Prime 1 / Blitzway: Game of Thrones - Daenerys 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one beautiful sculpt, HOWEVER, that is definitely not Emilia haha.

The most impressive thing statue-wise ever...I think the poor lighting and pics do a disservice to the sculpt- a must buy for me

The most impressive thing statue-wise ever...I think the poor lighting and pics do a disservice to the sculpt- a must buy for me

The neutral blank stare expression on the head sculpt probably doesn’t help either.

From a distance the statue looks good. And I do like her dress, base and dragons.

IMO KA is the best of all time.

But I don’t know who this is supposed to be

Part of the problem is the resin statue finish and the incredibly flat paint job.

Suffice to say I’m a lot less ******** than I thought I’d be wondering how the hell id manage to shrink down a 1/4 sculpt to 1/6. Happy to know there is no need.

Maybe the license is for pieces based on the book, rather than the show? Can't tell if the eyes are purple, but that would be an indicator. Seems unlikely, though.

If it is supposed to represent the show, as expected, I'm not sure what is going on here, to be honest. Because I can't see any Emilia Clarke in there at all, really.
Def the show. It's very specific in detail to S3E7 in Yunkai. Besides that, no one reads anymore.lol Nearly all high end dolls/statues from the big companies are based on movies,TV and games. Unfortunately. You could pass it off as a book version of you wanted, I imagine. Just get those eyes painted purple.

Anyway, this statue is impressive! I can only imagine the price of this thing. It is beautifully rendered in detail, scale and paint from what I can see. In person this thing would really take people's breath away and be the centerpiece of a GoT collection. It's really something else. However.lol That is a poor likeness. They need to correct that, cuz I imagine at the price this thing will go for it needs to be a home run. If I were in the market for this I'd be super frustrated and disappointed in that likeness, cuz no matter how impressive it is it just don't look like Emilia Clarke.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I keep looking at more and more photos and I'm simply NOT impressed at all. I'm sure a high price tag will make this even worse.

As for the overall look of this thing, it reminds me of a statue you would find in a religious store or in a fancy garden.

Pics by Toyark:

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-029.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-030.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-031.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-032.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-033.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-034.jpg

Pics by Toyark:

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-029.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-030.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-031.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-032.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-033.jpg

SDCC-2019-Blitzway-034.jpg

Everything about this is beautiful. The presentation, the detail.
Its almost photo realistic, that its a figure that popped out of a picture.
But its only flaw I could think of, is its biggest flaw...I dont see Emilia with that sculpt.

It's a beautiful overall statue sure. But let's not give it a pass just because KA Kim sculpted it. It's supposed to look like Emilia Clarke and it doesn't. Most potential buyers probably consider likeness the most important part. They need to rework this pronto before they kill this statue and the entire line before it gets off the ground.

It looks pretty close in those pics, better than it's appeared previously. Maybe it's the lighting

I went through a few different videos of this on youtube. I think I'm satisfied now that there is enough of Clarke present in the features as is.
I'm chalking my earlier, more negative impressions up to the lighting and maybe some lens induced distortion.

Back