Prime 1 Legend of the Dark Knight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree.

Legends of the Dark Knight (the comic) took many forms..
Interesting they went this route.

But I think they are attempting to shut down XM.

;)

XM only did a Samurai take on Batman because they weren't allowed to do Batman himself. If XM was able to do a regular Batman, then they would never have gone the route they went. Their Rising Sun Batman is basically their loophole around being able to produce a Batman themed line. Prime 1 is doing every type of Batman and then some...and then some more. While I don't doubt that they pay attention (and likely admire) what one another are doing, I highly doubt that the reason they're making this take on Batman is the feeling that they need to compete with XM.

I'm not arguing that it's not a cool idea. I'm eager to see how it plays out, even though I can't see myself ever ordering it due to space/money,etc...I'm just saying it's silly to think this has anything to do with XM on any level.

How about they skip this one and get to work on Christopher Reeve Superman instead?

:lol I'm sure it'll pop up soon, my man! I'd be shocked -- after doing so many takes on the characters and already jumping into BvS -- if they didn't have one on deck in the next year or so! Reeve is still hugely popular as the character, and with people itching for a great take on him, I'm sure Prime 1 will eagerly oblige!

I agree. From a business standpoint is a thousand times safer to throw in an original take on Batman when you're producing already a ton of mainstream version of the character, than buying a license that solely allows you to make original takes on the character. I don't think they're trying to compete with XM, they probably just saw in the last couple weeks how successful the XM piece has been (despite the initial doubts) and thought they could have their share by doing their own take.
What we're seeing here is a cool sketch, but still something that takes only a few hours do be drawn, for what we know they could have come up with it overnight. And they already confirmed on Facebook that this is still a bit far away before sculpting and production. I think it's their way to let people know they're working on an original Batman too since some people expressed interest in the XM one but can't purchase it.

Still waiting on a good Batman that is the opposite of mix-media that is SSC's. Maybe that Jim Lee version will debut any sec now.

I was just kidding.

I do partially agree with the mindset that any awesome version of Batman would sell well for either XM or Prime1. But I do hear a lot of collectors say things like "I don't know the character (meaning version from say from Noel or whatever) and they say they'd pass. A lot of people don't seem too into the Batman Beyond because it's not the comic version...but to me I see it and go...that's an awesome looking Batman related statue. I want it. Same with the Arkham Knight/Red Hood . I love the look and want them. I haven't played the game but did after seeing the statues checked youtube for scenes with him. He's kind of annoying honestly....but Prime 1 made him look so awesome. I don't even care. :)

The more great choices the better...and if they keep pushing each other to make better product...we'll all win.

I just hope their production teams can handle the workload and keep the quality up.

That's the key.

^
I noticed the same thing and I seriously hope that P1 just took inspiration from Nefzen's Viking Batman. I know he's been trying for years now to produce but it's pretty much impossible to cast, and recently he said that a company was taking over the project. I'd love for it to stay the Viking Bat and not turn into medieval Bat.

I was just kidding.

I do partially agree with the mindset that any awesome version of Batman would sell well for either XM or Prime1. But I do hear a lot of collectors say things like "I don't know the character (meaning version from say from Noel or whatever) and they say they'd pass. A lot of people don't seem too into the Batman Beyond because it's not the comic version...but to me I see it and go...that's an awesome looking Batman related statue. I want it. Same with the Arkham Knight/Red Hood . I love the look and want them. I haven't played the game but did after seeing the statues checked youtube for scenes with him. He's kind of annoying honestly....but Prime 1 made him look so awesome. I don't even care. :)

The more great choices the better...and if they keep pushing each other to make better product...we'll all win.

I just hope their production teams can handle the workload and keep the quality up.

That's the key.

I got the opposite impression, the P1 Batman Beyond was incredibly successful given how niche is his comics counterpart. The reception from the crowd was astounding, even moreso considering that his videogame design is quite far from the unique touches he has in the comic. It kinda proves that people are willing to buy whatever looks cool, as BurningRage pointed out (nothing wrong in it btw - I've got my share of stuff bought for coolness factor).

I don't see how Prime 1 going to deliver on this kind of output. Look at all the product threads in this statue section alone? That's alot of releases. I'd be surprised if most of them didn't get scrapped. I'm actually shocked that people on here aren't bringing this up on the forums.

Oh my God that is amazing!!! Wow. It tells a story just like that and you just wonder what got that character to that place. Thanks for sharing. I need to Google more pics of that piece.

It's quicker if you just search Caleb Nefzen - either Facebook or ArtStation :) he's the sculptor, has hi-res pics

Cool thank you I will.

And I agree with the poster above yours. Prime1 better have a huge group of magic elves to produce all this stuff. It's one thing cranking out ZBrush sculpts and nice looking prototypes. They are going nuts with product. :)

This will be a really interesting 2 years watching all this go down. I am for sure getting two of the 1/3 scale figures and maybe more. I have to be picky because I'm not sure what's coming down the pipe for them. Also I have a limited budget and limited space to display.

I don't see how Prime 1 going to deliver on this kind of output. Look at all the product threads in this statue section alone? That's alot of releases. I'd be surprised if most of them didn't get scrapped. I'm actually shocked that people on here aren't bringing this up on the forums.

I mentioned it in another thread but P1 seems to have an incredible amount of resources at their disposal. most of their statues haven't even sold out but they've been buying major licenses at a steady rate like it was nothing. I'm curious too about how they'll manage the output.

Back