Prime 1 OPTIMUS PRIME (Ultimate Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate you respecting my view despite it not being in accord with yours, I rarely see this.

I understand SS' website states its sold out, but I doubt SS or Prime 1 sold out the entire edition size. ES for EX was 888 and regular was 1500 for $2,000 plus taxes & shipping and gosh even custom fees depending on where you live. Based on the number of pre-orders received Prime 1 might not even ran the entire edition size for the Ultimate edition.

Another thing....The market it saturated with statues and Prime 1 has also saturated the market with various Optimus Prime statues that cost an excess of $1,500. There is only so much money to go around in our tiny community.

It still sold out though.
But I respect what you're saying.

Last edited:
I appreciate you respecting my view despite it not being in accord with yours, I rarely see this.

I understand SS' website states its sold out, but I doubt SS or Prime 1 sold out the entire edition size. ES for EX was 888 and regular was 1500 for $2,000 plus taxes & shipping and gosh even custom fees depending on where you live. Based on the number of pre-orders received Prime 1 might not even ran the entire edition size for the Ultimate edition.

Another thing....The market it saturated with statues and Prime 1 has also saturated the market with various Optimus Prime statues that cost an excess of $1,500. There is only so much money to go around in our tiny community.

Just like SS Trinity

EX is now marked as "Sold Out" on Sideshow website. Still hoping for a conversion of one of my waitlists :pray: ...

Has anyone bought this Ultimate edition, exclusive or regular?

Pretty quiet thread compared to the DOTM prime 1 optimus.

Did this not sell well?

Sideshow website still has it available on pre-order for $1999.

anyone please post pics and your opinions of it

I posted in the DOTM thread:
I got it about 2 months ago. First Prime 1 statue and I love it. The knight version is really great due to the pose, but you miss so much détails on the piece.

I have another job and don't have the time to post on forums now, but I'll try to post pictures of mine.

I had to pass on DOTM Optimus (and with time, I prefer the evasion mode Optimus Prime we saw in AOE) and Grimlock due to space, kids, holidays, but I am really happy to have managed to get this impressive piece of art.

I am sure there will be a TLK Megatron Version to pair with it one day.

Hi guys, haven't posted here in quite a while but I just wanted to let you know of a very recent experience I had (and am still having) with a newly acquired PRIME 1 Ultimate Edition Optimus Prime...and it's not great..

I was thrilled a month or so back when I was informed by Sideshow that my waitlist for this statue was going to convert. It arrived about 10 days ago and I finally got time to open it last Monday. The boxes were pretty roughed up, but nothing to indicate any trauma to the statue.

I opened the box containing the base first, and no problems there. I began opening the second box and removing the parts and immediately saw a part broken off of one of the legs. It broke off right through an area with the red and blue flames. I could probably glue it back together but the seam would be very noticeable. The broken part was, however, ONE small problem compared to rest.

I started to try and assemble the statue as I inspected the remaining parts. First problem I found was that the right foot would not fit onto the block on the base. It would go about half way down and then bind, with the bottom of the foot about and inch off the base. I then proceeded to try and fit the rest of the pieces...

The top of the right leg was the same, it would go about half was in then get stuck. That was enough for me, I immediately called Sideshow, filled out the form and sent pictures. They were very helpful and said they will contact Prime 1 to see if a replacement statue or parts are available. Since they said it would be about 6 to 8 weeks before I'd have an answer, I figured I'd check out the fit of the rest of the statue.

NONE of the four arms fit into the shoulder holes. NONE. The sword doesn't fit fully on EITHER handle. The two shoulder "pads" would fit if I forced them enough. I could work on the other parts to make them fit, but frankly, for the price of this statue, everything should be PERFECT.

The final issue was I noticed that the the tip of the shield mount peg was broken off and I couldn't find it...until I looked into the mounting hole on the arm. There it was, held to the bottom of the opening by the magnet. Since I had never placed the shield into that opening, it had to have been done by someone else. Which leads me to believe that this statue was possibly returned and then re-shipped. That might explain why my waitlist converted, but I can't be sure.

I have MANY other Prime 1 statues and none of them ever had any problems like this.

Actually considering returning the whole thing...

Well, thanks for letting me vent...

Attachments

• InkedDSCN8187_LI.jpg
    InkedDSCN8187_LI.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 74
  • InkedDSCN8191_LI.jpg
    InkedDSCN8191_LI.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 73
  • InkedDSCN8192_LI.jpg
    InkedDSCN8192_LI.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 75
There's a new Prime coming out.
I'd simply return the car wreck you have now and get a fresh one from The Last Knight. At the price you paid, anything less would simply mean that you've been cheated.

Return that. WAY too expensive for that many problems. Not acceptable.

That sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear.

My megatron paint seem to be meltin too. It feels sticky and if i touch n rub my hand. I can see my fingerprint on the paint n some paint smear off on my hand. Quiet dissapointing for such a pricey statue

Really? Have you kept it under a controlled environment? This is very unusual with the paint quality used in the process...I mean it can happen but the heat must be high serious for it to start melting.

My megatron paint seem to be meltin too. It feels sticky and if i touch n rub my hand. I can see my fingerprint on the paint n some paint smear off on my hand. Quiet dissapointing for such a pricey statue

I live in tropic nation. Room temperature about 26-30c. My other statues no problem. Only this one.

Yeah, I also live in the tropics but this sort of thing has never happened to me...Sometimes the walls get hot, I separate all the statues from the walls to avoid an accident like yours...I would not know what else to say here in regards to this other that I am sorry that this happened to your Megatron statue.

I live in tropic nation. Room temperature about 26-30c. My other statues no problem. Only this one.

Omg WHAT!? :slap

Worst part is problem occurs say one or two yr later. And no way they will handle our complaints

So here's the latest...

Without going back into crazy detail, it arrived over a month ago with a broken off part, and a damaged peg (which I repaired).
It was also impossible to fit the leg onto the base completely or to fit ANY of the arms into their sockets completely.
I immediately contacted Sideshow who then contacted Prime 1.

After almost a month, Prime 1’s response was to “sandpaper the parts that don’t fit” and NO mention of the broken part...because someone at Sideshow failed to send THOSE photos on to Prime 1.

Do you believe that? I spent 2 thousand dollars for this statue, not to mention thousands more with Prime 1 and they tell me that I should fix it.

Don’t get me wrong, up until now, ALL of my other Prime 1 statues have been close to flawless. This is the first problem I’ve had with anything from them.

So much time passed with no resolution that upon contacting my credit card company they suggested that disputing the charge might speed things up!
No chance. Why you may ask?

Because today I find out that my Sideshow account has be deactivated!

Yup, with all of the thousands of dollars I spend and have spent at Sideshow, they just shut off my account. How’s that for good customer relations.

At this point, all I want from Prime 1 is a replacement left leg...that’s it. I’ll repair all the other crap that’s wrong myself. If that doesn’t happen , this nightmare is going back.

I have to say that I am surprised and disappointed at Prime 1’s lack of customer service here. I realize that I have been going through a middleman , (Sideshow) but after all this time I kind of thought Prime 1 would have remedied these issues, instead of letting me do it with SANDPAPER and GLUE.

I hope someone at Prime 1 see’s this and does something, but at this point, I’m not optimistic.

Back