Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I came home from work with lots to read. Price is too much imo, I expected the DX to be about what the reg is. But it is undoubtedly awesome! And it's so nice to see that Prim 1 actually listened to a few things. You're all very welcome for picky gits like me. Really happy that they have smoothed out those wrinkles, hopefully they will do the same to the legs.

Now to decide whether to cancel my 1/4 version and put it towards this monster...

Well, I came home from work with lots to read. Price is too much imo, I expected the DX to be about what the reg is. But it is undoubtedly awesome! And it's so nice to see that Prim 1 actually listened to a few things. You're all very welcome for picky gits like me. Really happy that they have smoothed out those wrinkles, hopefully they will do the same to the legs.

Now to decide whether to cancel my 1/4 version and put it towards this monster...
Go for this. :naughty

Go for this. :naughty

Yeah, I just looked through all of the pictures properly, I actually really like the 1/4, but this thing is next level awesome! This would be the centrepiece for life I think. But it's so expensive! I'll have to work it all out tomorrow once the full costs are revealed. Fortunately there is no reason to rush to pre order.

Yeah, I just looked through all of the pictures properly, I actually really like the 1/4, but this thing is next level awesome! This would be the centrepiece for life I think. But it's so expensive! I'll have to work it all out tomorrow once the full costs are revealed. Fortunately there is no reason to rush to pre order.
Let me know when you get it and I'll pop round for a cuppa and look at this in person...:date:wave:lol

I realized that the standard comes with open and fist hands, but the DX/Prime 1 exclusive comes with an additional set of fist hands with the proper thumbs-out pose (a throwback to the suit which couldn't properly close its hands due to the claws).

mmpr-01dx_a0005_bonus.jpg

Why not just include the thumbs-out fists with the standard and nix the other fists entirely? They're not accurate to begin with. I'm surprised they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for accessories like this when they've completely missed the most obvious ones: a closed-mouth portrait and a trophy hand.

I'm happy for those that love this, but the 1:4 + victim is plenty for me (even with it's flaws and the fact I don't have it in-hand yet). At 3k, lordt knows how much in shipping (for those that have been complaining thus far about prices prepare thyselves) and a factory paint app (you should probably lower expectations now) this doesn't lure me in. Honestly the last additional factor for me is weight. This this is ridiculously heavy and I no idea where I'd put it.

Will be interesting to see if DX will be exclusive to Prime 1 online store or it will be made available through select retailers… @Python are you eyeing regular or DX version??

Same here. It'll still be pricey but still better than directly ordering from P1 due to shipping cost.

Will you consider DX or leaning towards Reg?
Im eying the DX. Hoping sugo or popcultcha get him. Gonna be hard asf to justify otherwise. Shipping will more than likely be over $1Kusd for this guy from Prime 1

Imo this is from the actual movie and the proper representation of the character. So go for this one.

This will be my first Predator statue and only Predator statue so I am going all in DX style. I am not really one for swap outs or little pieces to put around a statue but everything included with this are things that will really bring this statue to life and tell the story we love.

Im eying the DX. Hoping sugo or popcultcha get him. Gonna be hard asf to justify otherwise. Shipping will more than likely be over $1Kusd for this guy from Prime 1
Nice. Let's hope they (Sugo or pop) price it like Godzilla vs Kong Diorama, though the 1/4 scale pred was way overpriced at exactly double USD.

If the locals don't stock this than I may pass as 3 boxes would be a minimum 1k USD.

Nice. Let's hope they (Sugo or pop) price it like Godzilla vs Kong Diorama, though the 1/4 scale pred was way overpriced at exactly double USD.

If the locals don't stock this than I may pass as 3 boxes would be a minimum 1k USD.
Yeah im praying that the price it like Godzilla. And who knows, if we're lucky Popcultcha might get it. Would definitely grab it there if possible

I've heard that stateside, it's better to order direct from Prime 1, regardless of (economy) shipping, because it still comes out cheaper than paying taxes and shipping from Sideshow. Is that true?

I've heard that stateside, it's better to order direct from Prime 1, regardless of (economy) shipping, because it still comes out cheaper than paying taxes and shipping from Sideshow. Is that true?
Often times, yes. With the main variables being price vs. size/weight and how many boxes.

It is always the exact same thing.

It's too fat, too skinny, too this and too that.

It looks almost if not identical to the original actor. That is exactly why in the movie at some angles he looks skinnier that when you see him standing in the parking lot.

Angles matter. We all look different at different angles, so do our cars and just about any object.

The only statues that do not suffer this typically are Transformers.

Anyone that keeps imagining the Predator was skinny is wrong. He was not.

The actor has a narrow shape but in the suit the legs were large as any screenshot shows and he was not sporting a 6 pack. The Pred literally looks just like the statue. In the film though there are no many clean shots to show it and the angles make him appear thinner than he is.

I looked at so many photos and that is just the way it is. In later films the Predators look to be thinner and I am sure that has to do with better production of suits. They were just looking thinner and more form fitting.

In the end that is why some see him too fat and then saw Sideshows too skinny. He is the right size for sure. That suit made a thin guy look less thin.

As far as buying it, yes I would but Prime 1 I thought said they were getting a state side distribution center of their own. I swear I offered to run one for them like 50 times. Just get me a huge secured warehouse and lets get supplying all of the collectors at a decent shipping cost already.

V

Back