Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Johnny said in the Prime 1 group. I am wondering will they gonna make a predator line which is going to match their 1/3 alien pieces?
Think the closest we'll get to that are the 1/4 Predators. Or at least the Big Game Cover Art.

Worlds best jigsaw puzzle.

All going well until broken arm...

20230812_154749.jpg

Worlds best jigsaw puzzle.

All going well until broken arm...

Can that be easily glued back together by yourself? (the male/female connection would be is easy enough, but I wasn't sure if the cable broke at the junction or snapped part way along its length?)

Glad the rest appears to be OK so far.

Keep us posted.

Can that be easily glued back together by yourself? (the male/female connection would be is easy enough, but I wasn't sure if the cable broke at the junction or snapped part way along its length?)

Glad the rest appears to be OK so far.

Keep us posted.

Guessing it will be an easy fix. Just got some super glue and will try later.

Detail on this thing is very impressive.

20230812_180708.jpg

20230812_181221.jpg

Yes Johnny said in the Prime 1 group. I am wondering will they gonna make a predator line which is going to match their 1/3 alien pieces?
I was trying to hold out, but seeing as how their Alien 1:3 line had such low edition numbers (even the rerelease), I doubt it. Looks like it didn't sell great, so now I question if P1 will question if it is worth the effort.

I was trying to hold out, but seeing as how their Alien 1:3 line had such low edition numbers (even the rerelease), I doubt it. Looks like it didn't sell great, so now I question if P1 will question if it is worth the effort.
What made them rerelease it in the first place if the sales were low? I’m assuming they regretted the initial ES?

K - I've got confused now (what else is new) . . . what are we talking about here?

The 1/3 Big Chap.

What made them rerelease it in the first place if the sales were low? I’m assuming they regretted the initial ES?
I think the aftermarket hype. Once the ES for the original was revealed and people started getting theirs in, FOMO took over.

The ES on the re-issue isn't huge, but if it sells out, Prime 1 will have more than doubled their sales.

The Dog Alien was extremely popular, but the Big Chap and Warrior had some contentious points. The former had the giant wall (breaking away from the presentation of the others) followed by the controversial reissue. The latter has an obnoxiously huge base and an awkward pose. Both were marketed as "non-scale" which confused some collectors for years after they were announced.

Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but I think a maquette-style Big Chap or Warrior with a clean pose, reasonable base, and clear scale would feel more essential than the dioramas we've gotten so far. The questions are: how many collectors are waiting on a maquette presentation and how many who bought the dioramas would double dip?

Last edited:
The 1/3 Big Chap . . .

But compared to WHAT? - it looked like some of the earlier posts were asking for there to be "Predator" equivalents?

Something about scales (which threw me) since PRIME1 have released Predators AND Aliens in both 1:4 and 1:3 scales?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

But compared to WHAT? - it looked like some of the earlier posts were asking for there to be "Predator" equivalents?

Something about scales (which threw me) since PRIME1 have released Predators AND Aliens in both 1:4 and 1:3 scales?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

No worries, it's definitely a mess. Excluding the wall trophies and Rogue/Queen statues, we've had:

• 1/3 (and non-scale, but still technically 1/3) Premium Masterline Aliens
• 1/4 (and the oversized BGCA) Premium Masterline Predators
• 1/3 Museum Masterline Predators

P1's Director of Project Management Johnny Matsumoto has teased on Facebook that they're working on Alien stuff that can be displayed with the 1/3 Museum Predators.

csutkakoma asked if they'll make Predators that can be displayed with their 1/3 Aliens. I don't know if he meant the existing 1/3 Premium Aliens (in which case the 1/4 Premium Predators -- specifically the oversized BGCA -- would be the best match) or he was making a joke that each new line is inaccurately scaled so they'll keep having to make new Aliens/Predators to accompany them.

What's tricky is the existing 1/3 Premium Aliens are properly sized. So a 1/3 Museum line would require oversizing them a bit.

Color-coded for clarity :lol

Last edited:
No worries, it's definitely a mess. Excluding the wall trophies and Rogue/Queen statues, we've had:

• 1/3 (and non-scale, but still technically 1/3) Premium Masterline Aliens
• 1/4 (and the oversized BGCA) Premium Masterline Predators
• 1/3 Museum Masterline Predators

P1's Director of Project Management Johnny Matsumoto has teased on Facebook that they're working on Alien stuff that can be displayed with the 1/3 Museum Predators.

csutkakoma asked if they'll make Predators that can be displayed with their 1/3 Aliens. I don't know if he meant the existing 1/3 Premium Aliens (in which case the 1/4 Premium Predators -- specifically the oversized BGCA -- would be the best match) or he was making a joke that each new line is inaccurately scaled so they'll keep having to make new Aliens/Predators to accompany them.

What's tricky is the existing 1/3 Premium Aliens are properly sized. So a 1/3 Museum line would require oversizing them a bit.

Color-coded for clarity :lol

I didn't know about the JM Facebook bit (not that it takes a lot to confuse me!)
Thanks bud - really appreciate the time you spent explaining that! (LOL on the colour coding bit - and it helped!) :clap :duff :hi5:

Myself, I can't see them creating new Aliens OR Predators that they have already released in 1:3 or "a bit bigger than 1:3" just to get scales to match. I wouldn't have thought that folks would be interested in paying the associated prices just for a different pose and a few inches difference? (for clarity - I'm talking about statues here, not Pamela Anderson).

Back