Statue Prime 1 Kong Skull Island License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How-you-really-feel.jpg

Oh what the hell......Just ordered the deluxe version

I really loved this movie. I missed it theaters, unfortunately; however, when it came out for rental I picked it up out of the gate. I put it on around 1am or so, and by the time it was done at 3am, I was just so full of energy. I had a smile on my face the entire time. Sure Tom Hiddleston's and Brie Larson's characters could've used some more depth and an actual arc of sorts, but what they did get right was the monsters -- and if I had to choose, I'd rather that part get perfected above all else.

Kong being shown in his entirety, and as a force to be reckoned with almost right out of the gate was awesome. The endless waves of various, interesting monsters living on Skull Island was fantastic. I just wanted more and more to keep appearing. Some were threats, others were accidental threats, and others docile. As a whole though, it was just so much fun to watch come to life. The story itself was fun, and a nice setup to the world of monsters being created. It also had a nice mix of well timed comedy, as well.

I mean, it was just a really, really fun movie that definitely made Kong look like a badass. And the fight portrayed by Prime 1 here that saw Kong face off against the mother Skullcrawler was epic in scope! I loved just how much care was put into the digital creation of the world around this battle. The water effects are especially amazing, as you see the two just rolling around in this body of water, and it reacting perfectly to them. Just top notch fun!

I'm running out of room, so if I do bite the bullet on this one, it'll probably be my last statue. It's just so awesome though. It's easy to see statues these days and go, "Ah, that's a nice statue." But to get that sense of, "Oh wow, I'd love to own this...this is a piece I'd love to walk in and see daily," is a rare feeling -- for me, at least -- and one that lets me know what pieces I should chase in this expensive age of collecting.

If I do pick it up, I'll dump my remaining RP into it to clear me out there. I'll just be going for the regular. The EX hand is nice...I'd love to have that; but the two alternate headsculpts aren't necessary for me. I'd be spending an extra $250+ CDN for a hand, as the two headsculpts would just stay in the box. The roaring headsculpt is the perfect fit for the scene, as Kong is just INCREDIBLY angry at this point in the movie, and doesn't want to be f'd with anymore. :lol As for the propeller being on the ground in the regular piece, well that's fine...this exact moment doesn't really happen anyway. He never holds the Skullcrawler up while holding the propeller either, so it's sort of a mix of various parts of the fight put into statue form to best represent the scene as a whole...so him about to yank up the propeller from the wreckage works just fine for me.

I did find some more shots from the Prime 1 page, I believe. I saved them back when they were being shown and haven't had a chance to post them here. Some give off a good indication of the size of the piece, which is always nice to have. Big thumbs up to Prime 1 though with this one! Love the detail on both Kong and the Skullcrawler...such great sculpting!

kong1.jpg

kong2.jpg

kong3.jpg

kong4.jpg

kong5.jpg

kong6.jpg

kong7.jpg

kong8.jpg

sideshow shipping shows this now for jan-feb 2019 did anyone get notice of early shipping

Don't expect this piece too much, was told that the something terrible happened during the production, the result came out bad as well.

No updates on the rework of this guy yet? My flex payment hasn't been delayed yet this month....

Back