Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bio portrait must be removable to insert batteries. Surely that could be laid on the base making the extra loose Bio redundant.
Good thinking. It was removable on the 1/4, but maybe Prime 1 anticipates this move. The 1/3 helmet could have part of the jaw attached or something to discourage separate use...

I'm about to pull the trigger on the DX from CD and the only thing stopping me is waiting to see if sideshow get it. I have some points I can you use.

I can't imagine a 999 DX edition size will actually happen. I'm sure they will readjust based on number of POs similar to their Big Chap.

I think they are unofficially taking a similar approach as XM. Not necessarily MTO, but have it in their mind from the start they won't exceed the 999 ES and will adjust.

Financially, I have a hard time thinking these companies will hold strong to a set ES this early on. XM tried the 999 ES on their Marvel line when they hit the scene and had to change because the hyped died down. Same with why we don't know the ES from Sideshow when something first goes up for PO.

I can't imagine a 999 DX edition size will actually happen. I'm sure they will readjust based on number of POs similar to their Big Chap.

I think they are unofficially taking a similar approach as XM. Not necessarily MTO, but have it in their mind from the start they won't exceed the 999 ES and will adjust.

Financially, I have a hard time thinking these companies will hold strong to a set ES this early on. XM tried the 999 ES on their Marvel line when they hit the scene and had to change because the hyped died down. Same with why we don't know the ES from Sideshow when something first goes up for PO.
Given the popularity of the character I would have thought an ES of 999 would be achievable? Will the ES of the regular exceed 999?

Unlikely, but who knows........:)
LP7Ibj_GgqMZzjiElOlFD5zz5poV1ZuPqRp6EnI5ONANcqBcwuT3UfhyjSKBJP4i3X5HWEKun-DgFGqIyYRImwOoO4LRh8DvF1wJ8niHuM3qf5s

Given the popularity of the character I would have thought an ES of 999 would be achievable? Will the ES of the regular exceed 999?

It is indeed popular, but many of us here are more towards the hardcore end of that fanbase, and even we're all struggling trying to justify that cost to ourselves. I can't see too many casual fans stumping up $3-5k for any statue, we're all just a little mad. I suspect that the reg will have a smaller run than he DX, and that the DX will have it's ES cut by quite a big chunk in a year or so. Given the high cost, I reckon it might even be cut in half... 500 DX, 450 reg is my guess.

All of that said, my opinion is formed as a UK resident facing huge amounts of added taxes etc as usual ($5k+ total for me) So may be warped due to that. If I could get this to my door for $3.5k, I wouldn't even hesitate.

It is indeed popular, but many of us here are more towards the hardcore end of that fanbase, and even we're all struggling trying to justify that cost to ourselves. I can't see too many casual fans stumping up $3-5k for any statue, we're all just a little mad. I suspect that the reg will have a smaller run than he DX, and that the DX will have it's ES cut by quite a big chunk in a year or so. Given the high cost, I reckon it might even be cut in half... 500 DX, 450 reg is my guess.

All of that said, my opinion is formed as a UK resident facing huge amounts of added taxes etc as usual ($5k+ total for me) So may be warped due to that. If I could get this to my door for $3.5k, I wouldn't even hesitate.
Agree. I think combined reg and DX will be no more than 1000 give or take a hundred. Prob end up selling around 600 before the product is ultimately discontinued (most statues never reach their ES in sales).

Last edited:
I always go back to it but PCS selling only 150 of their 1/3 Goro not long ago was great to see and it’s an amazing statue. I miss the days of low ES statues. Not for the potential secondary market value either, it’s just nice to think these things are actually rather exclusive considering the price.

Col, I can’t figure out how to quote correctly on an iPad I’m using but I used collectibles direct to purchase this, I’m assuming thats Lee. I’ve never actually spoken to him but I’ve used their store several times.

In regards to the bio being removable and displayable I sure hope you’re right!

Agree. I think combined reg and DX will be no more than 1000 give or take a hundred. Prob end up selling around 600 before the product is ultimately discontinued (most statues never reach their ES in sales).

Yeah, 1000 total seems like a nice rounded number for this. The big chap ended up with only 450 total over three different versions. And that had the same issue as this in that it was awesome, lots of us want it, but the price is pretty high. Maybe we've finally reached the limit.

In regards to the bio being removable and displayable I sure hope you’re right!

I can't quite figure out the loose bio option either, I think all Prime 1 predators (with a functional LED) have removable bios so far, it's a great option. The City hunter does. The only thing I can think is that the DX version might have an added magnet in the base to hold it securely or something.

I hope the biomask portrait can be removed and placed on the base without any obstruction from it's circuits and pegs. It's a crucial piece and prime 1 knew exactly what they were doing in making it exclusive to only the DX version. Biggest bull$!t since Dillons spin on the cabinet minister!

Highly doubt the mask comes off. Even if it did it wouldn't sit flush on the base otherwise the bonus piece is redundant.

Highly doubt the mask comes off. Even if it did it wouldn't sit flush on the base otherwise the bonus piece is redundant.
It's all speculation but how else can you insert the batteries?

After a weekend debating with myself I think I'm going with the Reg from CDUK.
Money saved would go towards the P2. Hope that Reg isn't missing any 'must have' extras.
Surprised they're only knocking of £30 for upfront payment. Need to look into the other options.
Pay 10% and the rest when instock? £2.5K better in my account for 18 months than saving £30.

Attachments

• y6xgIWq.jpg
    y6xgIWq.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 39
“Placeable Predator’s Bio Mask on the base”
That's the extra DX piece. I speculated whether the standard masked portrait would be detachable to insert batteries, like the 1:4 is (see above picture), making the DX piece unnecessary.
I doubt they would do it that way but who know...

I think this impacts a larger number of potential buyers than most would think. I feel Predator and Alien collectors are more well-spread around the world. We've been spoiled here in the US. My only justification for ordering this was being able to rollover my 1:4 deposit and the cheap shipping. Even with that, it's still a very tough pill to swallow.

On an unrelated note, anyone looking into display options? I was looking at the Moducase max150, but when double checking the dimensions, looks like the width of the case will be .35 inches too short.

I asked them about the bio on Instagram. They saw the message and chose to ignore me. Whether it was a language issue or something I don’t know. Hopefully I’ve caught them out and they don’t want to admit it detaches and is displayable. Wishful thinking I’m sure. 😂

Either way I’m not worried. We could always get one made up with a much cheaper difference in price than moving up to the next level.

I think this impacts a larger number of potential buyers than most would think. I feel Predator and Alien collectors are more well-spread around the world. We've been spoiled here in the US. My only justification for ordering this was being able to rollover my 1:4 deposit and the cheap shipping. Even with that, it's still a very tough pill to swallow.

On an unrelated note, anyone looking into display options? I was looking at the Moducase max150, but when double checking the dimensions, looks like the width of the case will be .35 inches too short.

I was thinking about moducase myself but have never looked into their products as of yet. That’s their biggest I take it?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Im on an iPad and I’m awful with it.

I asked them about the bio on Instagram. They saw the message and chose to ignore me. Whether it was a language issue or something I don’t know. Hopefully I’ve caught them out and they don’t want to admit it detaches and is displayable. Wishful thinking I’m sure. 😂

Either way I’m not worried. We could always get one made up with a much cheaper difference in price than moving up to the next level.
Prime 1 are currently reengineerig the masked Bio to stop it being placed on the base :lol

Back