesting. Does P1 occasionally send out gifts to it's loyal customers? Or is it only when there's an issue or the packaging is damaged or something? I just saw one of MacCollections reviews and they sent him a batarang which was cool.

Interesting. Does P1 occasionally send out gifts to it's loyal customers? Or is it only when there's an issue or the packaging is damaged or something? I just saw one of MacCollections reviews and they sent him a batarang which was cool.

I got a batarang with my Arkham knight Harley quinn ex. Maybe it's because they knew they were going to heavily discount it a few weeks later haha :mad:

I think it's random as it was my first order but its quite common

They sent me a batarang too with my EX DKR statue.
I think it's random though.

How do Prime 1's reward points compare to Sideshow's?

Prime 1:
The loyalty points can be used up to 20% discount of the total amount for each transaction.

Mine arrived this morning. Thankfully no damage to the statue or packaging...phew!!

My first Prime 1 statue so I'm still in a state of shock at how good these things are :thud:
I wish the cape didn't take up so much room but that's my only complaint. The quality of the sculpt and paint has left me rather stunned. :lol

bat1.jpgbat5.jpgbat7.jpg

Mine arrived this morning. Thankfully no damage to the statue or packaging...phew!!

My first Prime 1 statue so I'm still in a state of shock at how good these things are :thud:
I wish the cape didn't take up so much room but that's my only complaint. The quality of the sculpt and paint has left me rather stunned. :lol

Agreed that the cape is huge and sort of limits the way you can pose the statue but at the same time it is the sheer size of the entire statue, cape included, that makes everything so awesome and something you have to see in person to really appreciate how good it looks.

Back