Independence Day ID4 1/3 Alien colonist - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good call Python on noticing the differences in the leg construction between the two! I didn't even notice that untill you brought it up. As mentioned in the other post I'm going the soldier route (and the bust for sure), I actually like that extra leg segment, makes it look more alien to me. I have no idea if that leg segment is movie accurate or not.

For me, the main reasons I like the alien in the ID4 franchise is for the alien concept of weak alien in a monstrous organic exo suit. Cool idea, but yes resurgence sucked. But then again I am not really a huge fan of the first film either, I like my sci films a bit darker i.e. Alien franchise. So for this statue, for me, I don't mind if its not completely movie accurate, my alien movie collection though I am a bit discerning (though not entirely **** about it).

I think the unarmed alien is nicer as a more 'pure' representation of the suited up alien and if thats what people likenI totally get it. But for me the gun and armor of the soldier just makes the statue more interesting to look at.

Both very cool statues though, don't think you can go wrong with either one. The bust I think is on a league of its own, it looks sick!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Good call Python on noticing the differences in the leg construction between the two! I didn't even notice that untill you brought it up. As mentioned in the other post I'm going the soldier route (and the bust for sure), I actually like that extra leg segment, makes it look more alien to me. I have no idea if that leg segment is movie accurate or not.

For me, the main reasons I like the alien in the ID4 franchise is for the alien concept of weak alien in a monstrous organic exo suit. Cool idea, but yes resurgence sucked. But then again I am not really a huge fan of the first film either, I like my sci films a bit darker i.e. Alien franchise. So for this statue, for me, I don't mind if its not completely movie accurate, my alien movie collection though I am a bit discerning (though not entirely **** about it).

I think the unarmed alien is nicer as a more 'pure' representation of the suited up alien and if thats what people likenI totally get it. But for me the gun and armor of the soldier just makes the statue more interesting to look at.

Both very cool statues though, don't think you can go wrong with either one. The bust I think is on a league of its own, it looks sick!

Oh don't worry, I'm sure it's completely accurate to the movie, it's just a different suit design entirely. It has much larger feet also among other things. It makes sense really that the soldiers would be more beefed up over the other suit designs. I'm with you, I like the leg design on it, I like the soldier statue in general, if I could afford to buy both, I wouldn't hesitate. But I can only get one (for now) And while there are various differences between the colonist from ID:R, and the original, it is at least close to it which is why I'm going for that one. And I agree on the concept, I always liked these guys, I'm so happy a high end company is making them finally.

I loved ID4, I watch it regularly. I didn't dislike ID:R despite expecting to. But I've only seen it once, I need to watch it again. And yeah, the bust is very cool, can't wait for mine to arrive soon! either of these maquettes will look great next to it for sure.

Sadly, it looks like this and the soldier version have both been cancelled?! Both have been listed as sold out on their site and refunds have been given to at least one customer of the soldier version. Sideshow couldn't clarify whether it had been cancelled, or they just aren't getting them now. I'll message Prime 1 and see if we can figure it out....

Mine was cancelled by sideshow in December and I was refunded. Didn't really say why.

Prime 1 cancelled both of the ID4 maquettes sadly. They said it was due to reasons out of their control, or something like that anyway. And that they were disappointed also as they had put a lot of work into them already. I'd still love to buy this version....

Back