Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about moducase myself but have never looked into their products as of yet. That’s their biggest I take it?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Im on an iPad and I’m awful with it.
Moducase also does custom dimensions. Not sure on the cost, but the 150 was the closest I could find that also matches/aligns well with their 140.

If anything, uscmhicks gave them the idea. :rotfl
tenor.gif

Decided to PO through CD, knowing my luck if I went direct the shipping would sky rocket and I'd get the 20% tax.
Hoping I have no interest in anything else this expensive in the future though, can't imagine prices 5 years from now

Decided to PO through CD, knowing my luck if I went direct the shipping would sky rocket and I'd get the 20% tax.
Hoping I have no interest in anything else this expensive in the future though, can't imagine prices 5 years from now
Congrats! DX or Reg? Payment plan?
The Reg is pretty good value there, DX is overpriced.

Don't understand payment options as I've only ever paid in full. Not dropping this much to save £30.
How do I do the 10% now and rest on them receiving it?

Last edited:

Don't understand payment options as I've only ever paid in full. Not dropping this much to save £30.
Thanks! DX, I think that unmasked portrait is the best one which I'll display 90% of the time (unless they do end up throwing in a closed mouth too) so it pushed me to go for that one.
Same I've always paid in full but this time done payment plan, from the looks of it you can just pay 10% now and then the rest can be once they have it in stock ready to ship. Or you can manually pay off in random amounts any time between then if you want to break it up

Thanks! DX, I think that unmasked portrait is the best one which I'll display 90% of the time (unless they do end up throwing in a closed mouth too) so it pushed me to go for that one.
Same I've always paid in full but this time done payment plan, from the looks of it you can just pay 10% now and then the rest can be once they have it in stock ready to ship. Or you can manually pay off in random amounts any time between then if you want to break it up
There's a good 2 years to pay it off anyway.

I tend to pay a small amount off monthly for my orders when they are a year or two away from release with CD. By the time they arrive I feel like I haven’t paid for them most of the time. I just do a bit of moving around and consider it a monthly bill of sorts.

Anyone know the measurements of the Cinemaquette and the size of the base? Just trying to visualize a space for this one.

Upgraded to the DX. Really need that loose bio mask. I'll find a way to use the classic portrait.

Not going to risk even the slightest disappointment of wanting the missing pieces after 2-3 year wait lol.

Do people think this is worth it for an investment piece? Considering buying another for investment purposes
Got to take into account shipping and taxes which will eat into prices. If reselling local, given our small population, it could be hit or miss.

1/4 scale would also have absorbed a good number of fans (though some may get the itch and sell to 'upgrade' in future). We also don't know the final ES of the 1/3.

That said, this one is 90cm tall, at 1/2.6 scale, the biggest official pred statue of all. It'll be unique with all features and swap outs. The price for us in oz being around $2950 USD (DX) in today's currency, is decent and lower than the official price.

Long story short, too many variables, betting on it now would be gambling imo

Do people think this is worth it for an investment piece? Considering buying another for investment purposes
I honestly think the 1/4 City Hunter is better for investment. It's arguably the best mass-market CH out there, the ES is small, and the MSRP is low enough that it can stand to appreciate a fair bit without scaring off future buyers.

Even if Prime 1 nails the 1/3 version, its significantly higher price will likely create a ceiling for the kind of profits you can make -- to say nothing of shipping and taxes on your end.

I'll also ditto Dundee's point about it being too early to tell now. This JH could turn out to be a disaster, whereas the quality of the 1/4 CH is at least known.

I honestly think the 1/4 City Hunter is better for investment. It's arguably the best mass-market CH out there, the ES is small, and the MSRP is low enough that it can stand to appreciate a fair bit without scaring off future buyers.

Even if Prime 1 nails the 1/3 version, its significantly higher price will likely create a ceiling for the kind of profits you can make -- to say nothing of shipping and taxes on your end.

I'll also ditto Dundee's point about it being too early to tell now. This JH could turn out to be a disaster, whereas the quality of the 1/4 CH is at least known.
Well I have 1/4 CH right now, and will have it for a few years atleast so here hoping it gets me some dough for the 1/3 CH they release

Youll never lose money on it, but I'd doubt you'd make as much as the old days. Honestly most people ( imo) are going to tap out at 4-5 grand ( + ridiculous shipping on top) and this is already at that space retail. Then you've got to post multiple big boxes , plus you've got to order the DX ( since that'll be the coin).

Too risky. Unless you're absolutely floating in cash 😂

Casual collectors and even seasoned collectors can't afford it now. Given the likely decreased ES on this I can't see people looking to pay more for it in a few years time.

How many companies have the Predator license now? There seems to be lots of options out there at the moment.

Investing in polystone? You guys! :lol

Those days are long gone. Low ES sold out in the first hour of PO.
I remember it well...
Those days were hectic. Pretty darn rare now. Only one I can think of recently is JND 1/3 wonder woman.

Just measured the CM's base as requested and its 65cm wide x 55CM deep (including nameplate).

Also, what are peoples thoughts on the likelihood we'll see a 1/3 Dutch from Prime 1? Would legit sell my CM to make room for a good 1/3 Dutch

Back