Prime 1 - Independence day: Resurgence Alien soldier.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you, it's the same kind of price as the average Predator maquette from SSC with a greater size and much lower ES. I suspect if it were branded from the first movie, it would have sold much quicker. I personally like the other version they teased without the weapon in hand. If that one goes up at a similar price & ES, I'll be very tempted.

Agreed.

I take some of what I said back, the more I look at this soldier version, the more I'd quite like one. I'm not sure if we'll see the unarmed version given the low ES on this? I'm sure it would look awesome next to the 1:1 bust. I'm half tempted to shift a few orders around and see if I can manage, not sure I can though as I'm saving as much money as possible for other reasons. We'll see...

Initially I was thinking about holding off to see what the size was for the unarmed version as I was also leaning a bit towards unarmed but I think with the gun makes this piece a bit more interesting and complete.

Unarmed looks cool too, but to me it seems like something is missing from it... that it looks a little too sterile just standing there. Besides if what someone said earlier is true and its a smaller size then I definately want the bigger armed version. Besides with a 150 es I didnt want it to sell out before I got to it :)

Relatively speaking the bust I think is also a good price considering today's market prices and I jumped on that too.

Not sure I have enough room for these two to be displayed together , though I'd like to, but I'll figure that out later (which I literally say about almost every single piece I order!)

Interested to see the unarmed version and know the official size, but I think I'll stick with this version.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I don't know how accurate the info is but on the other forum (post 29 there) someone mentioned that they announced on fb that the unarmed would be smaller. Didn't look it up on fb so can't confirm.

I just had a look, interestingly, the ES on this was 350 in their announcement, not sure if that was a mistype, or they lowered it.

Also, I found this, it would appear to be just as large...

mABu6pk.jpg

GFpJ2SQ.jpg

Nice find on these pics!

Yes you're right, they do seem to be the same size, bust is 32" and it looks like its the exact same height!

and the unarmed does look really good too....

hmmm...let me do a side by side pic to see which one I like best....

Just realized these pics were on your first post, I must have totally missed that somehow!

Looking at them together I think I still like the armed version better...I'm going to stick with it.

I added them to the first post yesterday, I try to keep opening posts up to date so it's easier to find all of the good stuff. I think I prefer the unarmed, but really like both.

Good on updating the first post, hate sifting through threads when they get too long to look for pic updates!

Whenever this gets in, this will be my first piece with posable appendages (tentacles), have any experience with them, think they will last as long as the statue?

Whenever this gets in, this will be my first piece with posable appendages (tentacles), have any experience with them, think they will last as long as the statue?

No, I haven't. But you'd imagine Prime1 will plan for them to be fairly durable. I wouldn't change them too often however none the less, I'd find a nice looking pose and leave them be I think.

I'm so tempted to flex this, but I should probably show restraint...

Once you see this movie believe me you'll be too embarrassed by it to ever own anything from it. Awful movie that a 10 year old could have made better and the acting is quite possibly the worst i've ever witnessed.

Once you see this movie believe me you'll be too embarrassed by it to ever own anything from it. Awful movie that a 10 year old could have made better and the acting is quite possibly the worst i've ever witnessed.

I've seen it now. While it wasn't a groundbreaking movie, and way to heavy on the CGI for my tastes. The creature designs themselves were pretty much the originals from the first movie (minor tweaks). And these may end up being the closest thing we'll ever see. Plus they aren't visually branded as being from resurgence so it's fairly easy to pass them off as just being ID4 Aliens. In fact the base on the 1:1 bust is based on the alien attackers from the first movie that don't even feature in the sequel..

I just posted this in the colonist thread, I think it's worth repeating here for anybody trying to decide...

I made a few comparison pictures, the first one should display the size difference as best as possible with the available images. The soldier is surprisingly larger. One thing is certain, base aside this is a totally different sculpt. There are way more differences between the Colonist and Soldier than I had realised. Everything from the head, to the entirely different leg construction (the soldier has an extra segment and a pretty cool reversed element) I think I'd go for the colonist simply as it is more inline with the original ID4 versions (and more affordable) but I really like both. If I win the lottery, I'll get them both ;)

Size difference
Xuuv8Pc.png

lVzRxB4.png

G12GmAB.png

BrfPr4C.png

Nice find on these pics!

Yes you're right, they do seem to be the same size, bust is 32" and it looks like its the exact same height!

and the unarmed does look really good too....

hmmm...let me do a side by side pic to see which one I like best....

Turns out you were right ;) There's about 3" in it, not much but the soldier is definitely bigger. I've decided to throw caution to the wind and order one. I think I'm going to go for the colonist simply because it is more like the original design. But I agree with you that the soldier does look interesting, I actually prefer it's leg design. It has grown on me no end & is definitely tempting me! I'm selling a few statues to pay for this, so I have time to decide anyway. I'm 95% sure which one I'm going for, but who knows... If they weren't making Aliens & Predators, I'd probably get both.

Sadly, it looks like this and the colonist version have both been cancelled?! Both have been listed as sold out on their site and refunds have been given to at least one customer of this version. Sideshow couldn't clarify whether it had been cancelled, or they just aren't getting them now. I'll message Prime 1 and see if we can figure it out....

Back